• Matic
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Ivanovic (sub)
    • Oscar (sub)

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

Laughable. Saw my first game in 1973. Bought my first season ticket in 1976. (Cost me £22.) Only home game I've missed in decades was the eight nil against Villa. Stop making a fool of yourself.

I know Iggy and I know you. I can also tell the difference.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read an article in the daily mail regarding Harry redknapp assessment of Chelsea, apparently he thinks that Chelsea doesn't have the squad that is capable of winning the league while Spurs have a superior that can challenge for the league, 😂 What a fucking cunt, still bitter ater we won the CL and stole his spuds spot 4th spot, I like that cunts like him and Sir Alex underestimate us, it only makes more determined and hungry KTBFF

1 hour ago, MefiX19 said:

Happy birthday Kevin! :drunk::yay:

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Happy birthday Kev.

thank you for the birthday wishes.

all the best to everyone here at TalkChelsea and all Chelsea fans for the rest of 2016 and I hope 2017 goes well for you all.

2017 is going to be a terrible year, so buckle up and it's going to be a bad/hard/tough ride.

55 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Like you do my friend. It is funny that you panic like this. Chill, you are always welcome in 4th place ;)

That simply means you prefer the things Iggy tends to post over the comments I make. Your choice, your business. When you throw around childish accusations as you did earlier however, you diminish yourself. Criticise, or ignore, but leave the school playground behaviour to those who belong there.

To say this was a huge win would be an understatement and that's not only because it's Spurs, we play City next week or important for our title aspirations but also vital for our top 4 hopes. Beating the teams around us for the top 4 has become as important, if not more, as beating them for the title.

For the second straight week, I'm kinda glad that we are able to win in different ways. Thrashing Leicester, United, Everton etc was all good but digging out results like we did at Boro and today was great - especially after those capitulations against Liverpool and Arsenal -  and showed that we might just have what it takes to win the title this season.

On a slightly different note, our inability to keep possession and our composure when being pressed is something else. We've had this issue for years and yet there doesn't seem to be much improvement. Kept giving the ball away so cheaply in the first half and towards the end of the game and this same thing also happened at Boro. If we do this and start like we did today at City next week, we will get ripped apart. They won't let us off so easily with those mistakes.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

If we do this and start like we did today at City next week, we will get ripped apart. They won't let us off so easily with those mistakes.

There is always a next week for you guys there:) I wish life was so easy.

55 minutes ago, Jason said:

To say this was a huge win would be an understatement and that's not only because it's Spurs, we play City next week or important for our title aspirations but also vital for our top 4 hopes. Beating the teams around us for the top 4 has become as important, if not more, as beating them for the title.

For the second straight week, I'm kinda glad that we are able to win in different ways. Thrashing Leicester, United, Everton etc was all good but digging out results like we did at Boro and today was great - especially after those capitulations against Liverpool and Arsenal -  and showed that we might just have what it takes to win the title this season.

On a slightly different note, our inability to keep possession and our composure when being pressed is something else. We've had this issue for years and yet there doesn't seem to be much improvement. Kept giving the ball away so cheaply in the first half and towards the end of the game and this same thing also happened at Boro. If we do this and start like we did today at City next week, we will get ripped apart. They won't let us off so easily with those mistakes.

Keeping the ball while being pressed is really difficult.  Even barcelona struggle with that. We have two CB who are not really brilliant on the ball,  but as you can see in 2nd half no team can press for 90 minutes, you just need to cope with it and or play long ball.

Imo the biggest problem in the 1st half was we kept losing the one on one battle. When we played long Costa was beaten in the air, when we play short Kante and matic could not shrugged of their markers, we also could not get your ball from their players without fouling

I am so glad to see us come from behind and beat Spurs.  Not to ruin the moment but I must say I wasn't super confident when we were ahead some how had a constant fear while I watched us play.

Ivanovic can't defend period! He came on and we almost looked like we were about to concede a  goal.

I am so so glad for Moses. I always like that lad, and wanted to see him play an important role for us and I am so glad that time has come. Not the best of performances compared to the other wins we had but it is good to see us beat Spurs.

Had to watch this in a cafe in a meeting so missed quite a lot of it but it looks like we were lucky to come out of the first half level. 

Felt we controlled the second half much better. Not a world class performance by any stretch, but an incredibly important 3 points to give us some breathing space for next week. 

Don't think we could have won it without Pedro's moment of brilliance, so went for him for MOTM.

8 hours ago, communicate said:

Keeping the ball while being pressed is really difficult.  Even barcelona struggle with that. We have two CB who are not really brilliant on the ball,  but as you can see in 2nd half no team can press for 90 minutes, you just need to cope with it and or play long ball.

But we can't cope with it. Every time we get pressed, even the slightest bit, the players turned into cumbersome figures. Not calm, not enough composure and the situation is sometimes made worse by our lack of passing accuracy - even simple 5-10 yards passes! - and average decision making.