• Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Chalobah (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

12 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Fair enough their goal was a lucky one but they really had earned that luck due to how they pinned us in, created opportunities to cross and how much possession they had in our half. If we went in at 0-0 we would of been fortunate and deservedly so they went in with the lead. We were clinical no doubt about it, 15 minutes changed the game for us, it was the same against Spurs just a 15-20 minute spell in the game where we had 2 chances and scored both but again we were lucky they didn't get the second goal because then it's a different proposition altogether. I wouldn't say we looked convincing enough defensively in those games, if Luiz didn't play v City we would of struggled because he bailed us out and against Spurs first half whole back 3 and both wing backs were awful in defensive actions.

Its not a bad thing to be lucky in big games but I believe that these things will even out in the season eventually, I'd hate to see us go 2-0 down to a team like Spurs, Arsenal or City because we wouldn't come back from it. Also there will be moments where we won't be as clinical which we have seen plenty of in previous seasons.

The whole lucky point was made regarding people saying/articles saying we had been magnificent, brilliant, etc more than anything, our counter attacks were lethal but still there is a huge amount to improve on based on two first halves of football against two top teams, Spurs and City because we won't get that luck every match in a season. De Bruyne was getting a huge amount of room in a position between Alonso and Hazard on the pitch and Navas and Sane had exposed our wing backs at times. This is a blueprint along with Spurs' pressing that could be copied and give us issues in the future, I still think we'd struggle against Liverpool or perhaps Arsenal with this system for instance, just because we are top of the league it means nothing yet as this team is still a work in progress and on another day it would of finished differently in both the Spurs and City games. I think people are getting too carried away, we've clicked sooner than City (who I still reckon are favourites) but I still think we might come undone with a few injuries and not getting that rub of the green like we've gotten in certain instances in games. 

Regarding that Spurs game, yes we played badly in the first half and they played well but did they really create any good opportunities to, say, go 2-0 up at HT? While Courtois had to make some saves, a lot of their shots came from distance and I can hardly remember them getting in behind our defence and having clear sight at goal like City did on Saturday.

On the bigger picture, I don't quite get how people describe or think Spurs are an attacking side. They may be fun to watch (can't believe I just said that) because of their workrate, the way they pressed and harried teams out of possession but whenever they win the ball back and get into the final third, they become headless chickens. They lose the composure, calmness and do not have that guile/creativity to really unlock the opposition's defence and have a clear sight at goal. It's always just frantic stuff from them and not the quality to go with their play.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luiz was a fucking boss in this match. He was so smart with stopping Aguero going to goal. Was def not a red card, he made it look like Aguero ran into him.

And that tackle on him...Geezer could've snapped his fucking leg. Horrible tackle....Aguero little dirty cunt. 

Tho Ive never liked Shitty Ive always kinda respected them. Theyve never won out for donkeys years (like we were) but they got on with it not grabbing headlines.

I always thought Aguero was OK tho. A good player. But never realized he was a classless dwarf bastard! Yeah OK the signs were there after Luiz Part 1 but put that down to heat of the moment stuff. But theres just no fuckin excuses this time.

And what really pisses me off more and I'll say it again is FUCKIN PEP!!!! To have the audacity to back Aguero up saying he wasn't at fault. Well he needs a fuckin ban too.

I would give him at least a 10 game ban. He will get an auto 4 but this is showing that its not just heat of the moment. Its showing history and he was planning on doing it.

Hes got to have Napolean Complex. A little dwarf with over aggressive tendencies making up for his lack of height. Ive had shits bigger than him

It was great at the game tho. I was against the rails downstars giving their lot earache. We went bonkers. Good turnout. Loved it.

46 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Tho Ive never liked Shitty Ive always kinda respected them. Theyve never won out for donkeys years (like we were) but they got on with it not grabbing headlines.

I always thought Aguero was OK tho. A good player. But never realized he was a classless dwarf bastard! Yeah OK the signs were there after Luiz Part 1 but put that down to heat of the moment stuff. But theres just no fuckin excuses this time.

And what really pisses me off more and I'll say it again is FUCKIN PEP!!!! To have the audacity to back Aguero up saying he wasn't at fault. Well he needs a fuckin ban too.

I would give him at least a 10 game ban. He will get an auto 4 but this is showing that its not just heat of the moment. Its showing history and he was planning on doing it.

Hes got to have Napolean Complex. A little dwarf with over aggressive tendencies making up for his lack of height. Ive had shits bigger than him

It was great at the game tho. I was against the rails downstars giving their lot earache. We went bonkers. Good turnout. Loved it.

What did you expect from a former UEFAlona player AND manager? The bald cunt is fake. We all know Mourinho is classless because he does and says things but Pep doesn't do this. He is very sneaky like not shaking the hands of our players and going to the pressconference first just to give Conte less time. He's a fucking dirty bitch like many MANY other football players say about him but the fact he is a former UEFAlona player and manager gives him this "Jesus of football managing status" and the whole wankfest around him. He's a bald cunt and I'm fucking glad we and the lads and Conte exposed him...not that teams like Boro and Celtic already exposed him.  

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Dude, maybe ease up on the insults about his height? Surely you can come up with something better to humiliate that sack of shit? You're not any better when you stoop to that level of going after someone's appearance, especially something that is out of their control, that is just plain old schoolyard bullying. I'm saying that because he's my height and I've been mocked about it too, not cool. And FYI, 1.73m is not as extremely short as you make it out to be, it's only the low end of average. This feeling of entitlement and superiority that people have, who are above average in something, sickens me.

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

Dude, maybe ease up on the insults about his height? Surely you can come up with something better to humiliate that sack of shit? You're not any better when you stoop to that level of going after someone's appearance, especially something that is out of his control, that is just bullying. I'm saying that because he's my height and I've been mocked about it too, not cool. And FYI, 1.73m is not as extremely short as you make it out to be, it's only the low end of average.

Yeah maybe you're right. Appy Polly Loggies I iz bollocked!   spank.gif

But It would be the same if he was 6'4" tho. Just the impact he made would be worse.

In what way were our players not under control? They didn't react to slapping, didn't react to choking, didn't react to being pushed over, but instead, only 1 player I saw (Chalobah) gave a 'no, back off' shove to Aguero. 

Laughable.