Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2

1 minute ago, nathangeorge99 said:

Should try and make this deal happen. We are so short of natural centre-backs anywhere near his quality, an he could play in UCL next month, just about to come up to peak age, ideal in my eyes

It would be nothing short of idiotic if the club went for another high-price CB when we are stocked there.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, manpe said:

It would be nothing short of idiotic if the club went for another high-price CB when we are stocked there.

Especially when the team is desperately crying for goal scoring winger...someone like Nabil Fekir...and left wing back plus the fact that he is overrated....

7 minutes ago, manpe said:

Stocked in terms of quantity, yes, but true quality bar Christensen? (In terms of natural CB's) If we wanna be true UCL contenders for the remainder of this season, and PL and UCL next, we need outstanding quality. Van Dijk is better than anything we have, even Luiz (on the basis of this season's displays). Rudgier hasn't made an outstanding impact yet, Cahill can only go one way now, and Luiz has shown elements of his old self this year. I get the risk behind doing it because of the money, and the amount of CB's we already have, but I still think for van Dijk, the pros outweigh the cons.

9 minutes ago, nathangeorge99 said:

Stocked in terms of quantity, yes, but true quality bar Christensen? (In terms of natural CB's) Iwe wanna be true UCL contenders for the remainder of this season, and PL and UCL next, we need outstanding quality. Van Dijk is better than anything we have, even Luiz (on the basis of this season's displays). Rudgier hasn't made an outstanding impact yet, Cahill can only go one way now, and Luiz has shown elements of his old self this year. I get the risk behind doing it because of the money, and the amount of CB's we already have, but I still think for van Dijk, the pros outweigh the cons.

Paying insane money for one CB means we won't be able to get Sandro or any other quality WB for that matter. We have a higher chance of competing in the UCL if we have more depth and quality in wing-backs. Getting a proper LB would also allow us to play 4 at the back, which gives more tactical flexibility = more options to counter your UCL opponents.

13 minutes ago, manpe said:

Paying insane money for one CB means we won't be able to get Sandro or any other quality WB for that matter. We have a higher chance of competing in the UCL if we have more depth and quality in wing-backs. Getting a proper LB would also allow us to play 4 at the back, which gives more tactical flexibility = more options to counter your UCL opponents.

I do get that, and LWB has to be the priority. It is harder to get two expensive players in different positions, like van Dijk and Sandro. Maybe next summer the club should prioritise 4 expensive players, like van Dijk, Sandro, Verratti and Dybala (not saying we'd get them, but players of that ilk), and try and sell players like Luiz, Bakayoko (If patience runs out), and Cahill, to generate decent revenue from transfers out

Acquiring VanDijk and shipping out Luiz keeps with our transfer policy. It will in no way,shape or form impact on our ability to get a LB.

53 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Acquiring VanDijk and shipping out Luiz keeps with our transfer policy. It will in no way,shape or form impact on our ability to get a LB.

Ah yes, in this case I would understand the move. I thought we were talking about adding.

2 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Who else should be in for him?

Say Milan (before they signed Bonucci)? Juventus (after selling Bonucci)? Even with the shitty side of the rumours, I don't recall many top clubs were linked with him.

I think if he did come here, he'd be our best CB (bar Azpi, but he isn't exactly a natural CB). 

Saying that though, we are well organised at the back IMO, and really don't concede a whole lot, even given our deficiencies on the left side. We should rather spend some money upgrading Willian, Pedro and Fabregas. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You