Man City v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

I suspected that might have been the case, Pedro out and a CM in, maybe Oscar. 

Pedro out?  I'm not too sure. Even if we bring another CM into the side then Pedro can replace Alonso at LWB. Something that Conte tried in West Ham game in the League Cup and said that Pedro is another option there. I certainly wouldn't want to lose Pedro pressing and energy to accommodate Oscar. And Alonso is the most in danger of losing his spot. You'd think it's too risky to change now but they have whole week to work on that.

14 hours ago, Diceflix said:

Against Spuds, we were indeed having trouble in the first half, i think because that was the first game since we shift to 343 when the opponents using Hard Pressing tactics, but the managers and the lads did better in 2nd half, i think conte did find out a way to exploit spuds tactic. Several gold chances created, one of them became decisive goal and none goals conceded.

================================

I don't think that at all. The Spurs couldn't maintain their press we didn't figure out how to break it in my opinion

20 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

City didn't look too convincing in their recent matches.. i thought Pochettino could snatch up a point against Chelsea after their game against Arsenal, wrong.

Stones is going to make the bench yet again, isn't he?

Kompany injured and Otamendi suspended, I expect Kolarov and Stones at centre-half.

9 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I don't think that at all. The Spurs couldn't maintain their press we didn't figure out how to break it in my opinion

Agreed, no one can maintain hard press for full 90 mins, it's a very exhausting play, and we managed to exploit them when they were loosen up...

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

Not yet. City play today. Let's hope Pep plays Otamendi and picks up his 5th. :P

Who are City playing today dude? Just hope Costa's hamstring+groin areas are 100% firing and don't worry about otamthingi 

This one might be intriguing, City press high also but they don't have as much physical impact as Spurs had last week ( which was showcased by the game between the two sides earlier in the season ), on the other hand, City's ability on the ball is level above and their center forward is very mobile. 

It will be interesting to see if we will cope better in terms of playing out from the back than the last game, I think we should engage things and be on the front foot rather than wait for them and hit them on the counter ( although we are able to do this but it's a bit risky to defend deep against Guardiola teams ). 

Another thing which is worrying me is that Guardiola has used the 3-4-3 a lot in his career, fair to say it hasn't worked a lot for him and you would think that of all people he knows why it didn't, thus having an advanced knowledge of the weaknesses of the system...

3 hours ago, Adnane said:

This one might be intriguing, City press high also but they don't have as much physical impact as Spurs had last week ( which was showcased by the game between the two sides earlier in the season ), on the other hand, City's ability on the ball is level above and their center forward is very mobile. 

It will be interesting to see if we will cope better in terms of playing out from the back than the last game, I think we should engage things and be on the front foot rather than wait for them and hit them on the counter ( although we are able to do this but it's a bit risky to defend deep against Guardiola teams ). 

Another thing which is worrying me is that Guardiola has used the 3-4-3 a lot in his career, fair to say it hasn't worked a lot for him and you would think that of all people he knows why it didn't, thus having an advanced knowledge of the weaknesses of the system...

I'm more worried about the fact that he has a full week to prepare for us. Especially how tottenham showed some of our weaknesses in the first half, Guardiola will be looking to exploit that. But hopefully we play with intensity and hazard has a great game so that we win. 

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

I'm more worried about the fact that he has a full week to prepare for us. Especially how tottenham showed some of our weaknesses in the first half, Guardiola will be looking to exploit that. But hopefully we play with intensity and hazard has a great game so that we win. 

I know that it should have been already well known,  but I am glad Tottenham showed the weakness of playing out of the back under high pressure.

I think in doing that, Conte will be working in overdrive this week with the team on it. I am hoping during that, our players start to be more comfortable with passing patterns from there. Where to pass, where to open up, where to move after we pass to create space. Do I think these particular players will ever be great at it? No. But practicing the patterns will improve it. 

Tottenham showing that weakness so obviously I think will force Conte's hand to work on it more.