Andrea Belotti

Captain Ahmed

Andrea Belotti  

75 members have voted

1. 1. According to you,Andrea Belotti to Chelsea? For or against that

• Yes, I am for that
    • No,I am against that

25 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

One season wonder. No one will remember his name in a year.

Oh boy...here come the Vardy/any other one trick pony comparisons.

Has also already proved himself to be Italy's new number 9 mate. He will only improve from now on.

2 hours ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

One season wonder. No one will remember his name in a year.

Did anybody remember Diego Costa name when he was 23-year-old thats unfair to say that about the kid all I can say is he not worth €100m 

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing Links that conte has his sights set on Belotti if Costa gets his wish and moves on this summer. Obviously option #1 is to keep costa but for me Belotti is the next best thing. would absolutely love to see him here. Could just be lazy links to get dummies like me to click but still a little hope. 

Cant claim to be an expert on Belotti, but the way he is described he sounds like a player that would fit the team.
I thought to myself at some point that if/when Costa leaves, Icardi would be a good replacement, but he might be a bit one-dimensional. Belotti is physically very strong, an excellent finisher and works his ass off according to almost every report/opinion on him I have read. Seems like a Conte-type of player. 

I ran a comparison between Icardi, Belotti, Dzeko and Higuain. They are all on either 15 or 14 goals this season, with Belotti being the youngest (10 months younger than Icardi) and playing in the worst team (also has a lower amount of minutes than Dzeko and Icardi).

Outtake on Belotti:

• Second highest amount of assists (3)
  • second lowest shots per game (3,3) 
  • Second highest aerial wins per game (2,1)
  • Good overall defensive stats, especially in tackles (1,1)
  • Highest amount of key passes per game (1,9)
  • Gets fouled more than twice as much as the others (3,2 pg)
  • More or less same amount of dribbles per game as the others
  • Gets dispossesed the most, and take the largest amount of poor touches out the four, even if it is not by much
  • Good overall passing stats

In summary, I would not translate these stats to it being a one-trick pony, or one season wonder. While he is a strong finisher, he has a very good all-around profile with being solid in the air, being a good dribbler and a capable passer. These stats do also not show a clear picture of some of his strongest sides, which include strength and hard work. He holds his own compared to the best strikers in Italy, while playing in the worst team and being the youngest.

Paying his buy-out should not really be a serious option, but then again I really doubt that it is the price that he would go for. I certainly think that he would justify a high price tag though, and is likely to become a top striker when he ends up in a better team. 

Just now, ChelseaFanUK said:

I'd be skeptical of them tweets,  deadline throws all sorts of BS about

Yeah. Sky Italia isn't even reporting it, but still...would love to see Belotti in Blue. Very strong striker. Would be great in the Premier League. Has really impressed me as a Serie A follower.

Fabrizio Romano (reliable journo, works closely with Di Marzio) has reported 100% that Belotti won't be leaving Torino, at least not in this window. Wouldn't make sense anyway considering we already have Batman and Costa, and Pedro who can play the striker role. 

2 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Fabrizio Romano (reliable journo, works closely with Di Marzio) has reported 100% that Belotti won't be leaving Torino, at least not in this window. Wouldn't make sense anyway considering we already have Batman and Costa, and Pedro who can play the striker role. 

No one's coming this window. Belotti in the summer would be good if he can continue this form he has in Serie A.

Dembele doesn't want to leave Celtic. Both Dembele and Belotti were just lazy press bullshit.

2 minutes ago, It's too big said:

We won't be paying 89 million for Belotti ffs. He's not anywhere close to an elite player yet. If we were paying that sort of money it would be for a world class player, not a prospect who isn't prolific 

I rate him highly but 100m is stupid.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You