Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2

On 8/8/2017 at 3:40 PM, BlueLyon said:

No sense in spending that much on CB when we need wingbacks and midfielder. 

I dont understand why we dont put these 60m that are supposed for Vdv plus whatever we would be giving for Drinkwater in a bid for someone like Kovacic. Quality young midfielder who would improve our 11 greatly. Just imagine Kante-Bakayoko-Kovacic midfield. 

And for our attackers, we could add Lanzini who is quality. 

But instead we are lurking around ok players and players where we are already quite filled.

Don't forget the "Sandro money".  

Surely, any other LWB that we go for won't be as expensive.  VVD + Sandro = 120ish M?  Even in today's ridiculous market, that's a pretty good LWB + RWB + CM

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go all out for him. need to make a statement. First i was of the opinion that we would not need him but tbf with how disjointed our defence looked today after cahill was off, we need one. and obviously once we have one defender and one of our 3 midfielders out, we have to tinker around and another injury or suspension and we are stripped to the bone in this position. also he is probably an upgrade on quality on any of our defenders.

4 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Chelsea are considering a bid for central defender Virgil van Dijk, who has asked to leave Southampton. #CFC (Telegraph)

Pff...if I was to believe media, the amount of time we spent considering to buy Van Dijk, we could've developed a clone from his genes, made him grow faster and surpas his original...I am perfectly satisfied with Zouma and Christensen now, dump that money on a midfielder and winger.

18 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

go all out for him. need to make a statement. First i was of the opinion that we would not need him but tbf with how disjointed our defence looked today after cahill was off, we need one. and obviously once we have one defender and one of our 3 midfielders out, we have to tinker around and another injury or suspension and we are stripped to the bone in this position. also he is probably an upgrade on quality on any of our defenders.

What kind of message though ? That Chelsa Football Club will be the first club to field ten defenders in their starting eleven ? We have already fielded five yesterday, buying a sixieth one is indeed the right way to go f it is our truly our aim...

I dont get this if this goes through ... We got Rudiger (why? thats another debate), we have still have Azpi, Christensen is back, Zouma on loan, Cahill (who is not going to get abandon) and Luiz. I understand the need to keep strengthening so why didnt we move for Van Dirk before Rudiger and close it out. Yes he is very good but then we have worry else where which needs to be closed not CBs currently.

Not sure whats wrong with the board? 

33 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

I dont get this if this goes through ... We got Rudiger (why? thats another debate), we have still have Azpi, Christensen is back, Zouma on loan, Cahill (who is not going to get abandon) and Luiz. I understand the need to keep strengthening so why didnt we move for Van Dirk before Rudiger and close it out. Yes he is very good but then we have worry else where which needs to be closed not CBs currently.

Not sure whats wrong with the board? 

Well Cahill played his last match in a blue shirt yesterday so we need to replace him hopefully.

I didn't think we needed him but I will be thrilled if we get him. Having VVD as an alternative to Cahill will be immense. Rudiger looked really good for me as did Christensen which was encouraging. Keeps him from Liverpool and strengthens us further. 

Would be a luxury signing in our current state, can we afford one? For this money you can buy a much better midfielder than Drinkwater, or a much better wing-back than Alonso. Somebody will get sacrificed if this happens. Christensen sold or loaned in January would be my guess then. We also have Zouma on loan. However, getting in Oxlade and Drinkwater would allow us to sacrifice Cahill instead - in this case I can't see a downside, upgrades all around.

I've been all for bringing him in to immedietly take Cahill's spot in the XI, but after seeing Cristensen perform so well at the weekend it would probably limit his minutes going forward significantly. He himself looks better than Cahill. 

I think we're well enough stocked at CB currently. Use the money on midfield and wing backs.

EXCLUSIVE: Southampton tell Chelsea to break the world-record fee for a defender to sign Virgil van Dijk💰#CFC

Virgil van Dijk and Liverpool will NOT bully Southampton into selling the defender to the Merseysiders, a club source has revealed.

And, we understand, the centre-back will more likely be sold to Chelsea or Manchester City – for a world record fee for a defender.

Yahoo Sport have been told that an offer in excess of £70m may tempt Southampton to complete a deal with Chelsea

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/southampton-tell-chelsea-van-dijk-will-cost-world-record-fee-143720023.html

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You