• Pedro (sub)
    • Chalobah (sub)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We did create chances but couldn't get in the final third until the second half, so we are improving do like Conte's 3-5-2 style hopefully it's onwards and upwards from now on since we don't have Ivanovic in the team. Hopefully Terry is back for Cahill and see where we go.

Saying that though Cahill did well as our captain for that match.

It was a good win in the end. Expectations need to be altered. This is not a 'great 90 min performance' team. There will be lesser and poor periods and frustrating moments (poor finishing for example) mixed with the good and positive. We'll witness games varying from very poor to very good.

I liked the transitions in the second half. Chelsea attacked in numbers when they won the ball. Hull was surprisingly open and the players did well to take advantage of that. Both goals were sweet and technically excellent executed.

Credit to Conte for switching things up. I've wanted a manager in charge who would change things and isn't afraid to experiment and Conte gave me a bit of that today.

If the team can keep winning these games against the lesser gods top four should be possible.

6 hours ago, manpe said:

Boring performance? Created little? Dude, be HAPPY that we won by two goals and conceded none, Ivanovic was dropped(!!!!). What else do you want at this stage?

I am happy that we won but the performance was not great at all. Hull team was very poor. They looked porous at the back (no wonder they were destroyed by arsenal and pool) yet we created nothing. Kante was fantastic again at both end. Hazard did his usual but when I watched how sterling played this season more importantly how often he has chance to attack his defender one on one, I feel sad for hazard. 

At the back Azpi is not a CB. Aerial battle is not his game.  Against a slightly better team, the other team will play a bigger striker and put him on our right side and start putting crosses.  We need terry to be back asap. 

Nice to see proper wingbacks in our team driving forward :)

Matić - Kante midfield is too defensive in my opinion, we could really use some creative force down the middle, even if it is 3 or 2 men midfield we need someone creative alongside Kante who was driving forward a lot today but he just can't do everything. ;) Moses is great, he should be starting over Willian :) 

Nice to have 3 points and cleansheet in the pocket but we need to step up the game to beat Leicester and United in next two games. Cmon CHELSEA ! 

5 games against non-top 6 teams : 13/15 points, 3 of which were away games. 

If we can keep this rate against the lesser side top 4 should be attainable, just up our level against the big ones and we might have a great domestic season. 

Despite the uninspiring first half the system looks promising and I was very happy to see the team showing a much better display after the break. I really want to see how a back 3 of JT, Zouma and Luiz will turn out, which means the lucky man Cahill will also take his rightful seat on the bench next to Ivanovic. Also I'd like to see Cesc instead of Matic in this system and a quality RM so we can bring more creative mindset instead of only counting on the individual class of Hazard and Costa. 

Positives: 3 points, clean sheet, after some time we have a RB playing in RB position and a LB at LB's (referring to a proper game) ... 

But the concern is still there ... we were shaky at the back and at times were clueless when the opposition went on the attack. 

Diego is on fire. 1 goal, one assist. Or 2 assists if the penalty on Willian was sanctioned by the referre. I like his new attitude on the pitch, his positive rage to win the game. Conte has managed to extract the best out of him. He is now probably the best forward in the PL.

Glad also to see Moses in our starting squad for first time since 2013. Well deserved. He is not the more talented player. But he is following the instructions from the coach. This what we need. And, indeed, he has been brillant yesterday.

Conte is reshaping the squad. It will take time. Moses in, Iva out, is one of the first step.

Great performance after a few shitty games. Costa and Kante are brilliant. Also great to see Moses playing and Ivanovic on the bench.

Only 3 pages.....people just love complaining when we lose dont they.

8 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Great performance after a few shitty games. Costa and Kante are brilliant. Also great to see Moses playing and Ivanovic on the bench.

Only 3 pages.....people just love complaining when we lose dont they.

Not great, good.

Am I due to another dance?

I was so frigging happy for not having Ivanovic starting. I totally believe the reports that Cahill and Ivanovic are being dismissed by Conte, the only reason Cahill started is because both Terry and Zouma are injured. For that alone I'm wiling to overlook every other bad choice done by Conte in the 9 games we played (just to mention, the late subs, the insistence with Iva, starting Cesc when he shouldn't and leaving him out when he should start,

I think the 3-4-3 could work if we stick to that and drill it well. The first half was painful, really bad. Not one single shot on goal tells you everything you need to know about those 45 minutes. Whatever hairdrier convo Conte had with the players in the break worked pretty well.

I think Alonso has a long way to go, but I also believe he's better than Baba although Luis should have had that positioned nailed down if Mourinho wasn't so protective of his own reputation and given him proper time to get used to the league. We could work with both Azpili and Alonso working as wing backs in the midfield alongside Kante and Matic (or Cesc depending on the match). The three upfront could be any combination involving Costa, Eden and one more. That one more should be Willian most times, but it can be Moses too (although I wouldn't start Moses again, I'd rather play him 30 minutes than 75). Oscar and Pedro could be time wasting subs on mark 85' (that's what they've been reduced too by their own making).

It was far from brilliant and Hull really is a poor side, but we now have two weeks to work again (grrr, I still hate those international breaks with passion) and hopefully Terry can come back (although he's not the answer, but anyone is an improvement over Cahill) and hopefully soon Zouma will be back playing.

I was happy for the result, happy with Conte's choices and with time I hope to be happy with the performance too. KTBFFH

23 hours ago, AWorriedChelseaFan said:

Didn't watch the first half because of work, but I managed to watch most of the second half. Delighted with the 3 points nonetheless! Moses, Costa, Willian, Matic and Kante was immense.

Yeah Matic&Willian were bang average 1st half tho 2bf most of the others were barring afew