Federico Bernardeschi

Unionjack

Watching him today play vs Borussia MG he is really impressing me. Set up their first goal really well with a long run and some slick footwork. Plus that free kick from the first leg. Would be thrilled to see him on the right wing next year. A good option for us who brings a different style than B Silva

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Watching him today play vs Borussia MG he is really impressing me. Set up their first goal really well with a long run and some slick footwork. Plus that free kick from the first leg. Would be thrilled to see him on the right wing next year. A good option for us who brings a different style than B Silva

How is Andreas doing?

25 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

How is Andreas doing?

Pretty good, however the most important news is that he is finally stepping up and joins attacks numerous times in the match. He's so good at this and he looks to have confidence now to do this in senior football, at least in this match. 

Oh, and he just scored a goal! 

39 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Pretty good, however the most important news is that he is finally stepping up and joins attacks numerous times in the match. He's so good at this and he looks to have confidence now to do this in senior football, at least in this match. 

Oh, and he just scored a goal! 

Thats fantastic to hear. is it sort of like what Van Djik does for Southampton? 

Will try and watch the match this weekend now. 

18 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Thats fantastic to hear. is it sort of like what Van Djik does for Southampton? 

Will try and watch the match this weekend now. 

A bit like Carvalho used to do. Honestly, it's so good to watch. Christensen used to do that a lot in development games, I remember one particular action when he ran across whole pitch and had great shot at the end at Man United away (at Old Trafford?). He can do this but was so reluctant to last season. I don't watch Gladbach much now but I see even his passing is more positive now, all good when he's growing his confidence up at senior level because he certainly has all qualities to be one of the best playing centre-backs. It's amazing that Chelsea have him for free this summer because he'd cost a lot. 

4 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

A bit like Carvalho used to do. Honestly, it's so good to watch. Christensen used to do that a lot in development games, I remember one particular action when he ran across whole pitch and had great shot at the end at Man United away (at Old Trafford?). He can do this but was so reluctant to last season. I don't watch Gladbach much now but I see even his passing is more positive now, all good when he's growing his confidence up at senior level because he certainly has all qualities to be one of the best playing centre-backs. It's amazing that Chelsea have him for free this summer because he'd cost a lot. 

Agreed, (concerning your last point). And also agree with your post the other day,  mentioning earlier that Christensen should be givem that Middle CB spot. 

I mean, hopefully they both alternate, and we get to see whose better suited for the Middle CB spot.. But just having Christensen and Luiz in a Back 3 is to die for. Their passing is so positive, and they know how to find CMs between the lines. 

I honestly can't wait till next season because I really really think he can make it at Chelsea. 

• 1 month later...

I dont have enough thoughts about him yet one way or another. But some good views on here about him so I'll stay open minded

Seems theres still interest and no chance him going to Juve eh!

Chelsea receive huge transfer boost over summer move for Serie A sensation

ANTONIO CONTE has been given a boost in his pursuit of Fiorentina star Federico Bernardeschi, according to reports in Italy.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/788761/Chelsea-news-Antonio-Conte-transfer-gossip-Fiorentina-Federico-Bernardeschi-Juventus

• 1 month later...

Federico Bernardeschi is set to become the subject of a £30million tug-of-war between #Chelsea and Manchester United. [Alfredo Pedulla]

would be an absolutely perfect signing. Big fan of him.

Can play LWB or Right side attacker in the 343. Versatile and skillful. 30m would be a great price in today's market for a young player like him.

This is an older article and he has blossomed in a more attacking role but it still outlines his versatility:

https://tacticalcalcio.com/2015/12/04/federico-bernardeschi-fiorentinas-inverted-wing-back/

21 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Federico Bernardeschi is set to become the subject of a £30million tug-of-war between #Chelsea and Manchester United. [Alfredo Pedulla]

Can play LWB or Right side attacker in the 343. Versatile and skillful. 30m would be a great price in today's market for a young player like him.

This is an older article and he has blossomed in a more attacking role but it still outlines his versatility:

https://tacticalcalcio.com/2015/12/04/federico-bernardeschi-fiorentinas-inverted-wing-back/

Would welcome him here for that price. 30m are almost a steal. But retracable price given he will be in the penultimate year of his contract.

Versatile, decent pace and height, technically astute and left-footed. All things we are not that richly equipped with on the wings. 

1 hour ago, akgw13 said:

http://talksport.com/football/chelsea-transfer-update-striker-federico-bernardeschi-rejects-fiorentina-contract-offer?amp

Bernardeschi rejected a new contract Fiorentina may be force to sell him now 

Looks tricky with the ball and very unselfish, nice eye for the pass and can knock in free kicks. Some great long runs with the ball as well, in some games Conte would surely put him at wing back since he has a history with the position

He's been quietly consistent his whole career, no horror shows to note. I expected him to have more output in terms of goals/assists back at the start though. He reminds me of Schurrle now, but only the good qualities. Definitely an alright option. But I'd use him against small sides, and as a sub against the big ones. He doesn't offer more than Pedro, he can go a bit quiet.

In fact if you want to see how quiet, check his Wikipedia. Barely 6 sentences for his entire Fiorentina career.

Looks like he have a decent left peg. Couldn't really follow Serie A this season, but Fiorentina had quiet season and I think they didn't even qualify for Europe this year, also their current manager Sosa will leave them. I'd definitly go for him if he was able to play as wing back, but can't see him replacing Pedro or Willian, I'd prefer someone even more proven for this spot.

Interesting that we've been linked with quite a few left wingback but hardly with any on the right side of the field. At least for me, upgrading RWB positie is a higher priority this summer although a new world class LWB would also be very nice addition to the squad.

14 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Juve chasing him right now. It's a shame, I could see he will want to join them. Dybala like signing.

Juventus are stockpiling players. It's insane.

They only do this so Inter and Milan will be unable to get them.

35 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Interesting that we've been linked with quite a few left wingback but hardly with any on the right side of the field. At least for me, upgrading RWB positie is a higher priority this summer although a new world class LWB would also be very nice addition to the squad.

Why are you writing this in this thread? Federico Bernardeschi IS NOT LWB and Conte can't turn any winger into wingback, you have to realize that :) 

Actually we haven't been linked with any wingback apart from Mendy :) 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You