Arsenal v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, zekinjo said:

Looking not good at all for us based on this picture. 

Ps: Pic from last training.

image.jpeg

Check out other pictures, impossible to predict starting lineup for this one ;) A lot of different teams during last training session, so I think Conte was testing out everything and everyone ;)

It is rare I am not optimistic before a match, but I am not feeling it here. I hate this PL match follows Liverpool. I am thinking 3-1 to those stinky Gooners.

My observations thus far: Willian and Moses are pretty much equal to this point. Pedro brings more to the pitch than Oscar, certainly more scoring ability and no flipping around or diving either. Cesc's passing touch is needed desperately, but as everyone knows his mobility and defensive help is limited. Batshuayi is quick and physical and needs more playing time. Kante is a boss in midfield. Cahill is average at best and linked with Luiz can be shaky like years ago. Matic is inconsistent.  Time to give Alonso LB and Azpiliqueta RB. Courtois looks better than Begovic but statistically is not. He takes bad paths to the ball and is terrible with his feet. He is no Petr Cech. Hazard and Costa back to 2014-15 form.

Would like more punch in the lineup tomorrow, but think we have to play a little defensive with Cesc behind the frontline. Guess we should revert to the Mourinho 4-2-3-1. I would start with this:

---------------Courtois------------

Azpi--Cahill--Ivanovic--Alonso

---------Kante---------Matic-------

----Willian----Cesc----Hazard---

------------------Costa--------------

A draw would be good result. A win would awesome, but not looking for it.

Come on you Chelsea!!

9 hours ago, Pizy said:

Damn. I can't see us going in to the Emirates with a Cahill & Luiz CB partnership and emerging with 3 points. With JT's leadership and organization I would've given us a great chance. Plus, we all know Ivanovic will go straight back in the team...

My hope is that we'll see Azpi and Alonso as fullbacks and Cesc in a midfield 3 with Matic and Kante. My bet is we'll see the same team we've been playing, though. 

I just don't get this. I see it so often. Chelsea leak goals with Terry in the team as well.

I dont know why all the doom n gloom.

IF we go out leaving with a good attacking side and Diegos fuck youi frame of mind rubs off on the lads we might even rip them a new one. Make old vinegar tits wish even more he had signed our Beast!

Cescy is going to want to goto town so I think hes a must play. Tho I do understand that hes an amazing supersub to come on and really change a game.

I just dont want to see Matic and Oscar with him cause it just doesn't work. Stick a good ball playing B2B Chalobah and Duracell man Kante with him hopefully giving cover for Luiz/Cahill

Heres what I'd like to see

Eden-Diego-Moses

Chalobah-Cescy-N'Golo

Alonso-Luiz-Cahill-Dave

But I really dont want to see

Diego

Eden-Oscar-Wilian

Matic-N'Golo

Dave-Luiz-Cahill-Bane

Or I'm going to hide the Leonard Cohen and sleepers

Anyways I'm off to lubricate the vocal chords and get carefree. We got to give these North Londoners some stick. See ya down the Seven Sisters somewhere.

Headhunters-gooners-hammers_zps7qxj8gdy.  Wankers_zps5zz7nqfd.gif

Hate%20Arsenal%201_zpscqcxbfsy.jpg

13 hours ago, DYC. said:

I just don't get this. I see it so often. Chelsea leak goals with Terry in the team as well.

When the only other option is Cahill I'm taking Terry every time. He would at least help keep Luiz in check. I'd feel way more confident if JT was fit for this.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

When the only other option is Cahill I'm taking Terry every time. He would at least help keep Luiz in check. I'd feel way more confident if JT was fit for this.

Better than Cahill yes but his presence has not prevented Chelsea from looking like a defensive mess. He's been a tragedy at times himself.

We can't afford to lose this game after last week's pathetic performance against Pool, even if it's still early on the season. Vital that we win against our top four/top six rivals, if we are to challenge for the CL spot this season.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Ivanovic straight back in according to Cundy...

great...

Why? Just why? What is he doing to earn his place in the eleven? What makes him so important so he is rested in midweek? Just why??