• Matic
    • Kante
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Ivanovic (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Another very tough game in the past now, it was won and we are staying within touching distance, 1 point off the very top. Not a lot of teams will leave Southampton with all the points in the bag.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. We were so safe defensively, this defence is perfect. Costa and hazard are bosses, we need to a goalscoring left-footer like dybala or Griezmann to become favourites for title. 

I hope ivanovic isn't making any moves to get into the team. Moses and Azpi are better 

Azpilicueta running things at the back again. This role suits his qualities perfectly.

Mose bossing the wingback role yet again. He's no Dani Alves or Cafu but he's fulfilling his duties on both ends of the pitch and his ability to carry the ball forwards brings a nice element of surprise. Big up, Vic.

Kante is getting better and better, Honestly thought the level of his performances were exaggerated at the start of the season but he's looked like a top player in the past month or so. Fantastic ball-winning, his athleticism to cover so much space so quickly (always running back when attacked, recovering his position and slowing counter-attacks down). And then there's his surprisingly good passing range, distribution and ability to hold the ball under pressure. Every passing game he's proving he's much more than a ball-winner.

Credit to Nemanja 'Stickman' Matic. Looking like a player again. It took him ages but it's going well. Still think Chels need an upgrade for the long-term but he's fine for now.

Hazard has quietly been playing on a high level since the Euros. 15/16 is well behind him. I like the fact that things are quiet concerning him. Let him just go about his business. He created a lot chances today but that hasn't been the case for most of the season. Need more of that from him. But then again, he's scored five in ten and if he scores 20 in the league alone, it will be forgiven.

28 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Not a brilliant performance by any stretch, but a professionally controlled one, particularly in the second half. 

We're the first ONLY team to win at St. Marry's this year. 

Fixed.

I'm giving Luiz motm. He didn't put a foot wrong today apart from letting Austin drift in behind him which he was offside for anyway.

Stellar performaces from everyone on that pitch today. Alonso looked a little shaky at times when defending but he gets up and down the wing well. 

Moses is looking excellent in his new found position.

Solid performance. Could have scored a few more but hey ho.

Lol, even Cahill was picking out passes for fun in the second half. This team has changed a lot in just  a few weeks.

So far, no opponent had set up differently to counter this 343 formation.

If we keep winning and keeping clean sheets teams will start to change their usual approach against us.

I must admit I came a bit nervous, but the defensive work today was top notch! Conte really has got them working their asses off for the team. Love it.

If Diego and Eden can keep this form, I can see us giving city a headache next month.

Come on you blues!!!

2 minutes ago, Darogba said:

I wonder how long we can keep this 3-4-3 for before other teams adapt to deal with us. Hopefully conte will have an answer.

If it can last till the next transfer window before we can buy players, then good. 

4 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

No, "messed up", because that would imply that no other team can win there from now till the end of the year. 

Got to work on your grammar, Jay... 

Well, we are the only team to win at Southampton this year. That's the hard fact now. Whether or not another team will win is a different matter.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well, we are the only team to win at Southampton this year. That's the hard fact now. Whether or not another team will win is a different matter.

Mate, unless you add 'so far' at the end, that statement is factually incorrect.

I don't like to correct people's grammar, but you kind of started it! :P

That Chelsea is outstanding. Once again. We have been waiting for too long but now here we go again.

Difficult to single out a player. Eden and Diego are on fire for sure. Special mention to Moses: he is extremely good and a large contributor to our current success as well.

Our best transfer was Conte. 

15 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Mate, unless you add 'so far' at the end, that statement is factually incorrect.

I don't like to correct people's grammar, but you kind of started it! :P

(1) It's a matter of different interpretation, (2) grammar is so overrated and (3) I've missed arguing with you. :wub: