Milan Badelj

Captain Ahmed

Milan Badelj(Fiorentina) 

Position:Midfield - Defensive Midfield

Foot:right

Nationality:Croatia

Date of birth:Feb 25, 1989

Ex ClubDinamo Zagreb(30 goals in 165 games),Hamburger SV(2 goals in 69 games)

1)http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/721043/Chelsea-Antonio-Conte-Fiorentina-Milan-Badelj-transfer-news-gossip

2)http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/553614/Antonio-Conte-AC-Milan-Milan-Badelj-Chelsea-news

3)http://www.sportingnews.com/soccer?utm_source=Goal&utm_medium=Redirect&utm_campaign=Canada

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 15/10/2016 at 1:07 PM, the wes said:

Is he any gd? 

Really like this bloke. The breakdown describes him as right-footed but he is very comfortable with either foot and as a result has a much easier time working his way out of tight situations and finding angles for good continuity passes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Milan Badelj Characteristics

+ Strengths

Ball interception
Very Strong
Passing
Strong
Concentration
Strong
Tackling
Strong

- Weaknesses

(Player has no significant weaknesses)

Milan Badelj's Style of Play

• Likes to do layoffs
  • Likes to shoot from distance
  • Likes to tackle

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Milan Badelj Characteristics

+ Strengths

Ball interception
Very Strong
Passing
Strong
Concentration
Strong
Tackling
Strong

- Weaknesses

(Player has no significant weaknesses)

Milan Badelj's Style of Play

• Likes to do layoffs
  • Likes to shoot from distance
  • Likes to tackle

sounds like my kind of player and something more for our centre midfield.

Badelj can play in the central midfield as well as in the defensive midfield role, which makes him similar to Nemanja Matic and N’Golo Kanté. With Fabregas injured and Oscar out of form, Conte is looking for options and could even sell some of the players who aren’t playing at the moment. Premier League is a hectic competition making it mandatory for every team to have a good squad depth.

ACF Fiorentina v AS Roma - Serie A

Badelj has superior skills in ball interception, passing and tackling, which are all a manager looks for in a central midfielder. He is also known for his concentration, which makes him a midfield leader. He has an affinity towards shooting from distance which could also come in handy from cleared out set pieces.

He has made 8 appearances for Fiorentina this season and has already bagged 1 goal. He has a pass percentage of 87.9 which is pretty impressive and could make him a valuable inclusion in the Chelsea squad.

http://the4thofficial.net/m/page.php?p=2016/11/chelsea-linked-9m-rated-serie-midfielder-hed-ideal-player-conte/

• 2 weeks later...

http://m.calciomercato.com/en/news/surprise-chelsea-make-an-important-bid-for-badelj-25063

Lol, I knew it I knew it I knew from the first time I saw his name linked. Conte seems to have a fetish for this kind of players. The guy just screams January signing (cheap utility player). 

I really don't know if Conte knows someone outside Serie A. He is an excellent coach and maybe should stick to that and someone else should choose players to buy instead.

If this happens I let it pass but if we get rid of Cesc and buy more of these... 

5 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

I really don't know if Conte knows someone outside Serie A. He is an excellent coach and maybe should stick to that and someone else should choose players to buy instead.

Since Conte became manager we have only brought one out of the players from the Serie A. 

3 hours ago, Yeboii said:

Since Conte became manager we have only brought one out of the players from the Serie A. 

Because we only managed one. We were seriously linked with several like Nainggolan, Morata, Koulibaly, Romagnoli, Brozovic. 

On 16/11/2016 at 11:24 PM, Blue Colored Sky said:

http://m.calciomercato.com/en/news/surprise-chelsea-make-an-important-bid-for-badelj-25063

Lol, I knew it I knew it I knew from the first time I saw his name linked. Conte seems to have a fetish for this kind of players. The guy just screams January signing (cheap utility player). 

If this happens I let it pass but if we get rid of Cesc and buy more of these... 

Hello BCS,

Firstly, I owe you an apology which I will write to you about privately as soon as I have finished this message.

I like Badelj and I am very enthusiastic about us signing him. You may be right in that he does not seem a world-class difference maker, but I think he would make an important difference to us.

Someone made a great point  about Matic earlier this week. They speculated that he would be a much better player if he were able to use both feet. As has often been pointed out, too many passing angles and opportunities are closed to Nemanja because he has no confidence in his right foot. This is in sharp contrast to Badelj, who is very capable with either foot.

I'm convinced that bringing Badelj into the team would give us just as big an upgrade as Alonso has delivered. Just as Marco has done, the Croat would give our possession game a boost and, in so doing, make our attack more dangerous and our defence more solid still. 

Our squad is very thin in just about every position. Adding a  capable player is not a trivial matter, it is an important protection for our medium term prospects. The swiftest way to  re-establish our club's credentials is to make an immediate return to the Champions League. The thinness of the squad puts that prospect in serious jeopardy.

Lastly, someone else made a point yesterday about not wanting us to be active in January. I could not disagree more strongly with this point. We not only need to give ourselves the best chance of a return to the Champions League,  but we need to be competitive once we get there. Our squad is a long way short of the quality and depth required to sustain a challenge on multiple fronts . It is very unlikely that we can make all of the additions we will need in the summer alone.

If there are opportunities to upgrade our group in January, and Badelj represents a serious upgrade in my opinion, then we can't afford to waste that window.  None of the ambitious sides around Europe are going to stand by and watch us improve. The scramble for players is a race and the starting gun has been fired so we don't have the luxury of sleeping in January.

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Hello BCS,

Firstly, I owe you an apology which I will write to you about privately as soon as I have finished this message.

I like Badelj and I am very enthusiastic about us signing him. You may be right in that he does not seem a world-class difference maker, but I think he would make an important difference to us.

Someone made a great point  about Matic earlier this week. They speculated that he would be a much better player if he were able to use both feet. As has often been pointed out, too many passing angles and opportunities are closed to Nemanja because he has no confidence in his right foot. This is in sharp contrast to Badelj, who is very capable with either foot.

I'm convinced that bringing Badelj into the team would give us just as big an upgrade as Alonso as delivered. Just as Marco has done, the Croat would give our possession game a boost and, in so doing, make our attack more dangerous and our defence more solid still. 

Our squad is very thin in just about every position. Adding a  capable player is not a trivial matter, it is an important protection for our medium term prospects. The swiftest way to  re-establish our club's credentials is to make an immediate return to the Champions League. The thinness of the squad puts that prospect in serious jeopardy.

Lastly, someone else made a point yesterday about not wanting us to be active in January. I could not disagree more strongly with this point. We not only need to give ourselves the best chance of a return to the Champions League,  but we need to be competitive once we get there. Our squad is a long way short of the quality and depth required to sustain a challenge on multiple fronts . It is very unlikely that we can make all of the additions we will need in the summer alone.

If there are opportunities to upgrade our group in January, and Badelj represents a serious upgrade in my opinion, then we can't afford to waste that window.  None of the ambitious sides around Europe are going to stand by and watch us improve. The scramble for players is a race and the starting gun has been fired so we don't have the luxury of sleeping in January.

As a member here who always respects your opinions I got really excited about Badelj after reading this. You usually say "we need a better player" when there is transfer rumor unless the player is legit world class. Could you please elaborate why you think Badelj would be such a great addition to our squad? Is it because of our tactics, his talent, your trust in Conte maybe combination of all those factors? I am especially curious about Badelj's attributes. Is he fast, smart and/or a fighter? Dou you think he is an improvement compared to Mikel as a substitute or to Matic for the first eleven?

11 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Because we only managed one. We were seriously linked with several like Nainggolan, Morata, Koulibaly, Romagnoli, Brozovic. 

Of course we were since Conte is Serie A through and through. The media linked us with every player that is Italian and/or playing in Italy. However, 1 out the 5 players we got was from the Serie A.

On 17. 11. 2016 at 0:24 AM, Blue Colored Sky said:

When Conte was managing Juve, he signed Vidal from germany, Pogba, Tevez from england etc.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You