• Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Ivanovic (sub)
    • Oscar (sub)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a great win by my Boys Chelsea on my birthday today November 26.

I turned 26 today and Chelsea win on my birthday.

my word Conte needs to get to work in training on Marcos Alonso how to shoot and kick a Ball correctly at goal.

Pedro's goal completely murdered their momentum and shattered their mentality. Totally controlled the second half. Really the only times they looked dangerous in the second half was when we were loose with the ball and handed it to them.

Only slight worry from an individual player standpoint for me going forward is when Alonso gets stranded 1 on 1 defensively. He's brilliant in attack but so shaky against pace out there. Walker had him on toast repeatedly by just knocking it past him and sprinting. Needs more help out there from Hazard in games like that.

Pedro scored the equalizer but in fact, it was his goal that won it for us. Completely changed the mentality in the dressing room. Spurs high pressing in the first half was quite something. We had absolutely no clue how to deal with it and I started to hate our attempts to pass the ball between Tibo, Luiz and Azpi. So nerve wrecking!

What was Pochetino's talk to Conte about?? Another sore loser I guess. Fantastic two defeats in the week, Spurs. Take that.

48 minutes ago, Thor said:

Great win. Turned it on, and completely changed our play at the start of that second half and created the chances we need. Could have got more too. I really think we created the better and more dangerous chances overall.

A few observations from the game: Ivanovic doesn't belong on the field. Got absolutely burned the first piece of defending he had to do, and looked out of place the rest of the time when defending was a must. On another note, Dembele is a really awesome player. Would love a strong, tall, physical midfielder like him who has that fluidity to his game. He is the new Yaya Toure in the league. Has it all in his bag. Should try and swindle him over here. 

Totally agree with you about Dembele.  He was outstanding, especially in the first half. If we could add someone with that fluidity to our midfield,  someone exactly of the type you describe, it would represent a huge improvement.

1 hour ago, Chelsea Buzz said:

Woohoo! Had it all the way BUT no need for negative comments on a day like today.

Can't agree with you there I'm afraid. This is exactly the kind of day for making realistic assessments. In the stands we all loved it of course, but in the boardroom they need sober heads. The squad has done remarkably well, but it needs help. That's not a fact which can be hidden or ignored.

January is coming. We need to act and then act again in the summer.

When did we last do 7 on the spin in the same season? I know the last time was between 09 10 and 10 11 when we did 8, but i think our last 7 in a row in same season might have actually been Jose mark one, possibly Avram.

9 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Can't agree with you there I'm afraid. This is exactly the kind of day for making realistic assessments. In the stands we all loved it of course, but in the boardroom they need sober heads. The squad has done remarkably well, but it needs help. That's not a fact which can be hidden or ignored.

January is coming. We need to act and then act again in the summer.

Oh, I agree 100%. Just saving the discussion for another day. Let's enjoy beating this lot for at least 24 hours first! :D