• Chalobah (sub)
    • Ivanovic (sub)
    • Oscar (sub)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys can you hear that.

I can hear it here, all the way here in Howick in East Auckland in New Zealand.

Jose Mourinho's tears and crying and sitting on his Hotel Bed in a Manchester Hotel and saying you Chelsea player traitors and you got me fired.

Re: Premier League fixtures 19th/20th/21st November
« Reply #791 on: Today at 06:03:47 PM »

Six, but I bet they'll let in goals in their next two.

I agree.

City and the Spuds have players who can score goals unlike useless 'boro today.

What Chelsea should be 'worried' about is that they only scored 1 scruffy goal (although, tbf, there was a wonder save and a cracker off the top bar in the mix as well)

19 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Oh my god, so much new white hair. But after the international break I take any, any sort of a win.

When Costa made that faul in the stoppage time, my heart almost stopped and saw him suspended against Spurs :D

WEll, I'm sure Spurs players will try to rile him up the best they can. I hope he doesn't get the yellow against them because we also need him against City

It was a nice match imo. Yeah, the wasted chances were getting on my nerves - because you never know when someone is going to score a lucky goal like Giroud yesterday, but I think we controlled them well.

They had just one shot on target if I'm not mistaken, and in those six matches that was the 9th shot on goal we allowed. It's not only about clean sheets, but how we aren't threatened.

The defense is the zone I think looked the less sharp, even when the team improved, their passing, positioning in a few times wasn't compared to other days... and that's they I gave Luiz the MOTM vote. He was flawless, there wasn't a header he didn't miss, he had some nice interceptions and that through ball to Costa when Pedro hit the bar just put him above everyone else imo.

The one time he wasn't on Negrero, Cahill allowed him to shoot (although it was a weird almost deflected ball).

Important win. We did however see more of our weaknesses today. 
While Pedro was unlucky to not score twice today, he was invisible otherwise. Matic and Kante were somewhat solid in the middle, but offered almost nothing going forward. Hazard and Costa looked tired, and did not have a lot of good link-ups. 

Our success is extremely reliant on having all our key players available. I think we need to buy 1-2 players in January, but we still need to buy a few starting players next summer. 

I also think that while Costa is in great form, he is a finisher. He relies on others creating either space, or opportunities, for him (not to say he never creates something out of nothing). Hazard is the only player really capable of making plays happen, and if he is out of form/injured our offensive suffers. It is imperative for our future success that the right flank gets someone who can do more than run quickly and/or make short passes back and forth while running a lot. We are simply not going to get a lot of chances created by Pedro, Matic, Kante, Oscar or Willian. Their strengths lie elsewhere.  

5 minutes ago, Captain Ahmed said:

Doubters?I 'm still digging  holes to find them

Haha! Nice! He's clearly got a manager who has instilled a lot of confidence into him, Conte is working wonders with David to get him to reach his potential. Alongside what he's done for Victor Moses, incredible stuff.