Roberto Carlos

Ridiculous link to Chelsea from Goal.com, but its another piece of speculation you may be interested in:

Roberto Carlos Attracted To Chelsea Switch

Formerly one of the most successful full-backs of all time with Real Madrid and Brazil, Fenerbahçe's Roberto Carlos is attracted to the idea of a move to Chelsea at the ripe old age of 35...

The left-back, who joined Fenerbahçe in 2007 on a free from Real Madrid, was part of Scolari's Brazil side that won the World Cup in 2002.

Since the coach landed the Blues job, many names from his illustrious past have been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge.

One of them, Portugal star Deco, has already arrived at the club, which adds credence to the rumours that he wishes to recruit some familiar faces this summer. Even Jose Bosingwa - signed before his official appointment - was a regular feature in his Portugal side, which he left after their Euro 2008 quarterfinal exit at the hands of Germany this summer.

With the Champions League top of the Blues' agenda, it could prove helpful to have a man on board who has won it three times - a record bettered only by Paolo Maldini - and Carlos has admitted the idea of a move is one that intrigues him.

"I am happy at Fenerbahçe, but I am a man who likes challenges and a move to Chelsea would be very attractive," the 35-year-old told The Daily Star.

"I understand that [Luiz] Felipe [scolari] wants people with him who he has confidence in and s familiar with.

"As of now I have not spoken to him since he has arrived at Chelsea."

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Goal.com should be banned from the internet. Shocking website.

I remeber them posting a story saying Roman gives a 250 million pounds(not even euros or dollars) transfer booty to Scolari. WTF....you could buy Newcastle United with that money.

I remeber them posting a story saying Roman gives a 250 million pounds(not even euros or dollars) transfer booty to Scolari. WTF....you could buy Newcastle United with that money.

I can believe that to be honest. Abramovich says, hey Felipe, you can spend whatever you like to get the team you want. Doesn't mean he said Scolari can spend £250m on one player!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You