Yannick Carrasco

the wes

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Hmm, seems like he's a bit of a headache. A headache that I'm not sure our club would want after dealing with Diego Costa. Not sure he's the clear upgrade we need on Pedro or Willian either. He looks like he's at about their level and nothing more.

16 hours ago, Pizy said:

Hmm, seems like he's a bit of a headache. A headache that I'm not sure our club would want after dealing with Diego Costa. Not sure he's the clear upgrade we need on Pedro or Willian either. He looks like he's at about their level and nothing more.

I see he only plays for a short time each game too only 4 times over 60mins and 1 was against us (How did he play?)

I was wondering IF a fresh start at new club,new team mates who he knows well,manager etc might do him good? But hes not a big scorer nor assists this year so I really dont have strong good feelings about him. But do think hes got it in him.

Well, this one sounds like it could be true. Not like one of those stories with a random or unrealistic name pulled out of a hat. He is (or was?) also known for his work-rate, something Conte looks for in players. Also Belgian, our club with the Belgian connection and all. Only 24, fits the club's policy of buying players with a resale value. Wouldn't mind this move at all, wanted him back when he was a firm favourite at Atletico, think a new environment and Conte could rejuvenate him.

The club had enough of those bad boys hopefully. Costa or Luiz throwing tantrums should be enough for us to avoid this guy. Even from a footbalistic view he wouldn't improve us enough to say we're set for years to come in that position. If he however comes in as replacement for Willian and we get another one in the summer to replace Pedro I'm all for it.

6 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Another player who won't really improve us. He's okay but nothing special. At least he can play LWB as he does for Belgium and be a replacement for Alonso though I doubt his defensive acumen

Tbh, wouldn’t mind him if he was bought to exclusively play there mostly. He can work on his defensive game - he’s a top athlete so he won’t be as exposed as let’s say Alonso is when it comes to the pace of the game. 

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

What do you think about this? @Belgiannutt 

If we got him it would have to be for the wingback role. He wouldn't be an improvement over Willian or Pedro.

Problem is he's been very underwhelming for the NT playing that LWB position. While he's also made no secret about the fact he doesn't like playing there and feels he's better suited to a more advanced role. 

So i doubt he's gonna go to a club where he's gonna play that position all the time. 

He could be a solid wingback if he applied himself to it but i just don't think he wants to.

Personally i wouldn't go for him unless it was really cheap. 

I'd be looking for better and more exciting players to play the wingback positions but maybe this is the best we can do.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You