Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

VVD, Bakayoko, Alex Sandro, and Lukaku. That would be one hell of a summer. Cherry on top of the cake if we signed anyone else.

I would be very happy with VVD, Bakayoko and Sandro. Buying Lukaku back I can't get behind at all though.

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

VVD, Bakayoko, Alex Sandro, and Lukaku. That would be one hell of a summer. Cherry on top of the cake if we signed anyone else.

I'll be very happy with that. Remember when we were all complaining about the slow trio of MATIC-ALONSO-CAHILL on one side? Seems like Conte noticed it too and is trying to improve all 3 players there. Hazard will have better players on his side after years if we pull all these transfers off.

45 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

I'll be very happy with that. Remember when we were all complaining about the slow trio of MATIC-ALONSO-CAHILL on one side? Seems like Conte noticed it too and is trying to improve all 3 players there. Hazard will have better players on his side after years if we pull all these transfers off.

100%. 

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Please be nonsense. Where is the value nowadays?!

The market was forever changed when United made it okay to pay whatever it takes for Pogba. Now big clubs know it's okay. People have to accept this reality. Even fucking Liverpool and Everton are spending huge now.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The market was forever changed when United made it okay to pay whatever it takes for Pogba. Now big clubs know it's okay. People have to accept this reality. Even fucking Liverpool and Everton are spending huge now.

They went for one of the most sort after players in Europe. Paying big bucks for Sandro is one thing, but when on earth did VVD fall under that bracket?

In addition, Everton are spending Lukaku's incoming payment early and Liverpool spent around £70m combined for Mane & Salah (not crazy IMO).

15 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

They went for one of the most sort after players in Europe. Paying big bucks for Sandro is one thing, but when on earth did VVD fall under that bracket?

In addition, Everton are spending Lukaku's incoming payment early and Liverpool spent around £70m combined for Mane & Salah (not crazy IMO).

John Stones just went for £50m and he isn't nearly as good as a healthy VVD who's only a bit older. Not only is VVD super comfortable and elegant on the ball, but he's also dominant physically. He's got world class potential.

I'd much prefer us spending crazy money for a sure thing like VVD than around the same for Koulibaly who would be a massive risk. What's 60-70m if he gives us 8-10 years of to class service? He's a can't miss target for me.

Hope he doesn't go to a rival if a move here doesn't work out because he's a beast.

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

John Stones just went for £50m and he isn't nearly as good as a healthy VVD who's only a bit older. Not only is VVD super comfortable and elegant on the ball, but he's also dominant physically. He's got world class potential.

I'd much prefer us spending crazy money for a sure thing like VVD than around the same for Koulibaly who would be a massive risk. What's 60-70m if he gives us 8-10 years of to class service? He's a can't miss target for me.

Hope he doesn't go to a rival if a move here doesn't work out because he's a beast.

We all know why Stones, Sterling cost as much as they did. I seriously don't believe he's improved massively from his Celtic days to justify such a fee and he isn't HG.

I'd much prefer us to spend half of that on someone like Laporte. Technically superior, younger and has more potential. We don't have to give in to such demands when we aren't desperate.

No clubs outside of England will even look twice at VVD for that price. 

The nature of the business. Defenders are scarce these days, Southampton don't have to sell and know how much money Chelsea (and most premier league teams) can realistically pay.

I think if you look at the current market (very few Defenders) 60m, though high, is what the market is dictating. Same can be said for strikers. Aubameyang is not a £63m striker but in this limited market you can see why Dortmund are asking for that.

Bottom line is market dictates price and Chelsea have way too much to worry about valuation

We all know why Stones, Sterling cost as much as they did. I seriously don't believe he's improved massively from his Celtic days to justify such a fee and he isn't HG.
I'd much prefer us to spend half of that on someone like Laporte. Technically superior, younger and has more potential. We don't have to give in to such demands when we aren't desperate.
No clubs outside of England will even look twice at VVD for that price. 

He didn't have to improve massively from his Celtic days he's was really good then. The fee has gone up significantly because he is doing the exact same thing in a much stronger league.

Laporte isn't a boss he's what we have in Christensen. Virgil is a stopper who is good on the ball.

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

As much as those signings strengthen our squad and I don't want to sound greedy here but we really still need to add a right wing back, creative midfielder and another attacking player upfront.

Plus, is the strike duo of Lukaku and Batshuayi really enough to challenge on 4 fronts?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You