Corentin Tolisso

Captain Ahmed

Agree, very good player and a better option than Bakayoko. Be nice if Cesc would be kept, too, especially if Conte wants to play a three man midfield at times. Kante-Cesc-Tolisso would offer a nice platform of both work rate and ability on the ball with Tolisso and Cesc two very good passers of the ball. Our midfield would no more be under constant pressure when facing teams with a decent set of midfielders.

Would also love if we could enquire about Lacazette, too, while we're at it. Especially now with Atletico banned from making any signings. Lacazette looked Atletico bound prior to today. Also Diego Costa looks as he's staying now, our best centre forward w/o a shadow of a doubt, but would be very risky to go into next season with one proven centre forward only. He needs solid competition and also a 3-5-2 (again, if Conte plans to use it from time to time) looks damn good with a pairing of Lacazette and Diego Costa. 

Heard Lyon are looking into getting Zouma and Bertrand Traore. This would make for an easier business when dealing with Lyon. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, El P. said:

Why should we?

Kante, Tolisso, Matić, Fabregas and Chalobah. No more CMs needed.

I think Matic is going to be sold, and with a far busier schedule it is integral to have depth and competition. plus being able to switch from a 352 and 343 is important for Conte. Kante, Tolisso, Bakayoko, Chalobah, and Fabregas give us a wealth of options. I also hope Lew Baker can come back and establish himself as a creative midfielder in the fabregas mold for us.

12 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

If we sell Matic and Bakayoko and Tolisso are signed, Kante's spot in the 11 is under threat quite a bit. Tolisso - Bakayoko might even be a better fit in the 343 system. 

Bold claim, not one i entirely agree with cause Kante has been immense but these are the type of signing we should be targeting! we need competition for every spot! Competition breeds success.

10 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

If we sell Matic and Bakayoko and Tolisso are signed, Kante's spot in the 11 is under threat quite a bit. 

It will not be If we play 3-5-2 formation conte is tactician genius don't be surprised if Conte changes are formation in the summer 

I think Baker should come in to replace Loftus-Cheek tbh. Lewis Baker is a very good player, and I think Conte could really improve his game even more. If we buy this guy, keep Matic, we'll have Kante and Chalobah too, oh and Fabregas. I think that's enough strength in depth. We will see what happens though, but Conte seems to want a CM. 

8 minutes ago, It's too big said:

I think Baker should come in to replace Loftus-Cheek tbh. Lewis Baker is a very good player, and I think Conte could really improve his game even more. If we buy this guy, keep Matic, we'll have Kante and Chalobah too, oh and Fabregas. I think that's enough strength in depth. We will see what happens though, but Conte seems to want a CM. 

I have high hopes for Baker in the fabregas creator role, he can ping them in from distance as well. I think the writing is on the wall with Matic and if competition comes in he won't be a trooper the way Fabregas was. Ideally for me its Kante/Bakayoko/Tolisso/Chalobah in the B2B roles and Fabregas/Lew Baker for the creator Mid roles

I took some time, to watch a few match highlights of this Tolisso guy. 

He seems to be a very tidy player. like a box-to-box mikel. Not very physical. neither big, nor fast to strong, but with decent aerial ability for someone so small. He is a very technical, a decent playmaker, intelligent passing even though he could work on his precision. Upgrade on Matic for everything except height. Also he does not seem like a particularly avid tackler. I am a bit worried over his size and physicality. We already got one tiny player in the middle in Kante. I am a fan of having at least one big man in midfield to not get physically dominated like we did by Wanyama, Dembele and even Xhaka this season. Someone who has the physicality, the intelligen, the skill, can provide goals and assists. Like a prime Ballack, Vieira or Lampard that would be perfect. I always hoped RLC could be that player but he probably will never be

1 minute ago, the wes said:

I can see this forum going into melted down if we don't sign Tolisso 

I actually don't. He is competent but nothing too special. There are enough options of his quality out there. I am confident Antonio and the board will pick the right one. 

2 hours ago, the wes said:

It will not be If we play 3-5-2 formation conte is tactician genius don't be surprised if Conte changes are formation in the summer 

Juve-3-5-2.jpg

Agree m8 can see Conte tinkering formation with some better personnel.Chelsea 2016 squad against this team over 2 legs how we do?

13 minutes ago, mccg said:

Juve-3-5-2.jpg

Agree m8 can see Conte tinkering formation with some better personnel.Chelsea 2016 squad against this team over 2 legs how we do?

That formation suited Juve but not our current team :) Our best player is winger and I don't think it's the smartest move to force him play out of position ... Juventus were really powerful in midfielder so they had to put 3 midfielders in their starting eleven, on the other side they didn't have any proper quality winger :) 

According to Italian site Mondo-Inter.it, the French star is ready to turn down the advances of Inter Milan in favour of a club with Champions League football, meaning a Tolisso deal with Chelsea could be very much on the cards in the coming weeks

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Tolisso-Lyon-Chelsea-Stats-768x478.png

Contrary to what people thought, seems Bakayoko is very underrated in terms of using the ball. The video posted on his thread opened my eyes to how similar he is to Yaya Toure when running with the ball.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You