• Aina (sub)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The first half was nearly perfect. Such a shame we switched off in the second half and let them play. I don't want to think what all could have happened, had Luiz's sliding tackle ended up in the net, not the post.

Anyway, fully deserved points, a lot of positives to build on, some aspects to work on and Diego is available for the Man United game.

I was worried that Costa would get a yellow card. Good thing he didn't get one as it would have been a blunder that could have been prevented by taking him out of the game. 

In fact I didn't understand the spat that Costa had with Conte there about substitution....

What a great game:

- Costa scored. Hazard scored.

- Kante beastin as usual, played some really nice passes as well. Looks like a genuine decent guy.

- The kids played. Chalobah's assist is the stuff of dreams.

- Costa available against united.

Really good performance.

Tons of positives but one small negative from me especially on the 2nd half when leciester attacked us on our left side, it is our weaker since basically we had hazard, matic and cahill whereas on the side we have azpi,kante and pedro. 

Maybe against a better team a 3 man midfield with chalobah is required.

Funny thing is, there was still a fair number of players on the pitch for us that lacked the overall quality needed going forward and despite that we still played like we did, 9 games under Conte and I have been engourached by six of them.

You can only imagine how good we will be when Antonio gets more of his players and upgrades on Cahill, Moses, Matic and Pedro.

The only slight concern is the counter attack, getting caught lm the counter while winning is one of footballs biggest sins, happened vs Bristol and Swansea and was happening today until Nate came on to shore things up, which could be a problem against United.

Over than that couldn't be happier with today, and three academy lads of the bench to boot.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Funny thing is, there was still a fair number of players on the pitch for us that lacked the overall quality needed going forward and despite that we still played like we did, 9 games under Conte and I have been engourached by six of them.

You can only imagine how good we will be when Antonio gets more of his players and upgrades on Cahill, Moses, Matic and Pedro.

The only slight concern is the counter attack, getting caught lm the counter while winning is one of footballs biggest sins, happened vs Bristol and Swansea and was happening today until Nate came on to shore things up, which could be a problem against United.

Over than that couldn't be happier with today, and three academy lads of the bench to boot.

How do you feel about Alonso?