Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2

32 minutes ago, Dingus said:

How do you know we're not?

Just going by who we've been linked with all summer. 

You know, the same way we assume we're interested in Bakayoko etc. 

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

just find is so weird we are in for a LWB and not for a RWB. 

Because one of the (if not the) best left fullback/wingback in the world is available and the same is not true on the right. Sometimes a player becomes available were you have to forget about certain higher needs in the team and snap them up, and Sandro falls into that category just like Ash did 11 years ago.

We've been after a ball playing CB for a while now, and it looks like he's going to be our guy. Christensen will be back from loan as well. I think that means Zouma and Ake are leaving. There will be plenty of space for everybody in a 3 man defense. I'm guessing Luiz, Christensen, Van Dijk, Cahill will be sharing the CB position with Azpilicueta as a potential 5th defender. RWB will be Moses/Azpi and LWB Sandro/Alonso. The only player that might get frustrated for lack of playing time is probably Alonso if we sign Sandro.

3 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

We've been after a ball playing CB for a while now, and it looks like he's going to be our guy. Christensen will be back from loan as well. I think that means Zouma and Ake are leaving. There will be plenty of space for everybody in a 3 man defense. I'm guessing Luiz, Christensen, Van Dijk, Cahill will be sharing the CB position with Azpilicueta as a potential 5th defender. RWB will be Moses/Azpi and LWB Sandro/Alonso. The only player that might get frustrated for lack of playing time is probably Alonso if we sign Sandro.

We will see a lot of rotation at wing back i think. In the Euro's Antonio always made a in game switch in that position because of how demanding the position is. I can see Alonso starting all the domestic cup games and CL group games plus the PL games were we have half an eye on a big knockout game.

I think for our biggest/Toughest games if we do run a 343 it will look like this(pending our possible signings, not including any possible other upgrades):

Courtois

Christensen      Luiz          VVD

Azpi       Kante        Bakayoko      Sandro

Pedro                      Hazard

Lukaku

If its a 424:

Courtois

Azpi         Luiz            VVD        Sandro

Kante         Bakayoko

Pedro                                          Hazard

Bats         Lukaku

6 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I think for our biggest/Toughest games if we do run a 343 it will look like this(pending our possible signings, not including any possible other upgrades):

Courtois

Christensen      Luiz          VVD

Azpi       Kante        Bakayoko      Sandro

Pedro                      Hazard

Lukaku

If its a 424:

Courtois

Azpi         Luiz            VVD        Sandro

Kante         Bakayoko

Pedro                                          Hazard

Bats         Lukaku

Or  4-3-3; Cesc, Kante, and Bakayoko midfield; Pedro, Hazard, and Striker(anyone but Lukaku).

2 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Or  4-3-3; Cesc, Kante, and Bakayoko midfield; Pedro, Hazard, and Striker(anyone but Lukaku).

yup! also possible. We just haven't played a 433 really which is why i left it out. Fab also fits in a 352 with hazard/striker up top.

------------------------Courtois---------

Van Dijk------David Luiz-----Cahill----

-Azpi/Moses--Kante-Bakayoko-Fabregas-Alexandro/Marcos

-------------------------------Hazard--------------

Morata/Lukaku

---------------------------Courtois-------------------

--Azpi---------------Luiz------------Alexandro

Pedro------Kante-----Bakayoko--------Hazard

---------------------Willian-----Fabregas---------

---------------------Lukaku/Morata-------------

1 hour ago, milka said:

------------------------Courtois---------

Van Dijk------David Luiz-----Cahill----

-Azpi/Moses--Kante-Bakayoko-Fabregas-Alexandro/Marcos

-------------------------------Hazard--------------

Morata/Lukaku

---------------------------Courtois-------------------

--Azpi---------------Luiz------------Alexandro

Pedro------Kante-----Bakayoko--------Hazard

---------------------Willian-----Fabregas---------

---------------------Lukaku/Morata-------------

the last one is bonkers. Hazard as wing back?

also who is Alexandro?

Apparently Liverpool are gonna try to re enter the VVD race, maybe they hope the player will refuse to go anywhere else and piss off Southampton even more. Lets close this deal ASAP so they don't get the chance. 

4 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Apparently Liverpool are gonna try to re enter the VVD race, maybe they hope the player will refuse to go anywhere else and piss off Southampton even more. Lets close this deal ASAP so they don't get the chance. 

Source?

50 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

Source?

It was on a twitter account i follow, i thought they sourced it when i read but i looked again and they didnt. My mistake, apologies. 

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3875/transfer-zone/2017/06/24/36579992/ake-could-make-way-for-van-dijk-at-chelsea

Article is from Nizaar Kinsella who's a Chelsea correspondent for Goal. He gives very little updates but is generally well informed about Chelsea. He says that the deal is far from being done. I'm inclined to believe him because I don't think negotitations with Southampton are going to be easy following their statement about Liverpool.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You