Man City v Chelsea

Jase

the one lesson I learned from our match against the spuds is that we invite pressure when we play from the back and spuds kept pressing until they scored. we must not give city any space we have to keep pressing them the entire match thats how we can beat them, thats how they lost against the spuds and almost lost against burnley, waiting for the right moment and counter attack won't work. with our team spirit I'm optimistic we can pull it off, if we beat city our next fixtures in the christmas period are relatively easy. KTBFF

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Why do we continue to play out the back when we're pressed? Why don't we play long balls?

We are developing a philosophy and we need to stick with it. It's about time we start playing like a modern team because I'm tired of seeing JT and Cahill hoofing it upfield to no-one. We have some very talented players on the ball and we should play to their strength.

There is no top team in Europe without great press-resistance. Just look at Barca, Paris, and Bayern for example. The ease in which they deal with the opposition's press is remarkable and at the end it's the foundation of their attacking play.

Playing a long ball when necessary isn't a bad thing but when you do it over and over again, you end up giving the ball away almost every time. In Antonio's words, the only way to improve is to 'work' and I'm certain he knows we can and should improve in this aspect. 

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 11:14 AM, Unionjack said:

I owe Costa a big appology. Never in a miillion years did I expect him not to get booked at Spuds. They tried fuckin hard from early on to rattle him and a Diego from any other year woulda been bringing blood up. But hes been excellent. A totally reformrd,changed,better player and I love the guy. I hope he wipes the floor with Aquero.

This. Absolutely spot on mate! Hiddink tweaked Diego's on pitch behavior and as you stated it, Conte has reformed him. You have to wonder if Jose did not direct him a bit to play the villain role at it's utmost.

Regardless, Costa is winning back Chelsea supporters previously turned off by his antics and is proving his one of the best finishers in the world and has improved his passes/assists. He gives it his all for the Chelsea blue!!

Come on you Chelsea!!

54 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

We are developing a philosophy and we need to stick with it. It's about time we start playing like a modern team because I'm tired of seeing JT and Cahill hoofing it upfield to no-one. We have some very talented players on the ball and we should play to their strength.

There is no top team in Europe without great press-resistance. Just look at Barca, Paris, and Bayern for example. The ease in which they deal with the opposition's press is remarkable and at the end it's the foundation of their attacking play.

Playing a long ball when necessary isn't a bad thing but when you do it over and over again, you end up giving the ball away almost every time. In Antonio's words, the only way to improve is to 'work' and I'm certain he knows we can and should improve in this aspect. 

I am also tired of seeing it but Cahill and Azpi aren't great on the ball and having them pass out the back isn't necessarily 'playing to their strengths'. I think next season Conte should try and employ it (when we have the personnel), but right now I don't think we're capable. I shit myself every time opposition players are running at Cahill, Azpi and Courtois. Zouma will be no better. They panic under pressure and their decision making is poor. Luiz is the only capable ball playing defender we have.

On a side note, if we keep playing this way going forward, I worry for the future of Zouma. He's an old school defender and not a modern day defender.

1 minute ago, Chelsea Buzz said:

This. Absolutely spot on mate! Hiddink tweaked Diego's on pitch behavior and as you stated it, Cante has reformed him. You have to wonder if Jose did not direct him a bit to play the villain role at it's utmost.

Regardless, Costa is winning back Chelsea supporters previously turned off by his antics and is proving his one of the best finishers in the world and has improved his passes/assists. He gives it his all for the Chelsea blue!!

Come on you Chelsea!!

MAYBE Mou WANTED Diego like he was. It was a mirror of his character on the pitch??

And its not Blies minds hes changing its the  unbiased supporters. The ones whohust like to see a good game. And i think the whole club has done that this past few weeks.

But just you watch. We will start pulling away after xmas/New Year and they will turn on is. Its the British way. We love a underdog changing for the best just as long as we aten't TOO good/ The media will start pulling is apart when we lose a game saying 'Is this the End' ' Are Chelsea that good' etc etc shit!!

Always happens. Unless youre bin dippers the medias darlings.

What's with all the negativity guys? 

We dismantled Utd, Southhampton who hadn't been beaten at home since us last season, Beat spurs from 1-0 down who hadn't been beaten this season...dismantled everton too....

We will dismantle City!

I don't wanna jinx it, we won 7 in a row, if we happen to snatch 3 points at City it would be 8 with 5 relatively easier games coming up. 

The potential 14th game would be Spurs away, what a time to break an Arsenal record :D 

3 hours ago, Adnane said:

I don't wanna jinx it, we won 7 in a row, if we happen to snatch 3 points at City it would be 8 with 5 relatively easier games coming up. 

The potential 14th game would be Spurs away, what a time to break an Arsenal record :D 

If it was anyone other than us, Spurs would have probably thrown it to spite Arsenal.

Pep's tinkered with 3 at the back recently, so wouldn't be too surprised if he deploys the same tactics again.

Aguero will test this back 3 and I wouldn't be surprised if Yaya would come in to keep Kante occupied. But this is a good match where you do want Matic, Kante, Luiz, Cahill. Strong players that will be able to out strength a few of these City players. Equally Costa-Hazard v Stones, Otamendi/Kolarov will be exciting. That defensive unit is exposed for City as well so if these 2 link up well we'll have some fun. 

Sterling v Alonso, Moses v left-wing :lol: 

CAREFREE. 

I don't want us to play counter attack because giving away so much possession will hurt us in the game. They have good players in the final third and so do we so we should actually play our game and not be scared of them ! 

4 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

Pep's tinkered with 3 at the back recently, so wouldn't be too surprised if he deploys the same tactics again.

Aguero will test this back 3 and I wouldn't be surprised if Yaya would come in to keep Kante occupied. But this is a good match where you do want Matic, Kante, Luiz, Cahill. Strong players that will be able to out strength a few of these City players. Equally Costa-Hazard v Stones, Otamendi/Kolarov will be exciting. That defensive unit is exposed for City as well so if these 2 link up well we'll have some fun. 

Sterling v Alonso, Moses v left-wing :lol: 

CAREFREE. 

Hes played 4-2-3-1 last few games tho

Heres a vid of the lads training recently

Gonna be great game IMO. I think it will be difficult, but we have chances to win. City is vulnerable in defence and hopefuly we dont park the bus because they will be all over us then. Press them and we can win.

I would take a draw tho.

22 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Hes played 4-2-3-1 last few games tho

Heres a vid of the lads training recently

Loving the quick, one touch passing drills in that video, thats how you beat the high press. It shows me that the Everton game wasn't a one off, we're obviously training to play at a high tempo and Conte wants the lads to be composed and confident on the ball. 

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Gonna be great game IMO. I think it will be difficult, but we have chances to win. City is vulnerable in defence and hopefuly we dont park the bus because they will be all over us then. Press them and we can win.

I would take a draw tho.

What you've gotta think is WTF is going thru the Mancs heads.

Theyre all thinking Oh fuck this is going to be tough. Them Chelsea lot are playing amazing and we are drawing with a crap defence.

WE are the team in form right ow even with our weak spots. Sod em!

If Yaya Tour even reckons we are gonna win then I hope it spreads thru Stockport!

One thing is for certain, we'll have to perform better than we did against Tottenham if we want the points here. 

I honestly would bite your hand off for a point right now. It's not pessimism, but rather maths and probability. We're well due to drop points in the league.