Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/27/liverpool-agree-world-record-75m-deal-virgil-van-dijk/

Liverpool have apparently agreed 75m (SEVENTY-FIVE!) deal for Van Dijk.

This is absolute lunacy. A CB for 15m more than we payed for our star striker! Utter, utter madness.

The days of Liverpool fans being able to have their victim complex about the other big clubs spending silly money are now long gone between this deal and Keita. 

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing that's a bit annoying is that even a club like Liverpool who have been notoriously tight with fees are now willing to spend more than we are on their top targets. I cannot picture us spending £75m on a single player, even a world class attacking one. ☹️

4 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Rudiger is looking like a steal. Christensen was free. Ampadu coming through who is another freebie. At least we are getting the defensive options right. 

Be carefull.... we will probably sell Christensen and Ampadu to a German team, only for City and United to buy them back in a few years.

2 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Rudiger is looking like a steal. Christensen was free. Ampadu coming through who is another freebie. At least we are getting the defensive options right. 

Also worth remembering that Azpi only cost 7 million. To think that we almost got Van der Wiel over him. :lol:

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Only thing that's a bit annoying is that even a club like Liverpool who have been notoriously tight with fees are now willing to spend more than we are on their top targets. I cannot picture us spending £75m on a single player, even a world class attacking one. ☹️

To be fair, we've spent 50m+ on two players in 6 years. This is the first time Liverpool went over 50m for a player?

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Nahhhhh we'd be linked with them right till near the end where the club goes LOL and signs some randomer instead and they go elsewhere. Even though that randomer turns out to be poor and shouldve saved money 

Honestly not sure what to make of him and now it’s confirmed that he’s going to Liverpool for 75m... he was vastly overrated before but now, with that fee... jesus, it’s a lot of pressure because if Liverpool’s backline doesn’t instantly improve then he will be given as much criticism as the rest of their CBs. Saying that I liked the look of Lovren in France and for Southampton but look how hes turned out for Liverpool. I think this could be a similar if he has a bad start. For 75m I wouldn’t have gone near him though, far too much but they are desperate so Southampton were always going to get a record fee.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

To be fair, we've spent 50m+ on two players in 6 years. This is the first time Liverpool went over 50m for a player?

Keita will cost them mega money as well, right? Don't know the exact fee.

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Honestly not sure what to make of him and now it’s confirmed that he’s going to Liverpool for 75m... he was vastly overrated before but now, with that fee... jesus, it’s a lot of pressure because if Liverpool’s backline doesn’t instantly improve then he will be given as much criticism as the rest of their CBs. Saying that I liked the look of Lovren in France and for Southampton but look how hes turned out for Liverpool. I think this could be a similar if he has a bad start. For 75m I wouldn’t have gone near him though, far too much but they are desperate so Southampton were always going to get a record fee.

Someone has to question Klopp TBH. Is Van Dijk really that good? Is there no one else who's got similar abilities and perhaps even better than Van Dijk that will cost far less than 75 million?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You