Man City v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Fernando said:

You guys have any good stream to watch this game tomorrow?

Not sure if you're up for it, but Kodi and SportsMania.eu are good to have. I've noticed they have all the 3 o clock kick offs.

But on the topic this is one we have to win. Kick City to the ground :) get 3 points and we stay top and we've had most of our hard games.

11 hours ago, MefiX19 said:

Berfore every game your posts are soooo pesimistic :D

I'm a generally pessimistic person. Expect the worse, hope for the best kind of guy. ^_^

Just thinking about how huge it would be to get 3 points here. We'd have to start considering ourselves favorites with our fixtures following this one easing up considerably. We could extend our run of wins to ridiculous lengths if we win this.

Judging by the kits, it looks like Cesc will start the game.

I have bad feeling about this. I dont want to be pessimist, but with him in lineup, we have very slim chances of winning the game. They will be all over our midfield. :(

Anyway come on chelsea, make us proud :tiphat:

Fabregas starting in a 3-5-2 is not a disastrous idea as it might help against their high press and for our ball circulation but it's risky. For one, it puts more pressure on our wingbacks to help generate attacks.

I wanted to write a long post about this game but figured, what's the point. I'll say this though. We have to start the game on the front foot, if that means keeping possession for the sake of it for say, the first 5 mins, then so be it. We need to releave some pressure on our backline early on which will give us some pressure. We can't afford to allow Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne, Gundogan and Sterling run them ragged early on.

We need to find Eden Hazard as frequently as possible early on. He needs to come in more centrally and get involved with the flow early on. I don't want a scenario where he's stuck on the left wing and closed down every time he touches the ball. He sets the tempo for how we attack and if we can't get him going early, then we our prospects of generating meaningful attacks is in some peril. City are soft at the centre. Their centre back pairing is not convincing at all and their players don't get stuck with the same intensity as Spurs or Liverpool. We can exploit that with direct running from Costa and Eden through the middle.

I just want to see good football from us. I trust Antonio to do that for us. We can't demand results in such a fixture but at least we can ask for good football. We deserve that after 3 years of (mostly) watching our team cowardly, drab and inept way away from home in these big games. With rarely any shots on goal, chances created or attacking/counter-attacking play of note. 

Of the 5 regular starters from last year that are not getting chances at the XI (Cesc, Oscar, Willian, Ivanovic and Terry), I would like to see Fabregas get some opportunity, but only if he plays well like 2014-15. I think he cares about the club and showed it in the second half of last season. I do no think he can feature in the XI regularly, but if you need a sub from time to time, and againif he plays well, I would like to see Cesc in there.

So, if Matic is indeed out today vs Manchester City, then hopefully Cesc gets his shot and wears his Magic Hat!!

Come on you Chelsea!!

Can't wait for this massive game. I think we can definitely beat them if we play to our strengths but a draw is still a good result looking at the overall bigger picture. Its important for us not to sit back and let them control possession otherwise they have quality players that can hurt us in a moment.

Definitely dont want to see Cesc playing next to Kante as his too much of  a defensive liability. Luiz or Chalobah alongside Kante is better with JT as sweeper and Captain again.