Michael Keane

Melanicus

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Spike said:

I thought you meant right now, or at least by January.

Ah, fair. But, surely if we buy Keane or Gibson we'd have to take a long term view on it past the January transfer window? 

Doesn't make sense to me, when neither substantially improve our back line. Don't think they're much better than what we have at all. Hence why I mentioned about promoting our own HG talent. Why can't we wait half a season for Andreas to arrive? Or, as you assumed, get one of the academy boys in? They might not be better now but I'd rather give them game time than someone who isn't even going to improve the back line. 

Just now, The Skipper said:

Ah, fair. But, surely if we buy Keane or Gibson we'd have to take a long term view on it past the January transfer window? 

Doesn't make sense to me, when neither substantially improve our back line. Don't think they're much better than what we have at all. Hence why I mentioned about promoting our own HG talent. Why can't we wait half a season for Andreas to arrive? Or, as you assumed, get one of the academy boys in? They might not be better now but I'd rather give them game time than someone who isn't even going to improve the back line. 

Well, Terry getting older and I can't imagine Cahill will be around much longer if he continues this form. That's two HG spots.

They were both fantastic players.

Just now, Spike said:

Well, Terry getting older and I can't imagine Cahill will be around much longer if he continues this form. That's two HG spots.

They were both fantastic players.

We can fill those with someone like Christensen. And elsewhere over the pitch, we have some good HG talent on loan like Musonda and Boga. 

Let's say we buy either of the two (x) we've been linked with and ship out JT and Cahill...

That leaves us with (next season) Zouma, Christensen, Luiz and x for CB talent. I'd rather have that 4th CB spot filled in with either someone more talented or a talented young CB in our ranks like Tomori or Clarke-Salter.

Gibson or Keane shouldn't be the sort of players we aspire to sign. 

7 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

We can fill those with someone like Christensen. And elsewhere over the pitch, we have some good HG talent on loan like Musonda and Boga. 

Let's say we buy either of the two (x) we've been linked with and ship out JT and Cahill...

That leaves us with (next season) Zouma, Christensen, Luiz and x for CB talent. I'd rather have that 4th CB spot filled in with either someone more talented or a talented young CB in our ranks like Tomori or Clarke-Salter.

People said the same things about players like Cahill and Lampard.

6 hours ago, The Skipper said:

What if Christensen doesn't want to come back?  He might enjoy living in Germany, playing for a quality side

( I don't want a repeat of the Courtois situation where the player gets bored of Chelsea and uses the media as an opportunity to talk about a move to La Liga)

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

What if Christensen doesn't want to come back?  He might enjoy living in Germany, playing for a quality side

( I don't want a repeat of the Courtois situation where the player gets bored of Chelsea and uses the media as an opportunity to talk about a move to La Liga)

He has to. He's under contract here. 

• 4 weeks later...

Are we serious. Not a Chelsea material at all. Got to aim for potential world beater, we ain't no Everton. HG spot? Can cover with Chalo Aina Christensen Moses. We need to have one of the best CBs(if not, young CBs who has potential to be one) in world to be our starter, not an average overrated English kid who is playing for the worst team in PL. He may have nice little career like Shawcross but that's his ceiling. I'll tell what he is missing to be the best in his position. Pass, intelligence, silky footwork(mold of Nesta, Carvalho, Ramos, T.Silva, etc.) and dynamic.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You