Arsenal 3-0 Chelsea

Jase

Worst Player of the Match  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Worst Player of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Ivanovic
    • Cahill
    • Luiz
    • Azpilicueta
    • Matic
    • Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Alonso (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

1 minute ago, Atomichazza said:

If Ivanovic knows which he should that Cahill is bad with his feet then he shouldn't pass to him simples. Cahill is a blocker, he throws his body about and is good in the air. Not a passer or dribbler. If you watch Chelsea most weeks you'll notice that no one complains to Ivanovic, I've never seen it, not even JT does. It might be his personality or they don't get on. I'm not denying Cahill made a mistake but if we had Dave at RB the goal against Swansea and tonight's wouldn't have happened I guarantee it. Notice how Cahill and Luiz were good back in the days of Bayern in the Champions League final when Ivanovic wasn't present. Now all of a sudden they are always covering him, and unorganised. People jump on the Gary Cahill hate bandwagon to quickly, he's been a good servant to Chelsea.

And what a complicated pass it was !
Next thing to say is "if Ivanovic knows which he should that Cahill is not a footballer he should have packed the ball and take it home".

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad day at the office, but these things happen. New manager, understandable that he needs more time to find his team: Arsenal and Pool are no pushovers. Game had traits of Arsenal vs. Van Gaal's United all over it, they also scored 3 goals in style, but overall wasn't of much use.

• For the life of me i don't understand why Willian didn't go for goal after Costa's pass, no surprise Costa talked to him afterwards. He worked hard, he's the best option available, imo.

• Cahill is a good lad and worked his socks off in the past, but for quite some time it's not working anymore. But i can't really fold him, he just doesn't know any better. But his mates aren't helping him either, remember him needing Courtois to come out but he went into hiding. Zouma and Terry will come back, Cahill's time is up. But no need for insults.

• Costa is reaching new heights. He's Chelsea's best player this season, have to respect him for what he's been doing so far. Outstanding!

• Fabregas should be benched again, offers little to nothing, Conte was right to bench him before, imo. Hazard, the boy isn't just that good, but with the ball at this feet, he can decide a game. Should be criticized, but no better option available. And of course he's a fan favorite, so i'll leave it there.

Honeymoon is clearly over, bubble burst, but the attacking play has improved. The team will come good, people need to have some faith during a rough period. Team will finish within the top 4, imo.

Had a good laugh reading that some individuals already want Conte's head, no time in modern day football, i guess. So many people seem to know better than most managers, praising the likes of Van Gaal while leaving out their flaws, can't stop shaking my head.

40 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Of course not.

but this is hardly on the manager at this time... He's doing what every fucking manager does when starting a new job: play the established staring xi.. At least initially.

however, the lack of aggression and ball watching STARTING from the frontline (except Costa) has little to do with the manager that's just players not pulling their weight.

yes the midfield was also overrun because the tracking players did not do a good job harassing arsenals defense line. Arsenal attacked us with too many players... 

I never liked Cahill as a player, but at his moment we just can't play him because we start the games losing with him on the pitch.

and yet conte does not have many options in the back line... Some of us have been warning about it during the very lackluster transfer window.

There is no one here who failed to recognise the weaknesses in the squad.  No one who did not see the need for a major overhaul. Indeed many of us, most of us even, have been talking about it for years and that no doubt includes you.

The disputes about the transfer window were not about whether we needed players, but about how we  should go and get them.

Already three more pages than the Leicester match thread, I rest my case :lol:

On the game however, Conte screwed it up, their is a clear blueprint for Wenger's Arsenal since late 00s and that's sit back, stop them playing and hit them when they overcommit, Fergie created it, Jose, Carlo, Moyes and Hiddink adopted it and Conte should have done the same, hopefully he does when we get those cunts again.

As for Cahill, I love the fact he plays with his heart, but he is a limited player who will hopefully be third choice when JT and Kurt are fit.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

On the game however, Conte screwed it up, their is a clear blueprint for Wenger's Arsenal since late 00s and that's sit back, stop them playing and hit them when they overcommit, Fergie created it, Jose, Carlo, Moyes and Hiddink adopted it and Conte should have done the same, hopefully he does when we get those cunts again.

TBF Tomo, you can't expect anything else when the players are performing rubbish defensively and giving goals away cheaply.

Already three more pages than the Leicester match thread, I rest my case :lol:

As for Cahill, I love the fact he plays with his heart, but he is a limited player who will hopefully be third choice when JT and Kurt are fit.

thats what i dont get, why change the blueprint when it has always worked against those karnts for the past seasons? we have the personnel for that, but this team lacks confidence and concentration so bad, we gifted them the game end of.

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

TBF Tomo, you can't expect anything else when the players are performing rubbish defensively and giving goals away cheaply.

We were even worse defensively last season yet two easy clean sheets vs these lot.

We played into Arsenals hands today and they killed us, you don't play high and try to play out the back against Arsenal, it's suicide.

If Conte followed the usual blueprint we would be celebrating three points tonight, I've still got faith in him, but when it was reported he wanted to attack Arsenal from the off I thought oh no.

32 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

thats what i dont get, why change the blueprint when it has always worked against those karnts for the past seasons? we have the personnel for that, but this team lacks confidence and concentration so bad, we gifted them the game end of.

You're preaching to the converted mate, let's hope Antonio follows the Fergie blueprint when Arsenal come to The Bridge.

We were even worse defensively last season yet two easy clean sheets vs these lot.

That's because we defended well into those 2 games despite all the defensive issues and they had players sent off. But this time, we didn't.

That said, Conte could have taken a different approach and it wouldn't have mattered because barring Costa, the players weren't up for it.

Just now, Jason said:

That's because we defended well into those 2 games despite all the defensive issues and they had players sent off. But this time, we didn't.

That said, Conte could have taken a different approach and it wouldn't have mattered because barring Costa, the players weren't up for it.

Was they really that less up for it today than last season? Difference is, Hiddink applied the right tactics to beat them, Conte today didn't, he played the tactics that suited them to the ground.

Just now, Tomo said:

Was they really that less up for it today than last season? Difference is, Hiddink applied the right tactics to beat them, Conte today didn't, he played the tactics that suited them to the ground.

The performance is just as important as the tactics. If the players don't turn up, then there's no point to the tactics. Hiddink managed to get the players to respond from time to time and the Arsenal game was one of them. Unfortunately, they didn't repeat it today. And after we went 2-0 down, did you even any point have confident that we'll come back to the game? We hardly threatened at all besides those missed chances from Willian.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

The performance is just as important as the tactics. If the players don't turn up, then there's no point to the tactics. Hiddink managed to get the players to respond from time to time and the Arsenal game was one of them. Unfortunately, they didn't repeat it today. And after we went 2-0 down, did you even any point have confident that we'll come back to the game? We hardly threatened at all besides those missed chances from Willian.

No, but that's the point, if we set out to stop them playing first and foremost we wouldn't have been 2 down.

For top teams wityh good players a minimum 0-0 is on offer vs Arsenal every single time, to lose like this is unacceptable tactics and management.

Just now, Tomo said:

No, but that's the point, if we set out to stop them playing first and foremost we wouldn't have been 2 down.

For top teams wityh good players a minimum 0-0 is on offer vs Arsenal every single time, to lose like this is unacceptable tactics and management.

Yes but even Conte wouldn't have been foreseen Cahill to commit suicide and give a stupid goal away. And given his unreliability - even more so of late - that could have happened if we had adopted a counter attacking approach. And mind you, that didn't work once when we lost 3-1 up there under Ancelotti.

However, putting that aside for a moment, going a goal or two down is nothing new but the least you want to see is some character and fight back. We showed absolutely nothing to get back into it.

27 minutes ago, Tomo said:

We played into Arsenals hands today and they killed us, you don't play high and try to play out the back against Arsenal, it's suicide.

If Conte followed the usual blueprint we would be celebrating three points tonight, I've still got faith in him, but when it was reported he wanted to attack Arsenal from the off I thought oh no.

yes that is the blueprint to play arsenal and we did try following it.

We played 10 players behind the ball, let arsenal have the football at all times and hit them in counters. That is the blueprint.

One of the issues was that we conceded (gifted) very early which essentially ruined the strategy.

We were also not aggressive enough and not incisive enough in counters. Arsenal attacked us with a lot of players because we simply weren't threatening enough in counters.

Hazard and Willian were particularly poor helping out the middle - Diego being the only attacking player doing enough in both defense and attack.

There are a few questionable tactical decisions and of starting XI to discuss (e.g. why kante sits and matic moves up), but the players selected should be good enough to start and play at a certain level.