Corentin Tolisso

Captain Ahmed

10 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

what is it about him you like? look average to me

I think he is a more appropriate partner for kante than Bakayoko, he has more vision going forward and is a threat from outside the box shooting. He can pick a pass and control our midfield all while being a bigger physical presence. Has the perfect person to learn from with Fabregas. He is just a really well rounded skillful player with a good physical profile. Conte will be able to work with him and help improve. I love bakayoko but if i had a choice of who to pair next to Kante I would take this guy. I believe they could work in a midfield 3 if we went to a 352 but if i could have only one it would be Tolisso

A good link to read/watch what he brings: http://statsbomb.com/2017/01/identifying-ligue-1s-next-big-breakout-talents-1-tolisso/

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I think he is a more appropriate partner for kante than Bakayoko, he has more vision going forward and is a threat from outside the box shooting. He can pick a pass and control our midfield all while being a bigger physical presence. Has the perfect person to learn from with Fabregas. He is just a really well rounded skillful player with a good physical profile. Conte will be able to work with him and help improve. I love bakayoko but if i had a choice of who to pair next to Kante I would take this guy. I believe they could work in a midfield 3 if we went to a 352 but if i could have only one it would be Tolisso

I'm not sure if I agree with that, in our system we need the workhorses in the middle of the pitch. I think the creativity needs to come from wide areas the wingers and wingbacks. I think our CM's need to be able to cover ground, win back possession and plug holes. 

1 minute ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I'm not sure if I agree with that, in our system we need the workhorses in the middle of the pitch. I think the creativity needs to come from wide areas the wingers and wingbacks. I think our CM's need to be able to cover ground, win back possession and plug holes. 

I agree but having someone who can do both is obviously a dream scenario. I think this guy has the potential to be a workhorse with some nice skill, i asked David Amoyal a Dimarzio writer about him and he said he was a "Mini Vidal" admittedly he is a very big fan of Tolisso but I think he has the work rate and physicality to hold up in our center mid next to Kante while providing positive passes forward and a dash of creativity

2 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I agree but having someone who can do both is obviously a dream scenario. I think this guy has the potential to be a workhorse with some nice skill, i asked David Amoyal a Dimarzio writer about him and he said he was a "Mini Vidal" admittedly he is a very big fan of Tolisso but I think he has the work rate and physicality to hold up in our center mid next to Kante while providing positive passes forward and a dash of creativity

Maybe I have the wrong impression of him, I thought he was more of a metronome type... Like Modric or Fab. If he is indeed more Vidal-like that would be awesome.

Just now, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Maybe I have the wrong impression of him, I thought he was more of a metronome type... Like Modric or Fab. If he is indeed more Vidal-like that would be awesome.

I think from everything ive read and seen is he is in the middle of the two types which is why I mentioned his all around ability. He can sort of be molded to whatever you see fit, his versatility is important (as quoted in the link) That scouting report shows how he has grown going forward but also mentions he can be a doberman in a 3 man midfield or excel in his current role as a double pivot. I think he is an extremely talented young player who would be a really good signing. Ideally we would be able to sign Bakayoko AND Tolisso but we will see what the clubs does. Either way i am encouraged to be linked with either prospect, they are talented, young, physical, and have some skills we currently do not posses 

This season he wasnt mini - Vidal at all.

He played more advanced, improved his offense alot. But he abandoned his defensive duties quite a bit. Last season he always put great shift defensively, but its quite opposite this season since his role is to create more.

15 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

This season he wasnt mini - Vidal at all.

He played more advanced, improved his offense alot. But he abandoned his defensive duties quite a bit. Last season he always put great shift defensively, but its quite opposite this season since his role is to create more.

I was just quoting what someone who is more invested in the football world than I mentioned. That was the role he was asked to play, I think he has the ability to do an all around job here for us. He is an exciting prospect in my eyes

19 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I was just quoting what someone who is more invested in the football world than I mentioned. That was the role he was asked to play, I think he has the ability to do an all around job here for us. He is an exciting prospect in my eyes

I absolutely agree. I just pointed out he played different role this year, but under Conte, he could mix the best of both; defending and attacking.

1 hour ago, milka said:

BREAKING: Chelsea have made a €35million bid for Lyon midfielder Corentin Tolisso. [@PipeSierraR]

:delight:

Sorry for asking but is this guy reliable? Hope we get Tolisso, nice to see some good news after that Lukaku thing.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You