test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the wes

Hakan Calhanoglu

Started by the wes,

71 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Looks like we are STILL CLOSE to striking a deal for him

http://www.turkish-football.com/chelsea-transfer-news-blues-close-to-agreeing-move-for-bayer-leverkusens-hakan-calhanoglu/

Im wondering if Conte is planning to stick with 3-4-3 or looking as other formations? Might explain some of the players we are being linked to.

Fringe player I guess. This means exit Oscar. Conte denied this by saying Oscar would stay but that's Conte. He's never transparent in press conferences. 

"According to the sun" seriously? 

Oscar is a better player so replacing Oscar with an inferior player doesn't make sense.

Also Leverkusen making him available for 17m? Not a chance, as soon as Chelsea is mentioned it's got to be about triple the price.

Hada very good game on Sunday top it off with assist aswell seem to be playing a lot on right wing for Bayer this season  he's very good creative player he's got similar style to Ozil

1 hour ago, the wes said:

According to the Daily Mail, Chelsea sent scouts to watch Calhanoglu in action against Cologne last week

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/573324/Chelsea-Transfer-News-Beyer-Leverkusen-Hakan-Calhanoglu

In the Sun too

Do you reckon he can He Hak It in PL or could we get better??

Chelsea transfer news: Hakan Calhanoglu scouted by Antonio Conte as he looks to replace £60million China-bound Oscar

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2483249/chelsea-transfer-news-hakan-calhanoglu-antonio-conte-oscar/

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

In the Sun too

Do you reckon he can He Hak It in PL or could we get better??

He's not quickest of players but he's very creative with assists and free kicks he has similar style to Ozil tho if we can get him at good fee I think he's worth buying 

32 minutes ago, the wes said:

He's not quickest of players but he's very creative with assists and free kicks he has similar style to Ozil tho if we can get him at good fee I think he's worth buying 

iI quitre like Ozil

That would be so damn cheap for this guy. Excellent squad player. He's like a Nasri. You surely don't want him starting every game, in this league anyway, but bringing him on with 20 minutes to go will probably result in a huge influx of opportunities for the forwards around him. 

I thought he was around 25 by now, but turns out he's still only 22. Under the right coach he could become one of the best players around in his position, which he's shy of just now for sure.

the wes and Blue-in-me-Veins like this

41 minutes ago, the wes said:

Reports from Turkish-football.com claim that Chelsea have made an offer to Bayer Leverkusen for their attacking midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu

Pretty much the replacement for Oscar. 

Because since we got Ake who can play in mid and defense we needed an AM in the Oscar mold. 

19 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Pretty much the replacement for Oscar. 

Because since we got Ake who can play in mid and defense we needed an AM in the Oscar mold. 

We do NOT need any players in the 'Oscar mould'. 

I don't want to see that kind of player here ever again. Lol.

On 12/30/2016 at 10:20 AM, Leif said:

That would be so damn cheap for this guy. Excellent squad player. He's like a Nasri. You surely don't want him starting every game, in this league anyway, but bringing him on with 20 minutes to go will probably result in a huge influx of opportunities for the forwards around him. 

I thought he was around 25 by now, but turns out he's still only 22. Under the right coach he could become one of the best players around in his position, which he's shy of just now for sure.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Replacing an inconsistent player with another inconsistent player. Would be vintage Chelsea move.

It's literally both of these comments. I watch Bayer Leverkusen a lot, and Hakan Calhanoglu is very much an enigma. One major selling point on Calhanoglu, as Leif pointed out, is that he's still only 22. And I'd like to add that Roger Schmidt simply doesn't use him properly, playing him sometimes as a Striker/Wide-Midfielder/Winger, with his 4222 "balls to the wall pressing".If he was signed by Chelsea, fortunately for Hakan, he'd be playing for a side that actually looks to dominate possession, and he'd get to play in the half-spaces which is where he actually wants to be in, and not as a Wide-Midfielder/Striker who needs to press relentlessly for 90 minutes.

His only similarity to Oscar right now is the inconsistency, which can't just be swept to the side. There are many a time where the games just pass him by, and you only notice him when he's being subbed off. But I can make the argument, that Hakan is simply being utilized ineffectively, although that doesn't absolve him from all blame.

I'd also like to point out, that a footballer in isolation, he's much better than Oscar. He can complete 5 yard passes for starters, his technical ability is very sound, he can maintain possession under pressure, can make any/all the passes that break defensive lines, loves playing one-two's which should make Hazard happy when attacking, and he's adept at using either foot (but still favors his right). And his set-piece delivery is a thing of beauty. He'd make teams pay for fouling us in and around the final third. 

At the end of the day, I would absolutely love this signing. He's young, unquestionably has the talent, and would be on the cheap (Atletico Mad. almost nabbed him on the final days of the summer window for reportedly 30M Euros or less).

The risk/reward payout on this signing is clearly in Chelsea's favor here. Sign. Him. Up. 

EMK, kellzfresh, Fernando and 1 other like this

He's a great talent with alot of ability and is value for money should the quoted price be right. Just don't see were he'd be utilised properly in our current set up.

On 30/12/2016 at 2:16 PM, the wes said:

Beautiful free kick from 50 yards rumoured to be available between £17m till £20m 

Can you imagine the response Conte would give if that happened for us! He would be in orbit!

The only things I know about him are thru vids available and stuff I can find on the web.

So its great for the likes of me that only really warches the PL and the bigger European games, that all you guys who watch the different leagues,teams,players and share your ideas of them (whether they agree with each other or not) Its all info that I can put togetrher and make my own mind up,

So ta guys!

the wes likes this

Honestly, I'm ok with this. He looks that he has some talent to play possession football and he likes to play through balls. He can shoot. His freekicks shots/deliveries are great.

What I know is that we absolutely need attacking midfielder this winter but we also crave for major player next to Diego and Hazard. If we won't block here a pathway to marquee signing in the summer, then sign him up.