test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dkim2

Virgil Van Dijk

Started by dkim2,

742 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Only thing that's a bit annoying is that even a club like Liverpool who have been notoriously tight with fees are now willing to spend more than we are on their top targets. I cannot picture us spending £75m on a single player, even a world class attacking one. ☹️

Nahhhhh we'd be linked with them right till near the end where the club goes LOL and signs some randomer instead and they go elsewhere. Even though that randomer turns out to be poor and shouldve saved money 

Honestly not sure what to make of him and now it’s confirmed that he’s going to Liverpool for 75m... he was vastly overrated before but now, with that fee... jesus, it’s a lot of pressure because if Liverpool’s backline doesn’t instantly improve then he will be given as much criticism as the rest of their CBs. Saying that I liked the look of Lovren in France and for Southampton but look how hes turned out for Liverpool. I think this could be a similar if he has a bad start. For 75m I wouldn’t have gone near him though, far too much but they are desperate so Southampton were always going to get a record fee.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

To be fair, we've spent 50m+ on two players in 6 years. This is the first time Liverpool went over 50m for a player?

Keita will cost them mega money as well, right? Don't know the exact fee.

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Honestly not sure what to make of him and now it’s confirmed that he’s going to Liverpool for 75m... he was vastly overrated before but now, with that fee... jesus, it’s a lot of pressure because if Liverpool’s backline doesn’t instantly improve then he will be given as much criticism as the rest of their CBs. Saying that I liked the look of Lovren in France and for Southampton but look how hes turned out for Liverpool. I think this could be a similar if he has a bad start. For 75m I wouldn’t have gone near him though, far too much but they are desperate so Southampton were always going to get a record fee.

Someone has to question Klopp TBH. Is Van Dijk really that good? Is there no one else who's got similar abilities and perhaps even better than Van Dijk that will cost far less than 75 million?

OneMoSalah likes this

Just now, Pizy said:

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Okay Pizy, I heard you the first time...

Stats, Pizy and Unionjack like this

Very good defender but it's crystal clear Coutinhos on the move. No way are Liverpool a club to spend 123M on two players (Keita & Van Dijk) w/o getting anything in return. 

Think Coutinho leaving will have a much bigger (negative) impact than the arrival of Van Dijk. Yes he will probably improve that defence, but Coutinho is the X factor in that team.

the wes, DDA and Blue-in-me-Veins like this

when i look in his eyes, i dont see a warrior.. i see a skittish deer, which has had some brutish performances, but perhaps due to being caught in headlights, evoking adrenaline.
in consistent day to day combat, he lacks the deadly focus of the river salmon. 

Ignoring the insane prices for a second, there is no doubt that Keita and VVD lift that team up massively. They already have arguably the best attack in the league and with the additions of Keita and VVD, their mid and defense also gets a significant boost. Still too many holes in that team to challenge city though.

We are pathetic that's the truth. Excluding Van Dijk who is no way near worth 75 mil. A club with half our revenue spunks such money while our worries are to end on a plus each season, disgusting stuff.

We'll struggle to make the top4 next season if the board don't wake up. Top LWB, CM, RW, RWB are an absolute must. Get two of them next month and the other two in the summer.

Oops this was Virgil's thread. Well good for Liverpool, they are building a very strong squad and VvD is exactly what they need at the moment

Its a bit of a sod that a club like the dippers can get in a player they know they need yet we just watch.

I bloody hope someone takes their thumb out of their arse and earns their wages.

That's the problem we seem to jump into action near the end when it's to late. Or do the it's fine we're happy with squad talk. Hopefully this window ain't wasted otherwise long 

Liverpool's next match is against Leicester and Man city is also coming up. I guess Virgil won't be a Virgin anymore because these teams will fuck him 

He is not remotedly worth that much and he probably know that himself. Imo he is not even half a level above any of our cbs. He will improve pool because they are shit at the back but a single defender does not make a defense great. A good defence coach does. Which klopp is not.

pHaRaOn, Robguima and Amblève. like this

No idea how Southampton managed to get £75m for him. Got to laugh at the fact City were seriously after him as well.

If our defence turns out to what is expected, I dont mind him at pool. Better there than city for sure.

But if we get problems in defence, we just missed on quality solution.

Either way not sure what people are about. Yes the fee is absolutely ridiculous, but he is fantastic CB. 

Strike likes this