Andrea Belotti

Captain Ahmed

Andrea Belotti  

75 members have voted

1. 1. According to you,Andrea Belotti to Chelsea? For or against that

• Yes, I am for that
    • No,I am against that

This is so comical.

We lose out on Lukaku so now a player we've been erroneously linked to is the target? And if 75M was too much to pay for a HG, premier league proven, chelsea supporter then how much is too much for a one season dynamo with a €100m release clause?

Lukaku, whether you like him or not, is a commodity that is known his flaws and strengths are well documented. Belotti has a really small sample size and the risk of him being a catastrophe is greater than Lukaku's

Still I like Belotti I just hate that we allowed Utd to pip in ahead of us regardless of who are target is. This will make negotiations so much harder now because we are desperate, Costa out the door, Lukaku off the market leaving Belotti and Morata.... lol

fun times ahead fellas

Belotti is my #1 guy, has been for a long long time but i get the feeling we will end up with Morata. Just a gut feeling. I prefer Belotti which is well known but Morata is unsettled, worked with Conte, and is negotiable on price (Belotti has the 86m Sterling release though)

3 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

I personally feel that some people are overrated certain aspects of Belotti's game.  I say that even though he would be my number one target.  My order would be 1) Belotti, 2) Morata, 3) Lukaku (Mbappe is a dream, but impossible.  I would pay stupid money for him).  I think that lukaku has the biggest deficiencies of the three.  He will do well and score lots wherever he goes, but he isn't the type of striker to take your team to the next level.  When he is at his absolute best, he can be almost unplayable and arguably the best of the 3, but there's so much lacking that stops that from happening.  Since this is the Belotti thread, I won't go further than that though.  On to Belotti.

I think he is brilliant.  He does have that costa/tevez type of fight and determination (without the massive negatives of costa).  This type of willpower really does have an effect on the team.  It wears the defense down, but it also gives a lift to the team.  Teammates cling to that and it is contagious.  It's that little bit of scruffiness and fight that pushes a team over the line when they are having an off day.  He presses brilliantly and willfully (vital in our system).  

He drives the team forward (as his coach or president of torino, forget which one, said).  His runs stretch the defense and allow other attacking players to get in to the mix.  When he gets the ball deep, his first thought is to go straight forward.  One track mind at time it seems, and that is something I value in a striker.  He is a surprisingly good dribbler in space and when he is at speed.  It's hard to stop him once he starts going.  So when he gets it deep, he drives the whole team forward quickly and effectively.  More on other type of dribbling later on.  

He is excellent in the air. Again, it has a lot to do with his sheer determination to get to the ball first.  He knows how to position himself well for crosses (if we end up with him and sandro, it will quite the partnership).  

He is pretty good at holding play up.  He is physical and strong, and holds the ball well enough to left his teammates get there.  When he releases the ball, he is immediately making a run forward and making himself available.  He struggles getting the ball away from his feet some though.  

Areas I think he is lacking and overrated by a few: I think his overall technical quality is not near as good as many make it out to.  Yes, it is better than both lukaku and costa, but it's not top level.  In his highlight videos, it looks good, but when you watch full games or all his touches in a game, you see it is lacking.  His passes are often hit too hard, he doesn't quite have that touch.  His first touch is okay, but not excellent, theres a few times most games where it's just too heavy.  Along the same lines, he is not that good at dribbling in spaces that are tighter.  When he is at pace, he is very good though.

As I said, he is my first choice and I rate him very highly.  He does come with his flaws though.  He is decent enough technically that it does not negatively effect the overall team play as I see lukaku's doing.  He is the type that will always make a difference on the game whether he is scoring or not (another thing I think lukaku lacks).  

I fully agree with you. His first touch and technique are far from perfect. I consider them a bit above Costa and Lukaku, but they would in no way be considered his main strengths. The same applies to both spotting the pass, and executing it. 
I do however feel like Belotti can still improve in this aspect, he seems to me like a player that is still improving every season in some aspects. Put him under a good coach that works in his weaknesses and he can become world class. 

I fully agree with you. His first touch and technique are far from perfect. I consider them a bit above Costa and Lukaku, but they would in no way be considered his main strengths. The same applies to both spotting the pass, and executing it. 
I do however feel like Belotti can still improve in this aspect, he seems to me like a player that is still improving every season in some aspects. Put him under a good coach that works in his weaknesses and he can become world class. 

Agreed on most of that. I do think he will become world class. Technical quality is something that usually only improves so much. I agree it will improve, but there's only so much it can. It is something that you are naturally have.

Think he'll be the next Real Madrid target a year from now if he doesn't move this summer and has another season like last. For that reason it's probably now or never for us.

The reason I'd prefer him to Morata is because of his tenacity. Almost Costa like without the dirty side of it.

Look at this, for example:

The sort of player that will thrive in the PL.

22 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

I personally feel that some people are overrated certain aspects of Belotti's game.  I say that even though he would be my number one target.  My order would be 1) Belotti, 2) Morata, 3) Lukaku (Mbappe is a dream, but impossible.  I would pay stupid money for him).  I think that lukaku has the biggest deficiencies of the three.  He will do well and score lots wherever he goes, but he isn't the type of striker to take your team to the next level.  When he is at his absolute best, he can be almost unplayable and arguably the best of the 3, but there's so much lacking that stops that from happening.  Since this is the Belotti thread, I won't go further than that though.  On to Belotti.

I think he is brilliant.  He does have that costa/tevez type of fight and determination (without the massive negatives of costa).  This type of willpower really does have an effect on the team.  It wears the defense down, but it also gives a lift to the team.  Teammates cling to that and it is contagious.  It's that little bit of scruffiness and fight that pushes a team over the line when they are having an off day.  He presses brilliantly and willfully (vital in our system).  

He drives the team forward (as his coach or president of torino, forget which one, said).  His runs stretch the defense and allow other attacking players to get in to the mix.  When he gets the ball deep, his first thought is to go straight forward.  One track mind at time it seems, and that is something I value in a striker.  He is a surprisingly good dribbler in space and when he is at speed.  It's hard to stop him once he starts going.  So when he gets it deep, he drives the whole team forward quickly and effectively.  More on other type of dribbling later on.  

He is excellent in the air. Again, it has a lot to do with his sheer determination to get to the ball first.  He knows how to position himself well for crosses (if we end up with him and sandro, it will quite the partnership).  

He is pretty good at holding play up.  He is physical and strong, and holds the ball well enough to left his teammates get there.  When he releases the ball, he is immediately making a run forward and making himself available.  He struggles getting the ball away from his feet some though.  

Areas I think he is lacking and overrated by a few: I think his overall technical quality is not near as good as many make it out to.  Yes, it is better than both lukaku and costa, but it's not top level.  In his highlight videos, it looks good, but when you watch full games or all his touches in a game, you see it is lacking.  His passes are often hit too hard, he doesn't quite have that touch.  His first touch is okay, but not excellent, theres a few times most games where it's just too heavy.  Along the same lines, he is not that good at dribbling in spaces that are tighter.  When he is at pace, he is very good though.

As I said, he is my first choice and I rate him very highly.  He does come with his flaws though.  He is decent enough technically that it does not negatively effect the overall team play as I see lukaku's doing.  He is the type that will always make a difference on the game whether he is scoring or not (another thing I think lukaku lacks).  

I agree completely with your review of the player. The thing that i love is how hard he goes after the ball while heading it, I love watching Vidal and he just absolutely throws himself at the ball with complete disregard for injury or well being. I see the same thing with Belotti and I just love that mentality, especially from a striker. In the FourFourTwo article about him the quote i love is:

“My father told me: 'If you don’t leave the pitch absolutely exhausted, it means you haven’t given it your all,'” he told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “I like to work hard.”

Every player has their shortcomings but this is a guy I want to succeed, hopefully with us!

10 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I agree completely with your review of the player. The thing that i love is how hard he goes after the ball while heading it, I love watching Vidal and he just absolutely throws himself at the ball with complete disregard for injury or well being. I see the same thing with Belotti and I just love that mentality, especially from a striker. In the FourFourTwo article about him the quote i love is:

“My father told me: 'If you don’t leave the pitch absolutely exhausted, it means you haven’t given it your all,'” he told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “I like to work hard.”

Every player has their shortcomings but this is a guy I want to succeed, hopefully with us!

The conte way...

Can't pretend I've watched him as much as the likes of Lukaku or Morata but seen a few games last year and watched a 15 minute compilation video of his season. Granted youtube can make Heskey look like Messi but I still liked what I saw, seems exactly the type of player I'd want to lead the line and his statistics look good too. Reminds me a little bit of Costa but without all the thuggish characteristics.

Only question mark is the price. Only had one breakthrough season with asking price now set for £87M and they won't budge. Massive risk, massive reward type of transfer. 

3 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

This is so comical.

We lose out on Lukaku so now a player we've been erroneously linked to is the target? And if 75M was too much to pay for a HG, premier league proven, chelsea supporter then how much is too much for a one season dynamo with a €100m release clause?

Lukaku, whether you like him or not, is a commodity that is known his flaws and strengths are well documented. Belotti has a really small sample size and the risk of him being a catastrophe is greater than Lukaku's

Still I like Belotti I just hate that we allowed Utd to pip in ahead of us regardless of who are target is. This will make negotiations so much harder now because we are desperate, Costa out the door, Lukaku off the market leaving Belotti and Morata.... lol

fun times ahead fellas

We didnt lose out on Lukaku. Either Lukaku is already Chelsea bound or Chelsea was never in for Lukaku in first place, meaning either rumours Lukaku to Chelsea or now Lukaku to United are pure bullshit. 

Watched pretty much every match of his for Palermo, which was mostly as a super sub, and then a limited amount of matches for Torino. He is an impressive player, but I do have my doubts about him, being able to do it at a bigger club. 

23 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

We didnt lose out on Lukaku. Either Lukaku is already Chelsea bound or Chelsea was never in for Lukaku in first place, meaning either rumours Lukaku to Chelsea or now Lukaku to United are pure bullshit. 

What a hot take. Are you Marina, Emenalo, or a person with similar role at Chelsea, or just talking straight out of your ass?

30 minutes ago, calculatingInfinity said:

Watched pretty much every match of his for Palermo, which was mostly as a super sub, and then a limited amount of matches for Torino. He is an impressive player, but I do have my doubts about him, being able to do it at a bigger club. 

What a hot take. Are you Marina, Emenalo, or a person with similar role at Chelsea, or just talking straight out of your ass?

I think he is referring to Lukaku saying that he knew where he was going weeks ago.  So, the idea of "losing out" now is against the idea that Lukaku knew where he was going weeks ago.

Personally, I don't know what's true during silly season.

56 minutes ago, calculatingInfinity said:

He has been very good for Italy as well, I'm confident he would be a succsess for us.

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I think he is referring to Lukaku saying that he knew where he was going weeks ago.  So, the idea of "losing out" now is against the idea that Lukaku knew where he was going weeks ago.

Personally, I don't know what's true during silly season.

The thing is this has been a specially extra silly season

3 hours ago, Jype said:

Can't pretend I've watched him as much as the likes of Lukaku or Morata but seen a few games last year and watched a 15 minute compilation video of his season. Granted youtube can make Heskey look like Messi but I still liked what I saw, seems exactly the type of player I'd want to lead the line and his statistics look good too. Reminds me a little bit of Costa but without all the thuggish characteristics.

Only question mark is the price. Only had one breakthrough season with asking price now set for £87M and they won't budge. Massive risk, massive reward type of transfer. 

I agree that £87m is absolutely ridiculous price tag for Belotti. However, Morata and Lukaku are just as expensive and they come with their own question marks too. To me Belotti seems like the ideal player for Conte system so this transfer would make a lot of sense despite his lack of experience at the top level. If it doesn't work out, I'm sure Everton or other mid-table team would be more than happy to buy him for a discount like £40-50m next summer. High risk high reward and I think it's a risk worth taking. Bottom line is that the club will have to spend around 100 million euros for a striker in the upcoming weeks regardless of who we buy. That's the state of the transfer market in 2017.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You