Arsenal v Chelsea

Jase

Hope we have Terry fit for this one ... We seriously need some leadership and organization at the back. I would go for Ivanovic (Cahill has lost his mojo somewhere it seems and Luiz ... I would never trust at CB) and Terry as CB with Azpi and Alonso (this is a risk) as full backs. Fabergas has to play this because of his last game ... also to get under the skin of the Arsenal supporters and players. Oscar would be need to sit for this one with Fabergas pushing high to support Costa. Would go for Willian over Moses. 

More importantly we need to get into the field from minute one by dictating our strategy and not give too much respect to them. 3 points is a strong possibility. 

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Azpinator said:

The fact that Conte was basically resting Ivanovic on Tuesday doesn't sit with me very well.

Dont even joke it!

We cant lose this ffs. Its been 5 years since those nances beat us 5-3 at home. Bad day!

And seeing as Michael Olivers in black it might be good for us. Theyve lost 3 out their last 8 and drew the other 5 where we have 7 wins and 6 draws from 13 with him.

I know I'm having a few quid on us and going there like we own the place.

21 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Dont even joke it!

We cant lose this ffs. Its been 5 years since those nances beat us 5-1 at home. Bad day!

And seeing as Michael Olivers in black it might be good for us. Theyve lost 3 out their last 8 and drew the other 5 where we have 7 wins and 6 draws from 13 with him.

It was 5-3 not 5-1.

But prepare to feel disappointed when you see Ivanovic starting the game. I'm really optimistic though.

I am reading that Wenger is celebrating 20 years in charge of Arsenal. Why not give him a similar present when he celebrated his 1000th game and left the Bridge with six goals in his net? Just ruin it. We can surely do that.

Damn. I can't see us going in to the Emirates with a Cahill & Luiz CB partnership and emerging with 3 points. With JT's leadership and organization I would've given us a great chance. Plus, we all know Ivanovic will go straight back in the team...

My hope is that we'll see Azpi and Alonso as fullbacks and Cesc in a midfield 3 with Matic and Kante. My bet is we'll see the same team we've been playing, though. 

14 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Dont even joke it!

We cant lose this ffs. Its been 5 years since those nances beat us 5-1 at home. Bad day!

They actually beat us 5-3 not 5-1 but you're right that was a bad day for us.

Offensively, I definitely think that we'll give them problems. But defensively we've been so poor this season so our record of not conceding against them will be under threat. For anyone that's interested they haven't scored against for 4 seasons.

http://www.soccerpunter.com/soccer-statistics/England/Premier-League-2016-2017/head_to_head_statistics/all/660_Arsenal_FC/661_Chelsea_FC

5 hours ago, milan.cech said:

I am reading that Wenger is celebrating 20 years in charge of Arsenal. Why not give him a similar present when he celebrated his 1000th game and left the Bridge with six goals in his net? Just ruin it. We can surely do that.

wouldn´t mind that to be honest hehe

my lineup based on recent performances:

Courtois

Azpi          Ivanovic    Luiz       Alonso

Kante               Matic

Cesc

Moses                               Hazard

Costa

26 minutes ago, Green Lantern18 said:

They actually beat us 5-3 not 5-1 but you're right that was a bad day for us.

Offensively, I definitely think that we'll give them problems. But defensively we've been so poor this season so our record of not conceding against them will be under threat. For anyone that's interested they haven't scored against for 4 seasons.

http://www.soccerpunter.com/soccer-statistics/England/Premier-League-2016-2017/head_to_head_statistics/all/660_Arsenal_FC/661_Chelsea_FC

Well with JT out we either stick with a dodgy Cahill or massive gamble on Bane. I'd opt with Cahill tho I'm afraid.

But if we can keep the ball away from defenders and keep pressing high we should be cool. Depending on if he sticks Matic-Oscar with Cescy and that really wouldn't be fun.

If we go with Chalobah and N'Golo with Cescy I cant see a better partnership.

And Moses in for Willian and let Costa loose I think the central midfield up would be ours with N'Golo covering the CBs. But those passes from Luiz really do come in handy.

Stick Alonso in and Dave so that lets Bane rest his old slow boines.

I'm excited.. The away game I look forward to most.

18 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

my lineup based on recent performances:

Courtois

Azpi          Ivanovic    Luiz       Alonso

Kante               Matic

Cesc

Moses                               Hazard

Costa

Best current lineup for sure :) Maybe Chalobah instead of Matić but not in this game ;)