Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Pizy said:

Keita will cost them mega money as well, right? Don't know the exact fee.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Okay Pizy, I heard you the first time...

Very good defender but it's crystal clear Coutinhos on the move. No way are Liverpool a club to spend 123M on two players (Keita & Van Dijk) w/o getting anything in return. 

Think Coutinho leaving will have a much bigger (negative) impact than the arrival of Van Dijk. Yes he will probably improve that defence, but Coutinho is the X factor in that team.

when i look in his eyes, i dont see a warrior.. i see a skittish deer, which has had some brutish performances, but perhaps due to being caught in headlights, evoking adrenaline.
in consistent day to day combat, he lacks the deadly focus of the river salmon. 

Ignoring the insane prices for a second, there is no doubt that Keita and VVD lift that team up massively. They already have arguably the best attack in the league and with the additions of Keita and VVD, their mid and defense also gets a significant boost. Still too many holes in that team to challenge city though.

We are pathetic that's the truth. Excluding Van Dijk who is no way near worth 75 mil. A club with half our revenue spunks such money while our worries are to end on a plus each season, disgusting stuff.

We'll struggle to make the top4 next season if the board don't wake up. Top LWB, CM, RW, RWB are an absolute must. Get two of them next month and the other two in the summer.

Oops this was Virgil's thread. Well good for Liverpool, they are building a very strong squad and VvD is exactly what they need at the moment

He is not remotedly worth that much and he probably know that himself. Imo he is not even half a level above any of our cbs. He will improve pool because they are shit at the back but a single defender does not make a defense great. A good defence coach does. Which klopp is not.

If our defence turns out to what is expected, I dont mind him at pool. Better there than city for sure.

But if we get problems in defence, we just missed on quality solution.

Either way not sure what people are about. Yes the fee is absolutely ridiculous, but he is fantastic CB. 

Fucking stupid amount exacerbated by TV revenue entering the game, and Southampton sniffing their desperation. They need a keeper too and will have to pay Desperation Tax on that deal too.

Makes me realise we dodged a bullet with Stones and Christiansen is actually better

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You