• Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Ivanovic (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrific end to the weekend! Great performance. The XI on Wednesday showed the difference between that group and this XI, which is our PL XI at this juncture.

Luiz has played well so far in the new 3-4-3 system. Alonso is giving us enough at LB. Not a top, top player, but serviceable and an upgrade.

The attack looks sooooooooooo awesome going forward now. Pedro or Willian? Either are okay with me as long as we have Costa, Hazard with them up top.

Kante and Matic are looking really good as the midfield combo. Matic roving all over the pitch, forwards and backwards now that he does not have to be the defensive mid too.

We have all kind of forgotten about Oscar, Fabregas and Ivanovic (save the sighting today - and boy does he look slimmer - must be working his butt off to try to get back in the XI). Most all of us have been asking for this. I still like Fabregas but he is such a liability in midfield unfortunately. And as we all realized Wednesday, JT's days are over. I hate it. But it's the reality.

Conte now showing us why we were excited back in the summer.

Great game today! Great to see the high gear Chelsea back. It is so much fun to watch.

Come on you Chelsea!!

What Conte has done with this team after the tragedy against Arsenal has been nothing short of AMAZING! 4 games, 11 goals for, 0 goals against. Matic seems like the player he was back in 2014, Moses looks like prime Dani Alves and even Gary focking Cahill is performing. Couldn't be happier with the team!

4 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

One thing that worries me big time. Ivanovic back. Conte surely cannot think he can integrate him back. He has no business in the team. It is working just fine, work on it, don't ruin it. Anyway, Conte benched him before his injury, he will do it again. Surely.

I was thinking about it, but I doubt Conte will just let him waltz back into the starting 11.

On the other hand, for the benefit of squad rotation I do see the point of giving him game time now and then just to keep him match fit.

The interesting thing for me was that when he came on, he moved to the RWB position with Azpilicueta still remaining at RCB. Would have expected them to swap positions.

Get in!!! Four on the trot, four clean sheets!!!

Hazard MOTM, Kante & Matic stellar partnership. Well done Victor Moses.

Diego Costa? Must be up there in the top 5 centre forwards in the world. 

Antonio Conte nailed on for Manager of the month.

Happy happy days  :delight:

6 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

One thing that worries me big time. Ivanovic back. Conte surely cannot think he can integrate him back. He has no business in the team. It is working just fine, work on it, don't ruin it. Anyway, Conte benched him before his injury, he will do it again. Surely.

With Terry so unsuited to this formation he is immediate back up atleast until January, so might aswell give him a few minutes when game almost done as opposed to having to throw him in after weeks without action

8 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

He played some good diagonal passes ...Nice to see him back but should not be in starting xi

Brilliant game. Despite we didnt control the game that well and had little possesion in first half, I was not nearly as nervous as usual, because the players seemed to know what they are doing. Let Soton play and hit them on breaks. 

Great work from Conte and players. 

Also what a fantastic fans. Cheered whole game. If players didnt get sheevers on that pitch, I dunno...atmosohere was amazing. 

Unlike some, I think our wingbacks were realy good. Perhaps Alonso isnt best in defending, but he definately makes up with direct play, running 90min, physicality and most importantly, even if he loses challenge, he follow the opponent all the time. He puts alot of pressure and kills space, very nice. Moses, Kante, Eden, Tibo, Cahill, Azpi, Costa and Luiz were fantastic. Pedro and Matic had few bad moments, but still strong performance too.

On fun note, how ridiculous would it be if Conte sent Iva to taste the game in last minutes because he will start him next week. I would kill someone haha.

3 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Antonio Conte nailed on for Manager of the month.

Happy happy days  :delight:

Please no that award is curse look what happen to utd after mourinho won the August award  they have been awful give the award to klopp :D

9 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

What Conte has done with this team after the tragedy against Arsenal has been nothing short of AMAZING! 4 games, 11 goals for, 0 goals against. Matic seems like the player he was back in 2014, Moses looks like prime Dani Alves and even Gary focking Cahill is performing. Couldn't be happier with the team!

Arsenal beat us for the first time in years and it turns out to be the ultimate blessing in disguise, can't make it up :lol: