Middlesbrough v Chelsea

Jase

28 minutes ago, guddy6969 said:

The scouse man on talkshite just said Chelsea will not be in the top 4 because the back 3 will get found out soon... :0)

Most of that lot seem to think we will get found out with 3 at the back because Brendan did :lol:

Maybe it was more due to the fact Brendan can't coach defending to save his life.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same lineup as always for me. Dangerous trap game but I wouldn't doubt Contes ability to fire the boys up and keep them focused.

TBO

Azpi      Luiz     Cahill

Moses Kante Matic Alonso

Pedro     Costa    Hazard

Feeling confident our pressure will fluster them into a mistake to get that important early goal.

10 hours ago, akgw13 said:

Same lineup as always for me. Dangerous trap game but I wouldn't doubt Contes ability to fire the boys up and keep them focused.

TBO

Azpi      Luiz     Cahill

Moses Kante Matic Alonso

Pedro     Costa    Hazard

Feeling confident our pressure will fluster them into a mistake to get that important early goal.

while i love the fact this starting 11 is doing wonders, i can´t help but feel worried about who can come in and do the job if, god forbid some of those regulars can´t play and i don´t want Conte to over use those players and burn them out, just a tought. Cheers

I had a dream that we are losing to Sunderland. Jesus. It's not the right matchweek, sort it out brain.

But seriously how sad it will be after this magnificent form to lose points against Boro. Surely playing them after international break doesn't make it easier, given that they had two weeks of training with (almost?) the whole squad. We already lost 2 poins to Swansea, f*cking 19th place. Even Man Utd won easily there. Imagine being +2, 1st place.

Also I have something that sits on me for a while now that I just want to let out.

KANTE I LOVE YOU

Feels good. Thanks.

12 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

while i love the fact this starting 11 is doing wonders, i can´t help but feel worried about who can come in and do the job if, god forbid some of those regulars can´t play and i don´t want Conte to over use those players and burn them out, just a tought. Cheers

Im not so worried about burning them out, they only play 1 match a week so they are playing the minimum amount of games even with such a physically demanding style of play barring unforeseen injury this XI can play every game. That being said I am confident Willian/Bats can spell the front 3, Aina/Azpi can cover for the wing backs, Chalobah is our only backup to Matic/Kante which is our biggest problem (worst case scenario we can move Luiz up if we are bare bones) 

Lets not worry about what could happen down the line, lets focus on the game in front of us and hope we jump right back into form! :)

I've only seen Borough play once this season and I think I remember them scoring a couple of pretty flukey goals. Not really sure what sort of footballing side they are. Do they defend deep (park the bus) and try to counter attack or are they one of those small teams like Bournemouth who actually try to play attacking football?

I'm hoping it's the former coming off an international break where half of our players may be fatigued. Those small sides that sit deep just make it easy on our defense and this 3-4-3. Think we'll win easily if they don't press us high and try to out-hustle us.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

I've only seen Borough play once this season and I think I remember them scoring a couple of pretty flukey goals. Not really sure what sort of footballing side they are. Do they defend deep (park the bus) and try to counter attack or are they one of those small teams like Bournemouth who actually try to play attacking football?

I'm hoping it's the former coming off an international break where half of our players may be fatigued. Those small sides that sit deep just make it easy on our defense and this 3-4-3. Think we'll win easily if they don't press us high and try to out-hustle us.

Against City and Arsenal they played on the counter and when attacked just got everyone back and were very organised. I think we will have too much for them, the pace of Hazard and Pedro will give Barragan and Friend a real problem. Ben Gibson has been in good form for them at CB but a flying Costa will see to him. De Roon, Forshaw and especially Gaston Ramirez have hit a patch of form, all working hard in the middle but they are going to need too against Kante and Matic.

I expect them to be looking for Negredo in the air a lot and trying to get Adama Traore in behind as he is lighting quick.

3-1 Chelsea for me.

-----------Courtois------------

---Azpi----Luiz---Cahill---

Vic-Kante-Matic-Alonso

Pedro-Batsman-Hazard

Need to start Batshuayi IMO, Costa isn't 100% and is also a yellow away from suspension so it might be best to bring him off the bench if we're in trouble. I don't think Michy would ruin our chemistry anyway.

7 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Must win. Should be decided before half-time.

Also, PLAY BATSHUAYI. That guy needs to make some minutes for Christ sake. Rest Diego for Spurs. 

If Diego is fit, resting him would be insanity. That's the kind of thing Rafa use to do at Liverpool, rest some of the big boys for 'bigger' tests to come and they ended up dropping points, it cost him the title in 2009. He actually did the same for us on occasion, Hazard and Mata rested for the visit of winless QPR, we all know what happened next.

There is no reason to change this current team that are currently smashing all before them and it should remain the same until fitness or form dictates otherwise.

Just now, Tomo said:

If Diego is fit, resting him would be insanity. That's the kind of thing Rafa use to do at Liverpool, rest some of the big boys for 'bigger' tests to come and they ended up dropping points, it cost him the title in 2009. He actually did the same for us on occasion, Hazard and Mata rested for the visit of winless QPR, we all know what happened next.

There is no reason to change this current team that are currently smashing all before them and it should remain the same until fitness or form dictates otherwise.

Fair point. Hope the match is quickly decided in our favour then so Diego gets some rest and Bats can make some minutes.