Federico Bernardeschi

Unionjack

Federico Bernardeschi

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/576/410/hi-res-a07369d84d57cf3f37f6660194108109_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

The lad seems to be a very flexible player. From number 10 to 2nd striker to left or right wing back.

Fiorentina star Federico Bernardeschi is reportedly ready to push for a move to Chelsea in the January transfer window.

Federico_Bernardeschi_Football_Statistic

Both links worth a read

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2677146-chelsea-transfer-news-latest-federico-bernardeschi-alessio-romagnoli-rumours

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/federico-bernardeschi-versatile-fiorentina-number-10-being-courted-barcelona

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we could get him for a reasonable price he would be great for LWB OR cover for both WBs until we decided just what we werer going to do with Alonso,

Calciomercato (h/t the Sun's Anthony Chapman) reports Conte has his eyes set on the Fiorentina duo of Milan Badelj and Federico Bernardeschi, hoping to bring one or both into the fold in January.

Bernardeschi in particular is one to keep an eye on, as the winger is widely regarded as one of Italy's top young prospects. He has played both in a central role and out wide for Fiorentina so far, scoring at ease and acting as one of the club's main creative outlets.

• 5 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Blues Look to Agree $78million Star Signing – He Wants Chelsea Move

http://soccerisma.com/2017/01/blues-want-federico-bernardeschi-he-wants-chelsea-move/

He seems like a very good player scored two goals and assist in his last game for Fiorentina 

Just now, the wes said:

He seems like a very good player scored two goals and assist in his last game for Fiorentina 

Not ad a bad season has he. Scored 10 and 2 assists.

And he apparently WANTS to play for us and not often we hear that.

Tho I think we will hear that more often under Conte. Hes made us an exciting prospect for players  and theyre going out now wanting and trying to score all the way trhru the game for the 1st time in awhile

Would be an interesting signing. Similar to a left-footed Hazard. Can play in all AM positions, good passing range, good technique, fast and works hard. 
When I think of a front three with Hazard and Costa, Bernardeschi is the type of player that should take the third spot. All are good at creating space, running into it and passing into it. They are also all flexible enough to switch around between each other. 

Just to add some info: This would be a Conte signing 100%. Bernardeschi has played as a right wingback, a right winger and a number 10 lately. He is pretty strong, quick, very good technique while also being smart. He has a mean shot too. Great Italian talent, would have been further in his career, but broke his leg (dont remember the full extent of the injury) in late 2014, and has been shuffled around a few positions since. His stats in terms of G+A might seem a bit lacklustre, but again, he has played a more defensive role quite a bit the last two years. Since becoming a more offensive player he has delivered. 

We discuss a lot about which players are worth hefty investments. Bernardeschi is such a player for me. About to hit 23, already very good and yet to hit his peak. Conte knows him, he is making a name for himself but is yet to be considered a Serie A star. If we want to buy, then we should hurry. 

2 hours ago, Rekin said:

Would be an interesting signing. Similar to a left-footed Hazard. Can play in all AM positions, good passing range, good technique, fast and works hard. 
When I think of a front three with Hazard and Costa, Bernardeschi is the type of player that should take the third spot. All are good at creating space, running into it and passing into it. They are also all flexible enough to switch around between each other. 

Just to add some info: This would be a Conte signing 100%. Bernardeschi has played as a right wingback, a right winger and a number 10 lately. He is pretty strong, quick, very good technique while also being smart. He has a mean shot too. Great Italian talent, would have been further in his career, but broke his leg (dont remember the full extent of the injury) in late 2014, and has been shuffled around a few positions since. His stats in terms of G+A might seem a bit lacklustre, but again, he has played a more defensive role quite a bit the last two years. Since becoming a more offensive player he has delivered. 

We discuss a lot about which players are worth hefty investments. Bernardeschi is such a player for me. About to hit 23, already very good and yet to hit his peak. Conte knows him, he is making a name for himself but is yet to be considered a Serie A star. If we want to buy, then we should hurry. 

What would you say was his best position and would he be better in that position than what we have already?

Right now I think we either buy a starting upgrade for Alonso AND Cahill and POSSIBLY a CM

And IF the right ones are available a RWB backup, a RW upgrade (repeat IFthe right one is available but no rush) and we need a ST. Preferably one of Diego class to give us the 3 5 2 option and to continue to push him. And one that Conte trusts!

Might sound greedy or un necessary but if we intend on making a show in CL we really do need to upgrade.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

What would you say was his best position and would he be better in that position than what we have already?

Right now I think we either buy a starting upgrade for Alonso AND Cahill and POSSIBLY a CM

And IF the right ones are available a RWB backup, a RW upgrade (repeat IFthe right one is available but no rush) and we need a ST. Preferably one of Diego class to give us the 3 5 2 option and to continue to push him. And one that Conte trusts!

Might sound greedy or un necessary but if we intend on making a show in CL we really do need to upgrade.

I think his best position depends a bit on how the team is playing. He is a very skilled CAM, but we do not use one. Therefore the question becomes where would he play for us, and can he do that well?

For us he would have the position of Pedro, but would be better suited to the position. He has all the attributes to do well there. He is fast, has a high football IQ, is left-footed, somewhat strong, can both shoot and pass very well and works very hard. He has played as a wing-back, and as an AML so he can also easily rotate in more than one position if the situation requires it.

I think Cahill and Alonso require upgrading, but it is unlikely to happen in January. We are not playing in Europe, and we have conceded 4 goals in 13 games. Overall our defense has been more than solid enough to relax on that front. I think it is likely we will go for a CM though. I really doubt we will buy a striker as well in January. Costa and Bats should be fine.  

25 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned the fee. 63 million? For that money I would expect far higher quality

Yeah, it is very high. Keep in mind though that he is having a very good season, is one of Italy's most exciting young players (while also being old enough to perform), and that every club in Europe knows we just got a pile of money.Think of the Napoli CB we were going for in the summer. One really good season, and he was valued at 50m+. Compare that to a young Italian offensive talent, of course the price will be high. 
I doubt he would actually go for that much, but he is certainly a very exciting player. Who would you prefer there if I may ask?

Surprised nobody has mentioned the fee. 63 million? For that money I would expect far higher quality

All talk. I'd expected them to sell for something around the Cuadrado fee (£27-30m). Whether that would be good business for someone that hasn't necessarily lit up Serie A is debatable.

5 hours ago, LAM09 said:

All talk. I'd expected them to sell for something around the Cuadrado fee (£27-30m). Whether that would be good business for someone that hasn't necessarily lit up Serie A is debatable.

I'm betting you didn't even know who Marcos Alonso was before he signed for us. He came good.

I'm betting you didn't even know who Marcos Alonso was before he signed for us. He came good.

I knew who he was when he made his debut at Bolton, so don't make assumptions in future. [emoji106]

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You