Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2

7 minutes ago, manpe said:

I wonder where this myth comes from that Azpi isn't good offensively? Yes, he isn't an aggressive attacker, but he is smart and most of the times makes the right decisions, even if it's something simple. He isn't penetrative, but he's effective for the team in possession. Moses on the other hand is aggressive and fast, but pretty dumb. It gives us balance on the two flanks. I would rather play Azpi at RWB over Moses anyway, but we had no other choice in central defence. With Christensen returning and Van Dijk reportedly coming in, we will now have that choice and Moses will have rightfully earned himself a place as a squad player in a Champions League level team, something I'm sure he would be happy with. I was under no illusions that Moses would stay a starter for a team that wants to challenge beyond domestic glory, and Azpi is just too good to be dropped for anyone. Also, if we want to eliminate our weakness from crosses, then Azpi can't stay a CB imo.

To be wingback and to own that role for a longer time, Im pretty sure you need to be Marcelo, Sandro, Alaba, Alves level in attack.

They provide width, crosses, take on players. Basicaly they have to be wingers.

Azpi is very intelligent, great worker, brilliant defender too, and I dont think he is poor in offense, but neither great. Solid. But I wonder if that will be enough longterm. Alonso was fine, but at the end of the day, there is plenty of improvement. He is worse defensively than Azpi, but IMO better in attack. 

Maybe Azpi can play this role well due to his determination and character, but we will see if he can run quickly up and down whole game and provide attacking threat on consistent basis. 

When he was LB, he did quite well with Eden, but now he will need to do alot more. Its true he will be playing on his stronger side now.

I would never bench Azpi, but there is valid question if he can make rwb role his own, because althrough he has been brilliant as RCB, we conceded plenty goals from crosses (that was half Moses fault too) and maybe Conte wants more stability. 

IMO if we solve other problems; if we get some creativity from midfield, a quality RW, then Azpi can probably play RWB just fine, he is valuable asset. But atm, with Pedro, and what seems with Kante and Bakayoko in midfield, there will be much desired from wingback in dribbling, creating, crossing and linkup. We will see.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

Who is he??    

IMG_6509.PNG

According to that he works for Sync Sports Group based in London, that is a collective of registered FA intermediaries, sport consultants & highly skilled recruitment personnel. http://syncsportsgroup.com/

Make of it what you will, I haven't heard of them before and their website isn't even finished yet and joined Twitter on September 2016, so they must be new.

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

Didn't Liverpool officially declare their interest in him over? Yet they're still trying to do something? What a spineless bunch.

Thats one of the reasons i find it funny their fans still claim they'll sign him.

There's no wiggle room now, bridges burnt completely

32 minutes ago, mccg said:

doubt he'll go to liverpool this summer, after they had to officially apologize 

1 hour ago, xPetrCechx said:

No surprise to me that Chelsea want Bakayoko & Sandro wrapped up before July 1st. Next up: van Dijk. #JulyFireworks

That guy is unreliable as fuck and is merely quoting others.

4 hours ago, mccg said:

odds mean nothing. If i bet enough, i could make west ham favourites

1 hour ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

odds mean nothing. If i bet enough, i could make west ham favourites

Ok bet enough to make west ham favourites then big man with big mouth!(tell me when so i can lump on or lay those odds lol) These markets are only a guide,as others i posted ,and just abit of fun just like the media has everyday with transfers etc.

27 minutes ago, mccg said:

Ok bet enough to make west ham favourites then big man with big mouth!(tell me when so i can lump on or lay those odds lol) These markets are only a guide,as others i posted ,and just abit of fun just like the media has everyday with transfers etc.

no ta, it'd take a lot to make them faves.  point was, odds mean shite

1 hour ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

no ta, it'd take a lot to make them faves.  point was, odds mean shite

You must be some sort of a kinda simpleton or hypocrite ?  if you do not know anything about the odds of Van Dijk joining CFC me thinks , ie the odds for him joining CFC have tumbled and would take £££££ far more than afew ££££ West Ham odds blah blah blah ,  but point is not to point no point

If our goal is to become competitive in Europe and make a push there then for me Bonucci is hands down the man to go for over VVD. I can understand the age factor, etc but he is arguably the best centre back in the world, certainly when it comes to being accustomed to playing in a 3 man defence. Get another couple of years of him in his prime may be the difference between us winning another Champions League or not.

VVD isn't going to give us the added edge of big game and european experience. I just feel for the price it should be a guaranteed world star centre back we'd be buying and I'm not sure if VVD is there yet. We'd be better off sticking with what we have, bring Christensen back and keep one of Ake or Zouma in the squad. Spend that sort of money elsewhere.

Tiemoue Bakayoko is due in England in the next 48 hours, while Antonio Conte will step up his interest in Virgil van Dijk. [Mirror]

After they land Alex Sandro and Bakayoko, #Chelsea will turn their attention to Van Dijk - by testing Southampton with a £60m bid. [Mirror]

Southampton insist that with Van Dijk still having five years left on his deal, it could take an offer in excess of £70million. [Mirror]

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You