Arsenal v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, BlueSunshine said:

After tonight's match, it is time for Conte to show if he is a man of his word. Only one acceptable lineup for me

lineup.PNG

Exactly this line-up against arsenal. Even if we lose, keep playing it till we get some chemistry going. 

Well, with the inferiority complex they seem to have with us, I fancy a win here. The line up I was thinking of has already been posted.

It's Arsenal. We won both matches last season, so if that´s anything to go by, I call a 2-1 win, because we can't seem to keep an f'ing clean sheet.

Only danger is if Conte does a Villas Boas/Van Gaal and ditches the "it works against Arsenal" tactics.

He needs to follow the blueprint Jose, Hiddink, Carlo and even Di Matteo has used against Arsenal and Arsene then we get at worst a point.

7 hours ago, BlueSunshine said:

After tonight's match, it is time for Conte to show if he is a man of his word. Only one acceptable lineup for me

lineup.PNG

Oh shit I guess kante ain't playing then?! :)

seriously though, this was Leicester 'B' team, so comparing that to liverpools starting XI is naive.

i personally don't care if Oscar or fabregas start tbh, very different players, but whether hazard and Willian (the fuck Moses will start:) turn up in a big game finally... I mean it's been a while.

Expecting the same team that played against Liverpool tbh. Chelsea haven't faced a midfield of Arsenal's quality all season and because of that I can see Conte fielding that same disruptive midfield to combat that quality. Backline stays the same because Alonso is still adjusting and Willian stays because of his experience in these high pressure games, work-rate and reliability (to at least put in a decent performance). At least one more chance for the regulars. Think the aim will be to keep things tight all game and use the likes of Fabregas and Moses to make an impact off the bench if necessary.

If he does go with those players, he better not lose because he'll lose a bit of credit if he does.

Courtois

Azpi Terry(ivanovic) Luiz Alonso

Kante Fabregas Matic

Pedro(moses)      Costa       Hazard

If terry is healthy he starts next to luiz for me, if not I am very intrigued by ivanovic next to luiz. Cahill has had a rough couple of games (goal aside) i think he needs a break.

I also believe that pedro, fabregas, hazard, costa could be wonderful together. All are very smart players able to make runs and play off each other. I am not opposed to moses taking pedros place cause the kid showed up for us huge yesterday. Either way im very happy with the options at RW which hopefully give willian a kick in the ass to get it together. Curious to see Alonso and hazard link up cause Alonso sent some dangerous crosses in early that i think costa could get on. Happy with his first match.

Its tough luck for oscar since i think he has been playing well and doing what conte asked of him but fabregas just makes the attack hum. 

I am however preparing for the inevitable relapse of choice to Ivanovic at RB azpi at LB with oscar/willian starting. Lets hope Conte rides the momentum.

I bet on my house this will be our line up:

Courtois

Ivanovic   Cahill   Terry   Azpi

Matic   Kante

Oscar (maybe just maybe Fabregas)

Willian                  Hazard

Costa

34 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

I bet on my house this will be our line up:

Courtois

Ivanovic   Cahill   Terry   Azpi

Matic   Kante

Oscar (maybe just maybe Fabregas)

Willian                  Hazard

Costa

The harsh realities of life!

The day we see a change is the day I will stop farting on my Mrs leg when we are in bed!

On 21/09/2016 at 9:24 AM, Special Juan said:

This team if Terry is fit...

Courtois

Azpilicueta Luiz Terry Alonso

Matic Kante

Cesc

Moses----------Hazard

Costa

I'd go for that but without doubt I'd put Chalobah in for Matic and I'd happily donate my left dangly to put Happy in for JT. That would be a good team I reckon.