test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dkim2

Virgil Van Dijk

Started by dkim2,

622 posts in this topic
49 minutes ago, the wes said:

Southampton are hoping to sign Ben Gibson in a £30m deal, according to The Sun. If this rumour true he could be VVD replacement 

£30M for Ben Gibson, football has finally gone mad. :lol:

xPetrCechx and the wes like this

1 minute ago, Jype said:

That's how it is now, feel sorry for the small clubs trying to buy players that 2 seasons ago would of been £10M and are now going for 20-25M

7 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

That's how it is now, feel sorry for the small clubs trying to buy players that 2 seasons ago would of been £10M and are now going for 20-25M

Exactly and that's why Van Dijk is going for £60-70M when he gets sold. Smaller clubs just can't get decent replacements at reasonable prices, unless they take a gamble on an unknown youngster or get lucky with the incoming player's contract situation but most PL players cost a fortune these days. Domestic transfers between PL clubs have been crazy this summer with players like Michael Keane and Ben Gibson moving for tens of millions and Swansea fleecing £50M for Sigurdsson.

I can see transfers inside the PL becoming even more rare because there's just no value anymore, much better options for cheaper prices around the continent. This, in turn will raise the prices of homegrown English players even further so it's a big problem. 

10 minutes ago, Jype said:

I'm reading that it'll probably take over £30m for Drinkwater. Just think about that for a minute...😨

17 minutes ago, Jype said:

It's English players they overpriced and overrated 

Just now, Pizy said:

I'm reading that it'll probably take over £30m for Drinkwater. Just think about that for a minute...😨

Yeah, that's right up there with a seriously inflated price too but honestly I don't see many better options out there because Chelsea need homegrown players to fill up the numbers. At the moment there are just three HG players at the club (Cahill, Cesc, Moses) and the remaining non-HG places are better filled with higher priority signings than a backup CM.

Drinkwater is not a bad option for a squad player but he's not a £30M+ player either, it's a dilemma. 

10 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I still do not believe we are gonna spend that much on a CB when we are set in that position already. I bet he will go to City. 

Unless Christensen is yet to go and Azpi and Rüdiger are supposed to cover the wings...

1 hour ago, Artandur said:

Unless Christensen is yet to go and Azpi and Rüdiger are supposed to cover the wings...

Christensen's dad has confirmed that Conte told him andreas is in his plans. Rüdiger and Azpi can both cover the wings and are decent options but i am pretty sure Conte knows that their best position is CB. 

40 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Christensen's dad has confirmed that Conte told him andreas is in his plans. Rüdiger and Azpi can both cover the wings and are decent options but i am pretty sure Conte knows that their best position is CB. 

He's gonna be Ake

5 hours ago, Jype said:

Gibson is always expensive.

Peace. likes this

No sense in spending that much on CB when we need wingbacks and midfielder. 

I dont understand why we dont put these 60m that are supposed for Vdv plus whatever we would be giving for Drinkwater in a bid for someone like Kovacic. Quality young midfielder who would improve our 11 greatly. Just imagine Kante-Bakayoko-Kovacic midfield. 

And for our attackers, we could add Lanzini who is quality. 

But instead we are lurking around ok players and players where we are already quite filled.

Sideshow Luiz likes this

On 8/8/2017 at 3:40 PM, BlueLyon said:

No sense in spending that much on CB when we need wingbacks and midfielder. 

I dont understand why we dont put these 60m that are supposed for Vdv plus whatever we would be giving for Drinkwater in a bid for someone like Kovacic. Quality young midfielder who would improve our 11 greatly. Just imagine Kante-Bakayoko-Kovacic midfield. 

And for our attackers, we could add Lanzini who is quality. 

But instead we are lurking around ok players and players where we are already quite filled.

Don't forget the "Sandro money".  

Surely, any other LWB that we go for won't be as expensive.  VVD + Sandro = 120ish M?  Even in today's ridiculous market, that's a pretty good LWB + RWB + CM

go all out for him. need to make a statement. First i was of the opinion that we would not need him but tbf with how disjointed our defence looked today after cahill was off, we need one. and obviously once we have one defender and one of our 3 midfielders out, we have to tinker around and another injury or suspension and we are stripped to the bone in this position. also he is probably an upgrade on quality on any of our defenders.