test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dkim2

Virgil Van Dijk

Started by dkim2,

399 posts in this topic

I watched the Southampton game today van Dijk was brilliant today we need to sign him his style reminds me of Rio Ferdinand he would be good upgrade from cahill 

I really don't know if we need any centre-backs. Sure, Van Dijk or Koulibaly would be nice, but we have Cahill, David Luiz, Azpilicueta, Zouma, Christensen, Alonso (he can easily play in 3 men system) and possibly Ivanovic (who I warm to idea of sub option) ? That's a lot. And not only in numbers but in quality, IMO it's good enough squad.

Unless we're selling Christensen, releasing Ivanovic, loaning out Zouma.

Sure, if something remain after we sign Veratti and top class RW we can spend it here.

6 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

I really don't know if we need any centre-backs. Sure, Van Dijk or Koulibaly would be nice, but we have Cahill, David Luiz, Azpilicueta, Zouma, Christensen, Alonso (he can easily play in 3 men system) and possibly Ivanovic (who I warm to idea of sub option) ? That's a lot. And not only in numbers but in quality, IMO it's good enough squad.

Unless we're selling Christensen, releasing Ivanovic, loaning out Zouma.

Sure, if something remain after we sign Veratti and top class RW we can spend it here.

Are you kidding?

Zouma ain't even in the team and you don't know if hes any good after injury.

Cahill is crap and should be upgrade, Christensen is a prospect but we still need more.

Alonso needs to be upgrade as well.

Azpi and Luiz should be first team but Cahill needs upgrade that is for sure. Him and Ivanović should be sold :) That leaves us with 3 CBs for 3 positions or maybe 4 if Christiansen is included in squad next year but I can't see him starting right away. We need at least 5 center backs for rotation because we will play more matches next year with Champions league knocking at our door ;) 

Azpi (Zouma) - Luiz (Christansen) - Van Dijk

27 (22) - 29 (20) - 25 ... Defensive line for few years at least ;) I know that CBs are least prone to rotation but I can see plenty of opportunity for Zouma and Christiansen with these back 5 :) 

Fernando likes this

15 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

Azpi and Luiz should be first team but Cahill needs upgrade that is for sure. Him and Ivanović should be sold :) That leaves us with 3 CBs for 3 positions or maybe 4 if Christiansen is included in squad next year but I can't see him starting right away. We need at least 5 center backs for rotation because we will play more matches next year with Champions league knocking at our door ;) 

Azpi (Zouma) - Luiz (Christansen) - Van Dijk

27 (22) - 29 (20) - 25 ... Defensive line for few years at least ;) I know that CBs are least prone to rotation but I can see plenty of opportunity for Zouma and Christiansen with these back 5 :) 

No way we're losing 3 experienced defenders in one go. What's that? I can think maybe we can get rid of JT and Ivanovic but only because their contracts expire.

And what's with Alonso? Suddenly he doesn't play anywhere at all? Even if we sign better LWB then he will be valuable player for both wingback and centreback. No way guy who costed so much suddenly takes Ferreira role.

So we're with minimum 6 CBs. That's enough. 

5 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

No way we're losing 3 experienced defenders in one go. What's that? I can think maybe we can get rid of JT and Ivanovic but only because their contracts expire.

And what's with Alonso? Suddenly he doesn't play anywhere at all? Even if we sign better LWB then he will be valuable player for both wingback and centreback. No way guy who costed so much suddenly takes Ferreira role.

So we're with minimum 6 CBs. That's enough. 

I wouldn't mind losing all 3 if this means that Christiansen gets his chance ;) Everyone were roasting Cahill for his poor performances 2 months ago and now he is suddenly a God? No, he is still poor defender that can't play a proper pass out of the back and that's why we struggled to control the ball against City, Spurs and even WBA when they pressed us high :) Alonso is LWB and he is our first player on that position until we sign someone new to fight him :) 

We are doing great right now but we shouldn't rest on laurels. We need some more quality and quantity to compete in all competitions next year :) 

quickpassnmove likes this

12 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

I wouldn't mind losing all 3 if this means that Christiansen gets his chance ;) Everyone were roasting Cahill for his poor performances 2 months ago and now he is suddenly a God? No, he is still poor defender that can't play a proper pass out of the back and that's why we struggled to control the ball against City, Spurs and even WBA when they pressed us high :) Alonso is LWB and he is our first player on that position until we sign someone new to fight him :) 

We are doing great right now but we shouldn't rest on laurels. We need some more quality and quantity to compete in all competitions next year :) 

I agree with the last part, all I want is to tell people that of all positions we think we need an upgrade, CB is least of our problems. A proper upgrade will cost a fortune and we should spend elsewhere first. 

Also Cahill is good player. Squad player but good in the right system. He is homegrown and costs very little on the books due to low fee and stay time. He also saved our run just last Sunday. Put some respect on your captain's name! 

quickpassnmove likes this

8 hours ago, Fernando said:

Definitely, I'm a big fan of him now. 

I wonder if Everton would sell....

That's Gaya, of Valencia.  I like him too. Gotta say, I think he would be a perfect fit for our side, assuming further use of wingbacks.  Gaya could be the type of player that RM or Barca buy. I would consider buying him ASAP.

Now, if you asked me about buying GANA and GAYA, I might be bouncing off the walls --but Everton don't want to sell.

Fernando likes this