Corentin Tolisso

Captain Ahmed

Well, 10 years ago players like Tolisso would choose Chelsea without thinking twice and would probably warm the bench. Damn I miss years when we were strong enough to buy whoever we needed. Not only because of money but because of the project. Everybody wanted to play at the same team with Cech, A.Cole, Terry, Ricky Carvalho, Gallas, Lampard, Ballack, Makelele, Drogba, Robben....Essien, Anelka, Duff, Sheva, Ivanovic, Juliano Belleti, Alex, Malouda, Joe Cole... Top club at the time. God bless Peter Kenyon (shame he's not our CEO anymore) and of course Roman Abramovich. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Were we even after this guy at all? I don't think so.

17 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

Well, 10 years ago players like Tolisso would choose Chelsea without thinking twice and would probably warm the bench.

he said players like Tolisso not necessarily Tolliso :)

46 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

Well, 10 years ago players like Tolisso would choose Chelsea without thinking twice and would probably warm the bench. Damn I miss years when we were strong enough to buy whoever we needed. Not only because of money but because of the project. Everybody wanted to play at the same team with Cech, A.Cole, Terry, Ricky Carvalho, Gallas, Lampard, Ballack, Makelele, Drogba, Robben....Essien, Anelka, Duff, Sheva, Ivanovic, Juliano Belleti, Alex, Malouda, Joe Cole... Top club at the time. God bless Peter Kenyon (shame he's not our CEO anymore) and of course Roman Abramovich. 

Sure that midfield we had 10 years ago would have kept anyone we are linked with or have atm on the bench. But football has changed. Midfielders are not as much allrounders as essien, lamps or ballack were but rather have more tactical responsiblity, have to read the game more, cover more ground and make the team tick rather than deciding games themselves. Wingers and fullbacks/wingsbacks on the other hand score and create more, participate more in the game. Also cbs are now more important to build up play. Probably because of the shortage of such incredible all-rounder midifielders, some responsibility has been shifted off them onto the players around. 

58 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

Fantasy. A nice one, but a fantasy all the same. We always missed out on plenty of players.

With 41m euros price, he is the most expensive player Bayern ever bought.

Its amazing how they keep at the top of europe with paying so "little" in times when Stones costs 50m. 

On another note, if we prefer Bakayoko, Im all for it, but if we were just outbid by Bayern, thats a massive failure for us. Ligue 1 players loved to play for Chelsea for over past 10 years now. We could never compete for the very best players, but if we lose battles for promising players like from french league, then we are doing something wrong.

Ancelotti wanted Tolisso very badly from what i hear, i think he will be a huge hit for Bayern. It is also quite clear that Bakayoko was preferred by Chelsea. Interesting to see who made the better decision in a couple of years Conte or Ancelotti. 

9 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Its amazing how they keep at the top of europe with paying so "little" in times when Stones costs 50m. 

On another note, if we prefer Bakayoko, Im all for it, but if we were just outbid by Bayern, thats a massive failure for us. Ligue 1 players loved to play for Chelsea for over past 10 years now. We could never compete for the very best players, but if we lose battles for promising players like from french league, then we are doing something wrong.

It seems we are doing things wrong. 

We are not learning from the past few seasons and continue to drag our feet. 

Don't think Conte will take too much of this for any longer. 

24 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Where was it written that we had officially put a bid in for him?

19 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Where was it written that we had officially put a bid in for him?

For Tolisso?

Nowhere, thats why I said if we prefered Bakayoko from begining, its fine. 

Just now, RoyalBlues said:

No Zouma and Traore loan deal with Lyon then. They can f*** off.

that is not how you do business, Bakayoko was always linked to be our first choice and he fits how Conte seemingly wants to play. Tolisso has no affect on doing other business with Lyon.  

3 hours ago, bluephoenix said:

he said players like Tolisso not necessarily Tolliso :)

I understand that but how could Tolisso joined us if we didnt want him? 

I think if we were serious about this we could have challanged Bayern.

35 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

that is not how you do business, Bakayoko was always linked to be our first choice and he fits how Conte seemingly wants to play. Tolisso has no affect on doing other business with Lyon.  

Out of Tolisso context, it is very normal to have no business with a side that will not give you what you want in exchange. Back to Tolisso context, it seems the rumour is false in the first place though, so the loan rumour might as well false.

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

I understand that but how could Tolisso joined us if we didnt want him? 

I think if we were serious about this we could have challanged Bayern.

I think there was some interest from us but we weren't too serious?

for the price that Bayern got him I think it was a bad miss for us given that our options for strikers in the market isn't all too great. Tolisso would have made a great addition ( assuming the Lukaku is coming to Chelsea) If not we are seriously in trouble with Costa hitting the exit doors and we don't have a reliable striker.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You