test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Ahmed

Andrea Belotti

Started by Captain Ahmed,

Andrea Belotti   74 members have voted

1. 1. According to you,Andrea Belotti to Chelsea? For or against that

• Yes, I am for that
    • No,I am against that

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

398 posts in this topic
9 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Ive read all I have found on the guy and to me he does sound like a perfect player for Conte. Ge seems to run round like a hamster on his wheel. hes stromg, hot a bite and he is always the 1st line of defence.

I like him. I'm wondering why Juve haven't gone for him.

Because they would need to negotiate with Torino first. The 100million buy out clause is only for non-Serie A clubs. They did this because they didn't want to lose him like Napoli lose Higuain to Juve.

Torino won't sell to Juve as they don't want to be their feeder club and their fans will go metal as they really, REALLY hate Juventus.

Juventus have Higuain and Mandzukic and Dybala as prospect. Also, Belotti is rumoured to have a dislike for Juve.

Bundesliga clubs need to do this as well as every Bundesliga club has become a feeder club for Bayern Munich.

If its true that Tianjins owner confirmed that they have an agreement with Costa and Chelsea will sell in June we really need to sign Belotti up this window.

Why waste time on Diego if he is going in June.. Dont want us to be in a bad position in the summer where we dont have any first team striker and its 10 days left on the transfer window..

27 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Because they would need to negotiate with Torino first. The 100million buy out clause is only for non-Serie A clubs. They did this because they didn't want to lose him like Napoli lose Higuain to Juve.

How does that make sense? If they wanted to deter Serie A clubs specifically, then that clause would be for them and not for non-Seria A clubs. This way they are showing preference to sell him in Italy rather than abroad, no?

Unionjack likes this

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

How does that make sense? If they wanted to deter Serie A clubs specifically, then that clause would be for them and not for non-Seria A clubs. This way they are showing preference to sell him in Italy rather than abroad, no?

No because if the clause would be for Serie-A teams Juve could just activate it with a 100M bid. Now Juve needs to negotiate with Torino where Torino could just say f*** o** and refuse to sell him no matter what Juve is offering.

Just now, Costa19 said:

No because if the clause would be for Serie-A teams Juve could just activate it with a 100M bid. Now Juve needs to negotiate with Torino where Torino could just say f*** o** and refuse to sell him no matter what Juve is offering.

And you think they would pay 100M for him? 

Just now, manpe said:

And you think they would pay 100M for him? 

They did with Higuain.

Its a smart move by Torino. They let Serie-A teams negotiate with them directly (and Torino can do whatever they want) and teams abroad to pay 100M if they want him.

T

BoyBlue96 and manpe like this

11 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

They did with Higuain.

Its a smart move by Torino. They let Serie-A teams negotiate with them directly (and Torino can do whatever they want) and teams abroad to pay 100M if they want him.

T

Yeah, now it makes sense.

BoyBlue96 and Costa19 like this

24 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

They did with Higuain.

T

And Torino will tell Juve they can f*ck off even before they come walking by with a bid.

Their fans won't accept it. They went apeshit in Naples when Higuain snitched them for Juventus, expect them to go mental on Belotti in Turin for moving up to the Juventus stadium. Torino fans are crazy.

1 hour ago, BoyBlue96 said:

and Dybala as prospect

I read they want an extension to 2021

But theres been no offers for him anyway

2 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Dybala won't leave Juventus any time soon.

Nah I can't see it neither. No need and not over here anyway.

Judging only by the YouTube videos (I know), he's a very tidy finisher.  All kinds of angles and shapes, different kinds of balls in to him.  Only 5'11, but he's got some leap on him and really attacks the ball in the air.

25 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

One season wonder. No one will remember his name in a year.

Oh boy...here come the Vardy/any other one trick pony comparisons.

Has also already proved himself to be Italy's new number 9 mate. He will only improve from now on.

the wes likes this

2 hours ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

One season wonder. No one will remember his name in a year.

Did anybody remember Diego Costa name when he was 23-year-old thats unfair to say that about the kid all I can say is he not worth €100m 

3 minutes ago, the wes said:

Did anybody remember Diego Costa name when he was 23-year-old thats unfair to say that about the kid all I can say is he not worth €100m 

True. 100m is too much of a risk. 

Seeing Links that conte has his sights set on Belotti if Costa gets his wish and moves on this summer. Obviously option #1 is to keep costa but for me Belotti is the next best thing. would absolutely love to see him here. Could just be lazy links to get dummies like me to click but still a little hope. 

Cant claim to be an expert on Belotti, but the way he is described he sounds like a player that would fit the team.
I thought to myself at some point that if/when Costa leaves, Icardi would be a good replacement, but he might be a bit one-dimensional. Belotti is physically very strong, an excellent finisher and works his ass off according to almost every report/opinion on him I have read. Seems like a Conte-type of player. 

I ran a comparison between Icardi, Belotti, Dzeko and Higuain. They are all on either 15 or 14 goals this season, with Belotti being the youngest (10 months younger than Icardi) and playing in the worst team (also has a lower amount of minutes than Dzeko and Icardi).

Outtake on Belotti:

• Second highest amount of assists (3)
  • second lowest shots per game (3,3) 
  • Second highest aerial wins per game (2,1)
  • Good overall defensive stats, especially in tackles (1,1)
  • Highest amount of key passes per game (1,9)
  • Gets fouled more than twice as much as the others (3,2 pg)
  • More or less same amount of dribbles per game as the others
  • Gets dispossesed the most, and take the largest amount of poor touches out the four, even if it is not by much
  • Good overall passing stats

In summary, I would not translate these stats to it being a one-trick pony, or one season wonder. While he is a strong finisher, he has a very good all-around profile with being solid in the air, being a good dribbler and a capable passer. These stats do also not show a clear picture of some of his strongest sides, which include strength and hard work. He holds his own compared to the best strikers in Italy, while playing in the worst team and being the youngest.

Paying his buy-out should not really be a serious option, but then again I really doubt that it is the price that he would go for. I certainly think that he would justify a high price tag though, and is likely to become a top striker when he ends up in a better team. 

Mufassir08 likes this

5 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Il Gallo to the Bridge? Would love it. Have fallen in love with this guy.

I'd be skeptical of them tweets,  deadline throws all sorts of BS about