Looking for TV

BlueLyon

Recently I have decided to buy new tv and after bit of thinking I am leaning to get LG UH95 series, 55 inch.

Oled are bit too expensive right now. 

I could get this LG for reduced price, but I wonder if any of you knows this years LG models. 

The sellers in store told me its top tv, but I have seen mixed reviews on web. I planned to go after ks7/8 series which are rated very well, but this LG is next range and currently for the same price. 

Anyone could give me some tips?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 25/11/2016 at 1:39 AM, BlueLyon said:

Recently I have decided to buy new tv and after bit of thinking I am leaning to get LG UH95 series, 55 inch.

Oled are bit too expensive right now. 

I could get this LG for reduced price, but I wonder if any of you knows this years LG models. 

The sellers in store told me its top tv, but I have seen mixed reviews on web. I planned to go after ks7/8 series which are rated very well, but this LG is next range and currently for the same price. 

Anyone could give me some tips?

I rate Sony - have 3 of me and an LG and the Sony's are great - sure the UI is middle of the road, but they have focused on the picture

If you are going 4K make sure the HDR panel is 10bit and at least 1000 nits - 500 is the barest accepted nit level. 

Personally, I would wait until after Jan and the big shows - manufacturers discount then as new models hype is building and seriously- there's nothing new coming

Avoid curved at all costs - when we had Convex (CRT) tellies - every 'expert' lauded flat screen and showed scientific proof of how it was better, then curved came out (concave) and there's absolutely no evidence it's better - what it does do beyond any refute is distort the picture- don't buy into the hype, even on a 105" curved I preferred my 80" flat for gaming... 

just my observations- feel free to use/disregard :)

17 hours ago, Muzchap said:

I rate Sony - have 3 of me and an LG and the Sony's are great - sure the UI is middle of the road, but they have focused on the picture

If you are going 4K make sure the HDR panel is 10bit and at least 1000 nits - 500 is the barest accepted nit level. 

Personally, I would wait until after Jan and the big shows - manufacturers discount then as new models hype is building and seriously- there's nothing new coming

Avoid curved at all costs - when we had Convex (CRT) tellies - every 'expert' lauded flat screen and showed scientific proof of how it was better, then curved came out (concave) and there's absolutely no evidence it's better - what it does do beyond any refute is distort the picture- don't buy into the hype, even on a 105" curved I preferred my 80" flat for gaming... 

just my observations- feel free to use/disregard :)

Yeah curved is kinda pointless because its useful only if you watch straight at tv so that whole screen is equaly distanced from your eyes...from any angle, it makes no sense. 

I decided to go with LG and give it a try. I also looked saw sony, but was 300$ more expensive and the difference wasnt that big.

• 2 weeks later...