test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dkim2

Virgil Van Dijk

Started by dkim2,

396 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

If we actualy sell Matic for 40m and Ake for 20; along with Bertrand for 20, Costa for around 30-40....not to mention Miazga, Piazon etc 

We will be rolling in cash

Rolling in cash is what we are already doing with the Nike deal and TV money. We soon have to find another word for it :DDD

Chelseabluerising and Fernando like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChelseaFanUK said:

i know enough that being a favourite is simply by how much money is laid on.   Sticking a few grand on any club would have them faves.  Just a fact.  

Sticking afew grand on West Ham as you said would not make them favourite(it would take far more cash) . Fact! as I said its only a guide as which way or not a transfer may or may not go , and if you followed the post you would have seen the swing in money over the last week or 2 into a 2horse race between Cfc+Lfc , tho it may never happen which happens also.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mário César said:

Please guys give me a website that I can see the transfer market of chelsea.

What is the amount of money that enter at the club since januray by sales?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-chelsea/transfers/verein/631/saison_id/2017

You'll have to set the options according to what transfers from what seasons you want to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IMO he isnt worth the quoted price, he should have some quality european performances for that, but before injury he was easily top3 defenders in PL, other two being Azpi and Alderweireld, you can throw Verthongen in the mix.


Hardly.

I'd personally place Azpi, Luiz, Alderweireld, and Bailly easily in front of him.



Envoyé de mon SM-A510F en utilisant Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exclusive - Why Chelsea may beat Liverpool to the signing of Virgil van Dijk http://shr.gs/CTNzYFk  #CFC #saintsfc #LFC

I know Southampton have no intention of letting him go but I still believe there's a chance Chelsea will sign Van Dijk later in window

Exclusive - Why Chelsea may still be in the box seat to beat Liverpool to the signing of Virgil van Dijk http://shr.gs/CTNzYFk  #CFC #LFC

 

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/chelsea/exclusive-why-chelsea-may-still-be-in-the-box-seat-to-beat-liverpool-to-the-signing-of-virgil-van-dijk-35866793.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

IMO he isnt worth the quoted price, he should have some quality european performances for that, but before injury he was easily top3 defenders in PL, other two being Azpi and Alderweireld, you can throw Verthongen in the mix.

Nah. Luiz, Azpi, Alderweireld, Koscielny, Bailly are all better. You could also say he isn't even better than guys like Vertonghen, Mustafi, Maria and Kompany he isn't necessarily better than. Half a season of good performances doesn't automatically make you a top 3 defender. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Nah. Luiz, Azpi, Alderweireld, Koscielny, Bailly are all better. 

He's better than all of those except arguably Azpilicueta and Koscielny. and I don't consider Azpi to be a real CB because of his height. Koscielny is getting older and unlike Van Dijk he makes too many fouls in the box. If we sign him, I can bet you will change your opinion of him. He might be overpriced but thats what's you get with the lack of quality CBs around the world, and he is quality.

Mufassir08 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

He's better than all of those except arguably Azpilicueta and Koscielny. and I don't consider Azpi to be a real CB because of his height. Koscielny is getting older and unlike Van Dijk he makes too many fouls in the box. If we sign him, I can bet you will change your opinion of him. He might be overpriced but thats what's you get with the lack of quality CBs around the world, and he is quality.

How is he better than all of those? He's severely overrated in my opinion. You pay that sort of money for the best of the best, like what we're doing with Sandro. You can't say he's better than CBs who have consistently played in Europe and have started for their NT for years. VVD isn't on their level just yet, he's only really had one really good half of a season in a pretty defensive Southampton system where any good defender would do well. What is he better at than Koscielny, Luiz and Bailly? 

I've watched this guy since he was playing in Holland (I'm Dutch) and Scotland, I've probably seen him more times than you. I'm not saying he's a bad defender, he's a good defender, but he isn't this top 3 defender you guys make him out to be. He hasn't proven any of that over his career so far. 

Supermonkey92 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

How is he better than all of those? He's severely overrated in my opinion. You pay that sort of money for the best of the best, like what we're doing with Sandro. You can't say he's better than CBs who have consistently played in Europe and have started for their NT for years. VVD isn't on their level just yet, he's only really had one really good half of a season in a pretty defensive Southampton system where any good defender would do well. What is he better at than Koscielny, Luiz and Bailly? 

I've watched this guy since he was playing in Holland (I'm Dutch) and Scotland, I've probably seen him more times than you. I'm not saying he's a bad defender, he's a good defender, but he isn't this top 3 defender you guys make him out to be. He hasn't proven any of that over his career so far. 

He never had the chance to play for big clubs like those other defenders. Take a world class player like Mane for instance who was a bit underrated because he played at Southampton, when he moved to Liverpool everyone realized how good he actually was. Same goes for many other players like our own Ngolo Kante. I watch a lot of Southampton and he adjusted to england fairly quick, he's showing his class as the time passes. it's a shame he had that injury.

Koscielny mght be the best CB in england but as I said earlier he's too prone to cause a penalty. David Luiz is a great athlete with a superb ability on the ball but he's bomb waiting to explode. His lack of concentration doesn't make him a reliable defender. Him playing in a back three has a lot to do with his success this season. Bailly is a great athlete but he's too aggressive. It's a miracle he gets away with all the fouls he commits. I think he has a good ability on the ball that is a bit wasted. Makes many mistakes as well. All things he could improve with work and experience though. Now Van Dijk imo has it all: ability to read play, anticipate, cover, good timing in the air, proactivity. He's very comfortable with the ball, often drives with it and distributes well, very cool under pressure. Maybe his only weakness is that he isn't particularly fast but I think his ability to read the game makes up for it. Under Koeman it was mostly a low block so it was impossible to tell. but under Puel they were playing a high line at times and he had no problem playing in transition. He's more than just a defender who sits and watch and when necessary he can play higher and help in attack like every modern defender.

From what I saw from him he's one of best defenders in the country and he's still very young. It's true he hasn't played in europe as of yet, be he possess all the qualities to make it at a top club. He can only get better imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Nah. Luiz, Azpi, Alderweireld, Koscielny, Bailly are all better. You could also say he isn't even better than guys like Vertonghen, Mustafi, Maria and Kompany he isn't necessarily better than. Half a season of good performances doesn't automatically make you a top 3 defender. 

He had brilliant season 2015/16 and equaly good first half this season until his injury which kept him out for long time. Its not like he had good half of season and then droppped in form. 

Going by 1v1 duels, aerial duels and number of mistakes or how safe they play, Dijk is only behind Azpi and Alderweireld. Indeed Verthongen realy stepped up this season, he was better than Alderweireld in past months. 

Luiz has protection from Azpi and Cahill and althrough he has been realy good this season, he made some mistakes and wasnt realy that good when we played with 4 at back. He is amazing character, leader and fantastic on ball, but still has to convince me that he is out and out reliable defender. If he has another season like 2016/17, that would be great. Kos is good, but has too many brainfarts for my liking. Mustafi is also good but not better than anyone mentioned above. Bailly could become better than Dijk, but not yet. I always rated Kompany highly, but he has been injured far too much to make any kind of judgement. 

And all that said, we can buy only Dijk. To me he is fantastic defender, but that price is huge and he has been injured, which always gives some doubt. If it was last summer, I would have absolutely no complain in signing him. 

Then there is Bonucci, I think there was never an option he will leave or Laporte who is good, young and expensive, and like Dijk not realy proven outside of the league. 

If Dijk plays here the way he played in 2016, we will have hands down best CB in the league IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool have pulled out of the race for Van Dijk, and have moved on to other targets. Player wants Chelsea. [The Times]

 

Chelsea focus on Van Dijk after Juventus close the door on Bonucci move

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/virgil-van-dijk-transfer-news-chelsea-focus-on-southampton-man-after-juventus-close-the-door-on-a3573981.html

Dimitr likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Liverpool have pulled out of the race for Van Dijk, and have moved on to other targets. Player wants Chelsea. [The Times]

 

Chelsea focus on Van Dijk after Juventus close the door on Bonucci move

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/virgil-van-dijk-transfer-news-chelsea-focus-on-southampton-man-after-juventus-close-the-door-on-a3573981.html

Let's do this 

xPetrCechx likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i never thought there was a way Liverpool could now get him.  They withdrew any interest, apologised hours after the saints complaint...which IMO proved their guilt.

 

Both clubs lose respect and fans will turn.   Cant and wont happen.  Kinda expect him to stay tbh as he has a long deal, but if he goes it wont be to lpool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now