Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2

Looks like all the journalists have been briefed. Liverpool of all clubs paying £60m for a player, nevermind a CB, is something I never thought I'd see.

I can only hope that we were never truly interested because losing what was rumored to be our primary CB target to fucking Liverpool is embarrassing otherwise.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Dahnald said:

Okay. I swear I read that they could get the same penalty Atletico Madrid got. (Hopefully that happens)

It's a different case.

City, along with The FA and FIFA, have been taken to The Court of Arbitration for Sport over the transfer of a 16 year old Argentinian. The case is due to be heard on July 3rd. If any punishment follows from the proceedings then I doubt it will come into effect for many months. Even then, I suppose it is far more likely to be financial, rather than sporting. Anyway, I suspect the Manchester club, The FA, and FIFA, will be found to have applied the regulations correctly.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-england-mci-cas-idUKKBN18T0FI

Manchester City will face a hearing at the Court of Arbitration of Sport (CAS) on July 3 over the English club's signing of teenager Benjamin Garre from Argentine side Velez Sarsfield.

Velez filed a complaint with FIFA in September alleging that City broke transfer rules and approached Garre in Argentina while he was 15 years old and signed him soon after his 16th birthday.

The complaint was dismissed as Garre has an Italian passport and FIFA allows the transfer of minors between clubs in European Union countries but Velez officials claim that the rule was invalid as Garre played for an Argentine club.

"We're angry because City came after our player, we said no and they took him anyway. That's not good behaviour between two clubs," Bernardo Bertelloni, club secretary of Velez told The Times.

"He (Garre) left here a couple of days before his 16th birthday, he spent a few days in Germany and he entered England one day after his 16th birthday.

"Man City argued that there is an exception in the FIFA rules... But the FIFA rule does not say that, it says he can move only within the EU, between EU clubs."

The English Football Association (FA) and FIFA are also listed in the dispute Velez are taking to the Swiss authority.

Should City be found guilty, they are likely to face a standard transfer ban that prohibits them from registering new players for a certain number of transfer windows.

Spanish side Atletico Madrid had their two-window transfer ban for signing minors upheld by CAS on Thursday, while their Spanish rivals Barcelona and Real Madrid also served bans for transfer violations.

36 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Looks like all the journalists have been briefed. Liverpool of all clubs paying £60m for a player, nevermind a CB, is something I never thought I'd see.

I can only hope that we were never truly interested because losing what was rumored to be our primary CB target to fucking Liverpool is embarrassing otherwise.

I actually think we were because sources like The Telegraph (Matt Law) has been linking him to us for months. 

It's not happening. And so is Sanchez, Tolisso (Bayern want him) etc. I have to say, I become increasingly frustrated by our transfer policy for the past 4 years. From the moment we lost the FA Cup final, I thought the club was going to make moves for new players ASAP, because of all the rumors about the club wanting to reward Conte with transfers and a new contract. Might even be the reason he hasn't signed a new contract yet. 

Our current squad is absolutely not good enough to get past the UCL group stages. 

If Liverpool complete this signing, we have to be done waiting. 

Good for Liverpool, about time they got their defence sorted out. Also good for the fact that ManC will once again fail to sign a truly world class centre-back and they'll probably be forced to pay ridiculous sums of money for a 2nd tier player. We've got Christensen and Ake so I am not worried in the slightest. 

24 minutes ago, Georgy said:

Even Liverpool are outspending us now. Pathetic board, if this happens to be true and Liverpool pay 60 mil for him.

Don't.

People on here pretending to be calm will call you a melt.

I don't even care anymore at this point after those disastrous summers of 15 and 16. 

If the board fails to deliver, Conte will walk like he did at Juventus.

52 minutes ago, Georgy said:

Even Liverpool are outspending us now. Pathetic board, if this happens to be true and Liverpool pay 60 mil for him.

???? Have you even bothered to READ anything?

Van Dijk CHOSE Liverpool, it has nothing to do with how much was bid.

You kids need to settle down a bit

1 hour ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

???? Have you even bothered to READ anything?

Van Dijk CHOSE Liverpool, it has nothing to do with how much was bid.

You kids need to settle down a bit

Lol, of course he choose Liverpool since they offered him 200k a week. Fact is they have less revenue, less money won in the league, less money from players sold, yet somehow have no problem paying a CB 200k a week. Meanwhile, we complain we have not enough money to compete with the Manchester clubs, amazing how Liverpool can.

2 minutes ago, Georgy said:

Lol, of course he choose Liverpool since they offered him 200k a week. Fact is they have less revenue, less money won in the league, less money from players sold, yet somehow have no problem paying a CB 200k a week. Meanwhile, we complain we have not enough money to compete with the Manchester clubs, amazing how Liverpool can.

you're talking pure garbage...

If Liverpool offered him 200k a week he becomes their highest paid player. If Chelsea were to do that we'd have to restructure our entire wage bill, only Hazard is making 200k currently and there are others who are deserving of that and more.

Stick to football manager, the real thing is out of your league.

10 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

you're talking pure garbage...

If Liverpool offered him 200k a week he becomes their highest paid player. If Chelsea were to do that we'd have to restructure our entire wage bill, only Hazard is making 200k currently and there are others who are deserving of that and more.

Stick to football manager, the real thing is out of your league.

So he becomes Liverpool highest paid player, which means they'd have to restructure (like you point out) yet if Chelsea offered that he would be on par with ANOTHER player. Yeah makes sense..

Also instead of telling someone to mind his own business about something since I apparently don't know shit, you'd better learn to accept to disagree. As far as I'm concerned the wage restructure is blindly overrated by some of you , since a club like Liverpool have no problem making a CB their highest paid player. Also I think Coutinho earns as much as him or close.

2 minutes ago, Georgy said:

So he becomes Liverpool highest paid player, which means they'd have to restructure (like you point out) yet if Chelsea offered that he would be on par with ANOTHER player. Yeah makes sense..

Also instead of telling someone to mind his own business about something since I apparently don't know shit, you'd better learn to accept to disagree. As far as I'm concerned the wage restructure is blindly overrated by some of you , since a club like Liverpool have no problem making a CB their highest paid player. Also I think Coutinho earn as much as him or close.

we are currently sorting out deals for current players such as Courtois, Hazard and Costa, how many players do you expect us to have on 200k a week? It sets a bad precedence.... If we give Van Dijk more than twice the amount Cahill makes it makes negotiating other deals extremely difficult. I think you underestimate the importance of keeping your wage bill in check especially when we have many areas to strengthen. 

6 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

we are currently sorting out deals for current players such as Courtois, Hazard and Costa, how many players do you expect us to have on 200k a week? It sets a bad precedence.... If we give Van Dijk more than twice the amount Cahill makes it makes negotiating other deals extremely difficult. I think you underestimate the importance of keeping your wage bill in check especially when we have many areas to strengthen. 

Maybe I am exaggerating, I'm only a football and Chelsea enthusiast what exactly do I know  but watching a club like Liverpool having no problem signing a player from Southampton and immediately giving him 200k hurts, especially since I rate VVD very highly. Liverpool are quite a long shot below us in revenue but I was reading somewhere they are leading the wages in the league.

23 minutes ago, Georgy said:

Maybe I am exaggerating, I'm only a football and Chelsea enthusiast what exactly do I know  but watching a club like Liverpool having no problem signing a player from Southampton and immediately giving him 200k hurts, especially since I rate VVD very highly. Liverpool are quite a long shot below us in revenue but I was reading somewhere they are leading the wages in the league.

That model is not sustainable. Just look at the amount of trophies we've won compared to them in the past 10-15 years. 

Missing out on overpriced players isn't the end of the world. I am still calm and trust the board, its not late August is it? I mean missing out on £50 million Stones wasn't a bad thing after all. We have Christensen who has so much potential and is ready to prove himself at Chelsea, but there are people who want to have a decent at best defender to be our most expensive signing ever, I don't get it. We need good attackers or a new right wing back, but a CB shouldn't be our priority.

Look guys I will throw a simple example; 

I couldnt care less if City signs Mendy tomorrow, and we wait till last day of window to get Sandro. I couldnt care less if Pool gets Dijk tomorrow and we get I dunno, Laporte in mid august.

As long we get the players we actualy want. If we wanted Dijk and he ends up elsewhere, thats a problem. If we want Sandro and he decides to stay, and all other options like Mendy have already moved, thats a problem.

BUT today is 5th June and it would be great if everybody just calm the fuck down and see who we sign in next three months. There will be enough time for panic by the end of window if we dont get anyone by 25th august. 

Also just because City or Pool is already buying, it doesnt mean they are buying the best options of entire summer. They are simply buying available players who have been rumoured to leave the clubs for months now. Overpaying just so they can get their hands on. I hope we are actualy targeting players Conte wants and will fit this team in best possible way, which requires some thinking. On paper good players mean shit, just look at Gundogan and Pogba. Its all about chemistry and manager.

Like they say, great things dont come easy.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You