Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2

4 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Look guys I will throw a simple example; 

I couldnt care less if City signs Mendy tomorrow, and we wait till last day of window to get Sandro. I couldnt care less if Pool gets Dijk tomorrow and we get I dunno, Laporte in mid august.

As long we get the players we actualy want. If we wanted Dijk and he ends up elsewhere, thats a problem. If we want Sandro and he decides to stay, and all other options like Mendy have already moved, thats a problem.

BUT today is 5th June and it would be great if everybody just calm the fuck down and see who we sign in next three months. There will be enough time for panic by the end of window if we dont get anyone by 25th august. 

Also just because City or Pool is already buying, it doesnt mean they are buying the best options of entire summer. They are simply buying available players who have been rumoured to leave the clubs for months now. Overpaying just so they can get their hands on. I hope we are actualy targeting players Conte wants and will fit this team in best possible way, which requires some thinking. On paper good players mean shit, just look at Gundogan and Pogba. Its all about chemistry and manager.

Like they say, great things dont come easy.

Great post. As long as Conte gets his first choice targets I'll be happy.

I do kind of hope we make at least 1 big signing early in the summer just to build a bit of buzz and set the tone. The fans will be elated if we send our rivals a statement of intent with a huge, star signing.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Showed very good form in the first half of the season and is a good age to become a mainstay at a club for many years. However he is coming off the back of a serious injury which has ruled him out for months and, with the greatest respect to Celtic, he has yet to be tested at the highest level with all the pressures that come with it. £60m is ridiculous money and I'm glad we're not paying that for him.

Buying anything now in England seems near pointless with all the money all the clubs have, they can quote prices on players that are laughable. It's also why I worry about us going for Lukaku, I can see us getting our fingers burnt with that.

So glad we aren't spending stupid money on VVD. He's a good defender and will do well under Klopp but there are many other CBs out there just as good or even better. We should look closer at home and just give Christensen and Ake more game time. In fact, no CB in the world is really worth that money imo as it stands. Is Van Dijk really £60m better than Christensen or Ake? We should spend our cash elsewhere, seriously.

The fucking incompetence! HAHAHAHAHA!

Surely we have to go in, negotiate with Soton and sign him now, right? Player clearly wants to go and maybe they'll now accept a bit less just to get rid and be done with the situation so they can secure their own targets.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You