dkim2

58 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Dave.          Luiz.        VVD/cahill

Rudigur.                                             Sandro

Kante.        Bakayoko

Pedro.                                              Hazard

Morata

That would be sick.

With Baka-Kante midfield, we will need two attacking FBs. Rudiger is ok as backup there, but I wouldnt put him as starter.

I cheer for Sandro and Aurier, but it will be tough.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

How we go this season hinges on our wingbacks IMO. Azpi isn't good enough for that role. 

Disagree. Will he be bombing forward constantly and beating players with his dribbling? No. But he'd do very well in the role in my opinion.

Besides, it's much more important to have a more attacking wing back on the other side to support Hazard. Having wing backs on both sides that are weak defensively will be a disaster against top opposition now that we have many more matches. 

3 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

With Baka-Kante midfield, we will need two attacking FBs. Rudiger is ok as backup there, but I wouldnt put him as starter.

I cheer for Sandro and Aurier, but it will be tough.

I agree mate for the CL but I think that team could boss the PL.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Disagree. Will he be bombing forward constantly and beating players with his dribbling? No. But he'd do very well in the role in my opinion.

Besides, it's much more important to have a more attacking wing back on the other side to support Hazard. Having wing backs on both sides that are weak defensively will be a disaster against top opposition now that we have many more matches. 

Isn't the point of a wingback to overlap with the the attackers on their side of the pitch? That's what separates them from a fullback. Azpi is a great fullback, but his attacking ability leaves a lot to be desired. Moses, for all his crossing woes, has Azpi easily beat in attacking. Azpi could be good enough for cover every once in a while, but if Moses is injured for more than a week, it could be troublesome.

I also disagree about having an attacking wingback to support Hazard. I'd rather have a more defensive-minded wingback on Hazard's side to cover for his defensive deficiencies, whereas both Willian and Pedro are better defenders, making it easier to have a more attack minded wingback.

If CFC finally decides to stay with Moses and Azpi on the RWB's that means Rudiger, Luiz, Cahil and Andreas are our CB's. This is 4 players for 3 spots. Definitely a new CB will arrive. It all depends on are we're going for FB's or only one (the promised one)? Maybe CFC was waiting for a lower price, and now is the time. Next week it will be very interesting. 🍿🍿

Conte expressed he wants 2 players per position. Cahill/VVD for LCB Luiz/Christensen for MCB Azpi/Rudiger as RCB

VVD arrival does not effect Christensen as he will be battling Luiz for playing time. Azpi to me is fine cover for RWB but I would prefer someone more dynamic going forward who can cover back on D. Moses/Ox/Aurier are the type of players I covet for WB roles. We have the center of the park locked up with Kante/Baka so we need creativity out wide.

I too believe Sandro deal is done but he hasnt signed the contract yet and we havent been looking at anyone else so something is fishy in that situation.

Courtois

Azpi/Rudi     Luiz/Christensen     VVD/Cahill

Moses/Aurier   Cesc/Kante/Baka/(DW?)   Alonso/Sandro

Willian/Pedro                                Hazard/Musonda

Morata/Bats

Fast, Physical, Skilled. A conte type team, one I would be THRILLED to see and we would be competitive on all fronts.

Wingback has to be a "workhorse" and with constant overlapping and wide position his main attribute should be crossing. Azpi is far better crosser than Moses IMO. Alonso is not superior to Moses in dribbling or athletic abilities but his attacking stats are far better. I see Azpi as a little more athletic version of Alonso and he would be more than capable playing that RWB position on top level IMO. 

1 hour ago, Chelsea4 said:

Are we supposed to believe Conte is a big admirer of Drinkwater all of a sudden? If he was, we would have gone out to sign him a lot earlier rather than wait till now!

This Van Dijk interest doesn't make sense either. Why would we need another CB? Only reason I can think of is we are failing to sign other targets and so, we get Van Dijk and start shifting players into other positions (e.g. Luiz into midfield or Azpi to RWB).

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

Are we supposed to believe Conte is a big admirer of Drinkwater all of a sudden? If he was, we would have gone out to sign him a lot earlier rather than wait till now!

This Van Dijk interest doesn't make sense either. Why would we need another CB? Only reason I can think of is we are failing to sign other targets and so, we get Van Dijk and start shifting players into other positions (e.g. Luiz into midfield or Azpi to RWB).

Azpi moving to RWB I can definitely see. No way should Luiz ever play in midfield again unless there's literally no one else available on the day. Hope Conte never even considers that.

If the club simply cannot get a quality upgrade on Moses then signing VVD and moving Azpi makes sense.

32 minutes ago, Jason said:

This is an idiotic way of looking at things. Conte no doubt admires a lot of players, and saying he is a big admirer doesn't mean he was ever first priority. But could end up being the realistic option after Matic left, as a bench option. Chelsea were never going to buy another midfielder, with  Fabregas, Matic, Bakayoko and Kante here. Had to get one out, before starting to put the signing into motion.

Big admirer =/= first priority signing, even without getting rid of your own bench options first.

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Azpi moving to RWB I can definitely see. No way should Luiz ever play in midfield again unless there's literally no one else available on the day. Hope Conte never even considers that.

If the club simply cannot get a quality upgrade on Moses then signing VVD and moving Azpi makes sense.

Rudiger - Luiz - VVD ... and Azpi as RWB? :) Could be an option, Azpi played RWB against Inter in second half :) Better than buying some average RWB ... Currently only Ox strikers me as better option than Azpi or Moses :) 

Van Dijk, Drinkwater and new LB (Sandro :P ?)

44 minutes ago, Jason said:

Or maybe it's because we just sold Matic and there was no reason to sign him.We have bought Bakayoko earlier there was no reason to rush for a us to sign another CM. Van Dijk is needed with Cahill being awful and he is 32 years old,Azpilicueta is not good in the air and Christensen needs to time to understand our system.

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The best game Luiz had was playing as a midfielder.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You