• Chalobah (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is what happens when you don't have Azpilcueta slowing up our transition from defense to midfield by checking back to his stronger foot and playing it to the CB, instead of making a quick pass to the midfield player or winger.

This is what happens when Azpilicueta doesn't have to think for 5 seconds to make a forward pass and our winger or midfielder recieves the ball in a bad position and then is quickly pressed by the opposition and has to pass it back to our defender.

This is what happens when you don't have Ivanovic in your back four. He has the technique of a dying mule. 

By far our best perfomance away from home to the defending champions. We dominated even before their red card.

All these things considered and the difference in how quickly we transition from defence to midfield is staggering but not surprising. Okay, Leicester don't do a lot of pressing but it's clear we pass it quicker from the back.

Same line-up vs Liverpool with Alonso and Faberegas coming in for Ivanovic and Oscar. If this doesn't happen i'll lose some serious confidence in Conte. We'll have to riot.  

great win but still doesn´t hide the fact we were trailing 2-0, need to finish games sooner, on another day we would have lost this one, great responde from the team nonetheless, Conte needs to work really hard on this shaky defense, its leaking too many goals, other than that the attack is good.

Similar start like that of Liverpool ... the comeback was great ... And that strike from Azpi ... PHEW!!! As the commentator mentioned, he might not hit another one like this again !!! 

The goal on the end of first half was the turning point for us ... Gave us the belief to keep going. Wrapped it in style. 

Have to imagine that we would've looked significantly more solid all around with Kante in there so I'm not too mad about the first part of the match.

Cesc surely has to start in place of Oscar and alongside Matic and Kante for Arsenal. He'll be up for it against his former club and with Conte's trust in such a huge occasion. He offers far more than Oscar going forward and with two sets of legs behind him that should be enough protection. Just don't have Matic going forward as much.

Cesc having a dig at the media in the interview. Love it!

Absolutely horrendous first half. I really don't know what to say about it aside from that, but let's hope we won't see this kind of football anytime soon. The second half showed a change in mentality, shooting at them like no tomorrow. Diego's movement was out of this planet. Shame he wasn't able to put away any of the chances he had. I like what I saw from Alonso. Not perfect, but it was miles better than seeing Azpi-Brana as FBs. I really do hope Conte uses him and Azpi as our FBs more often than the other, more horrible alternative that we were put through last season.

Our CBs really do need to sort their shit out. Cahill has to improve his awareness, or that goal we conceded against Swansea (I know it was a foul) might come back around at some point. Luiz had fantastic passes, and some shaky defending at times, but he looks solid.

Speaking of which..Azpi, take a bow son. That goal was amazing.

And finally. Cesc took his hat and worke his magic. It wasn't a perfect performance from start to finish, but I think he won himself a spot for the next match.

Edit: Almost forgot about Moses. He won his spot against le Arse IMO. He had them buzzing! Way better than Willian so far!

COME ON BLUES!

Now I am asking just one thing. I want Conte to stick to his own words and select players based on their performances, not names. Come on, Azpi on the right side is a different animal, a left footed Alonso is much better than the dinosaur Ivanovic. Moses and Cesc surely made their own claims. Stop this bulshit with Oscar and Ivanovic. As mentioned above, if we want to raise our game, some players changes have to be done.

Extraordinary comeback.
Please someone explain me why we were the favourites in today's match.
I find it strange.
They were without Vardy-Mahrez, we started without Diego-Eden.
The starting prices were 4.00-4.00-1.90.
When it was 2-2 it was 3.00 for Chelsea goal, 7.50 for Leicester goal.
But Leicester -with ten men- missed two point blancs (one save by Begovitch, then a clear header just wide).

P.S. the "we know you're not here for the ads" keeps coming up, although I disabled APB for the forum ages ago

Great win, major boaster for our next fixture, if conte starts Oscar or Matic, instead of fabregas, then he seriously lost the plot. I hope our next starting line would be: 

courtois 

Azpi RB   Luiz/ Cahill     JT      Alonso LB 

Kante 

Willian       Hazard      Cesc 

Michy     Diego  

i don't see the point of placing two defensive midfielders, it's clear Matic/ kante combination is not working plus we need a creative midfielder and Cesc is one of the best if not the best creative midfielder in the PL. let's smash Arsenal and maintain our status as the pride of London KTBFF 

I like how Conte is making us play out from the back. Eventually we'll become good at it if we keep on doing it. Or maybe it's because we had Luiz, Alonso and Azpi at rightback which made it the most technical backline we've had in years.