Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conte seeks to reinforce his squad, with interest likely to be expressed in #SaintsFC centre-half Virgil van Dijk (Guardian) #CFC

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte wants to sign Southampton centre-back Virgil van Dijk at the end of the season. #CFC #SaintsFC (Standard)

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/southampton-want-40million-manchester-city-9450313.amp?client=ms-android-sonymobile

According to Southampton manager there isnt a £25m clause and according to reports they want £40m for him 

I really don't know if we need any centre-backs. Sure, Van Dijk or Koulibaly would be nice, but we have Cahill, David Luiz, Azpilicueta, Zouma, Christensen, Alonso (he can easily play in 3 men system) and possibly Ivanovic (who I warm to idea of sub option) ? That's a lot. And not only in numbers but in quality, IMO it's good enough squad.

Unless we're selling Christensen, releasing Ivanovic, loaning out Zouma.

Sure, if something remain after we sign Veratti and top class RW we can spend it here.

6 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

I really don't know if we need any centre-backs. Sure, Van Dijk or Koulibaly would be nice, but we have Cahill, David Luiz, Azpilicueta, Zouma, Christensen, Alonso (he can easily play in 3 men system) and possibly Ivanovic (who I warm to idea of sub option) ? That's a lot. And not only in numbers but in quality, IMO it's good enough squad.

Unless we're selling Christensen, releasing Ivanovic, loaning out Zouma.

Sure, if something remain after we sign Veratti and top class RW we can spend it here.

Are you kidding?

Zouma ain't even in the team and you don't know if hes any good after injury.

Cahill is crap and should be upgrade, Christensen is a prospect but we still need more.

Alonso needs to be upgrade as well.

Azpi and Luiz should be first team but Cahill needs upgrade that is for sure. Him and Ivanović should be sold :) That leaves us with 3 CBs for 3 positions or maybe 4 if Christiansen is included in squad next year but I can't see him starting right away. We need at least 5 center backs for rotation because we will play more matches next year with Champions league knocking at our door ;) 

Azpi (Zouma) - Luiz (Christansen) - Van Dijk

27 (22) - 29 (20) - 25 ... Defensive line for few years at least ;) I know that CBs are least prone to rotation but I can see plenty of opportunity for Zouma and Christiansen with these back 5 :) 

15 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

Azpi and Luiz should be first team but Cahill needs upgrade that is for sure. Him and Ivanović should be sold :) That leaves us with 3 CBs for 3 positions or maybe 4 if Christiansen is included in squad next year but I can't see him starting right away. We need at least 5 center backs for rotation because we will play more matches next year with Champions league knocking at our door ;) 

Azpi (Zouma) - Luiz (Christansen) - Van Dijk

27 (22) - 29 (20) - 25 ... Defensive line for few years at least ;) I know that CBs are least prone to rotation but I can see plenty of opportunity for Zouma and Christiansen with these back 5 :) 

No way we're losing 3 experienced defenders in one go. What's that? I can think maybe we can get rid of JT and Ivanovic but only because their contracts expire.

And what's with Alonso? Suddenly he doesn't play anywhere at all? Even if we sign better LWB then he will be valuable player for both wingback and centreback. No way guy who costed so much suddenly takes Ferreira role.

So we're with minimum 6 CBs. That's enough. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You