Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2

9 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

True lol...their team on other hand would look pretty decent with him and if they keep others. 

I can see pool in top4 if they bring quality cb which vdv is. 

Pl this year will be exciting, hopefuly we bring some reinforcements before sept 1st or it will be risky like last season.

Coutinho will be big loss for them

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, the wes said:

Southampton are hoping to sign Ben Gibson in a £30m deal, according to The Sun. If this rumour true he could be VVD replacement 

£30M for Ben Gibson, football has finally gone mad. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

That's how it is now, feel sorry for the small clubs trying to buy players that 2 seasons ago would of been £10M and are now going for 20-25M

Exactly and that's why Van Dijk is going for £60-70M when he gets sold. Smaller clubs just can't get decent replacements at reasonable prices, unless they take a gamble on an unknown youngster or get lucky with the incoming player's contract situation but most PL players cost a fortune these days. Domestic transfers between PL clubs have been crazy this summer with players like Michael Keane and Ben Gibson moving for tens of millions and Swansea fleecing £50M for Sigurdsson.

I can see transfers inside the PL becoming even more rare because there's just no value anymore, much better options for cheaper prices around the continent. This, in turn will raise the prices of homegrown English players even further so it's a big problem. 

10 minutes ago, Jype said:

£30M for Ben Gibson, football has finally gone mad. :lol:

I'm reading that it'll probably take over £30m for Drinkwater. Just think about that for a minute...😨

Just now, Pizy said:

I'm reading that it'll probably take over £30m for Drinkwater. Just think about that for a minute...😨

Yeah, that's right up there with a seriously inflated price too but honestly I don't see many better options out there because Chelsea need homegrown players to fill up the numbers. At the moment there are just three HG players at the club (Cahill, Cesc, Moses) and the remaining non-HG places are better filled with higher priority signings than a backup CM.

Drinkwater is not a bad option for a squad player but he's not a £30M+ player either, it's a dilemma. 

10 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I still do not believe we are gonna spend that much on a CB when we are set in that position already. I bet he will go to City. 

Unless Christensen is yet to go and Azpi and Rüdiger are supposed to cover the wings...

1 hour ago, Artandur said:

Unless Christensen is yet to go and Azpi and Rüdiger are supposed to cover the wings...

Christensen's dad has confirmed that Conte told him andreas is in his plans. Rüdiger and Azpi can both cover the wings and are decent options but i am pretty sure Conte knows that their best position is CB. 

40 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Christensen's dad has confirmed that Conte told him andreas is in his plans. Rüdiger and Azpi can both cover the wings and are decent options but i am pretty sure Conte knows that their best position is CB. 

He's gonna be Ake

Southampton have told Virgil van Dijk and his representatives that they are still determined to block his dream move to Liverpool, Yahoo Sport have been told.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/liverpool-move-van-dijk-blocked-furious-southampton-133115456.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

No sense in spending that much on CB when we need wingbacks and midfielder. 

I dont understand why we dont put these 60m that are supposed for Vdv plus whatever we would be giving for Drinkwater in a bid for someone like Kovacic. Quality young midfielder who would improve our 11 greatly. Just imagine Kante-Bakayoko-Kovacic midfield. 

And for our attackers, we could add Lanzini who is quality. 

But instead we are lurking around ok players and players where we are already quite filled.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You