test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MichaelDance

Fifa 17

Started by MichaelDance,

71 posts in this topic
9 hours ago, kmk108 said:

You sure you didn't see the Deluxe Edition?

Dunno. Maybe. But that's a lot of money for a video game, man.

8 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Dunno. Maybe. But that's a lot of money for a video game, man.

I remember when $39 was expensive for a video game. It doesn't feel like it was that long ago.

Over here, regular FIFA 17 is $59, and the deluxe is $79, but it doesn't look like Origin has the deluxe version over here. The only thing in that high of price range is a ton of Ultimate Team points.

36 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

I remember when $39 was expensive for a video game. It doesn't feel like it was that long ago.

Over here, regular FIFA 17 is $59, and the deluxe is $79, but it doesn't look like Origin has the deluxe version over here. The only thing in that high of price range is a ton of Ultimate Team points.

You aren't thinking about the inflation.

The 39$ you(or most likely your parents) were paying for a game in the late 90's/early 00's is more than the 59$ they charge today.

Home gaming, outside a select few systems, were a rich/upper middle class kids hobby until very recently

Also 39$ means you were strictly buying used games or gameboy games back then. I distinctly remember console games being  even more expensive. Nintendo 64 games were $65 dollars at stores(Which is like 90$ in todays money), and even Donkey Kong country on the Super Nintendo was ~70$ back then(100$ now) when it came out boasting about its "Realistic 3d graphics". 

That said even cheaper, relatively, it makes no sense to buy a new game. You can get this Fifa , for less than half, used on Amazon in like a month or two.

kmk108 likes this

48 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

You aren't thinking about the inflation.

The 39$ you(or most likely your parents) were paying for a game in the late 90's/early 00's is more than the 59$ they charge today.

Home gaming, outside a select few systems, were a rich/upper middle class kids hobby until very recently

Also 39$ means you were strictly buying used games or gameboy games back then. I distinctly remember console games being  even more expensive. Nintendo 64 games were $65 dollars at stores(Which is like 90$ in todays money), and even Donkey Kong country on the Super Nintendo was ~70$ back then(100$ now) when it came out boasting about its "Realistic 3d graphics". 

That said even cheaper, relatively, it makes no sense to buy a new game. You can get this Fifa , for less than half, used on Amazon in like a month or two.

No, I didn't. I found this, which is how much most of them cost in the US.

System (year) Game cost in USD at system launch year Adjusted for inflation as of December 2010
 NES (1986)  29.99-49.99  59.79-99.65
 SNES (1991)  49.99-59.99  80.17-96.21
 N64 (1996)  49.99  69.60
 PS2 (2000)  49.99  63.41
 Xbox 360 (2005)  59.99  67.10

But I don't want to wait :P I rarely buy any game new, but FIFA is the only game I always get on launch day.

17 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

No, I didn't. I found this, which is how much most of them cost in the US.

System (year) Game cost in USD at system launch year Adjusted for inflation as of December 2010
 NES (1986)  29.99-49.99  59.79-99.65
 SNES (1991)  49.99-59.99  80.17-96.21
 N64 (1996)  49.99  69.60
 PS2 (2000)  49.99  63.41
 Xbox 360 (2005)  59.99  67.10

But I don't want to wait :P I rarely buy any game new, but FIFA is the only game I always get on launch day.

Doesn't that make my point lol? Games, now, are as cheap as they have ever been going by inflation.

I guess it all depends on area too. I am sure things were cheaper in the midwest than they were on the coasts as far as small shops like EBgames went:lol:

Last Fifa Game I bought new was Fifa 12.

I just bought 13 and 14 together off of amazon for 13.99$ Not so much to play them, but just so I have the box to stack on top of my other ones.

I mostly play pro clubs. Enjoy it a lot. Fixed a few things but crossing and headers are op.

Played the journey but after being sent out on loan to EPL i got bored of destroying everyone. 

1v1 seems ok this year. I haven't enjoyed a head to head online match since f10 because it is soo scripted it's embarrassing.

Overall i do like the game but just wish PES could bring back the glory days.

I miss that end to end drama.

On 10/5/2016 at 8:44 AM, BlueLyon said:

If you want to deploy tactics, ai etc yes, but Fifa is still more fun and fluid in gameplay. Pes has better faces, but in action, the movement on fifa players is much better imo.  

Fifa would be almost perfect game if it wasnt for scripting or whatever happens once in every few games online when the players get unbelievably slow, unresponsive and opponent always gets every 50:50 ball. I hope they fixed that in 17.

Tbh, Pes has potential, but they have to fix the basics first.

Playing online isn't fun for many casual gamers when online games are full of addicts sitting on ass all day, every day, dribbling, dribbling, dribbling egotistically like football has become a Lebron James/Leo Messi game.  Fine, if you want that boring nonsense, go ahead and have it. But when one wants to have off-the-ball movement that makes sense while attacking and tactical changes that work, then it is PES. 

The answer should be that both games evolve or a third company makes a better game. PES would be the more likely candidate to truly evolve because FIFA has had too much success with their dribbling and FUT franchise year after year. Can never expect much from FIFA. I am not buying, period.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

I mostly play pro clubs. Enjoy it a lot. Fixed a few things but crossing and headers are op.

Played the journey but after being sent out on loan to EPL i got bored of destroying everyone. 

1v1 seems ok this year. I haven't enjoyed a head to head online match since f10 because it is soo scripted it's embarrassing.

Overall i do like the game but just wish PES could bring back the glory days.

I miss that end to end drama.

What is utterly stupid about EA's FIFA is that they had a good game developing just prior to their PS3 FIFA releases. The game needed some improvements.

However, the whole game's programming clearly started over from absolutely nothing and got fucked up completely by the PS3-generation of developers --which has just continued through to PS4.

As for the scripting that people speak of: yes, it was also there in PS2. It was more tolerable at that time.

2 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

Playing online isn't fun for many casual gamers when online games are full of addicts sitting on ass all day, every day, dribbling, dribbling, dribbling egotistically like football has become a Lebron James/Leo Messi game.  Fine, if you want that boring nonsense, go ahead and have it. But when one wants to have off-the-ball movement that makes sense while attacking and tactical changes that work, then it is PES. 

The answer should be that both games evolve or a third company makes a better game. PES would be the more likely candidate to truly evolve because FIFA has had too much success with their dribbling and FUT franchise year after year. Can never expect much from FIFA. I am not buying, period.

Well I probably wouldnt buy fifa if there was no online since thats only thing I play. Or if we meet with friends but thats not every day. 

I have no problem playing online, I like the challenge of better opponent, but obviously as long the thing is not looking scripted (it happens every tenth game or so). I play whenever I have time and when I was younger I played more, the game didnt change all that much and I can say Im pretty good. Usualy when the game gets released, I play divisons and once I reach 1st, then I only play online friendly games every weekend or so.

Its true, the tactics never work (park the bus and they all go to the middle of pitch haha), subs make impact randomly (sometimes subs are realy fast, not as tired etc, but then sometimes they are completely useless), and you cant realy dictate the play (you can play very direct or with more passing tho), but I still enjoy the game. I almost never dribble but rather pass the ball to goal and I figured its very easy to defend against dribblers. It takes seriously skilled one to beat 3/4 of my players. 

The game lacks that, but its fun to play and thats all I realy want. 

Considering I played pro football IRL for few years, I know it will be near impossible to make a game similar to how football works IRL. And when comes to just enjoying playing with friends or strangers, for me Fifa wins everytime over pes. 

People forget fifa or pes is still a game first and not football simulation/manager. Same thing if lets say Gta was more realistic and you would die everytime you crash, it would make the game less fun to play with. 

I do hate that fifa is becoming more and more commercial thing like iphone, because it makes sheeps buy game over pes or any other game just because others do. The developers still earn money and dont make proper changes every year as they should. And all this publicity stunts with ratings and club/league contracts instead of hiring people who would actualy watch games and then rate players instead of rating based on fame and how much they pay to EA. 

quickpassnmove likes this

Just now, BlueLyon said:

Well I probably wouldnt buy fifa if there was no online since thats only thing I play. Or if we meet with friends but thats not every day. 

I have no problem playing online, I like the challenge of better opponent, but obviously as long the thing is not looking scripted (it happens every tenth game or so). I play whenever I have time and when I was younger I played more, the game didnt change all that much and I can say Im pretty good. Usualy when the game gets released, I play divisons and once I reach 1st, then I only play online friendly games every weekend or so.

Its true, the tactics never work (park the bus and they all go to the middle of pitch haha), subs make impact randomly (sometimes subs are realy fast, not as tired etc, but then sometimes they are completely useless), and you cant realy dictate the play (you can play very direct or with more passing tho), but I still enjoy the game. I almost never dribble but rather pass the ball to goal and I figured its very easy to defend against dribblers. It takes seriously skilled one to beat 3/4 of my players. 

The game lacks that, but its fun to play and thats all I realy want. 

Considering I played pro football IRL for few years, I know it will be near impossible to make a game similar to how football works IRL. And when comes to just enjoying playing with friends or strangers, for me Fifa wins everytime over pes. 

People forget fifa or pes is still a game first and not football simulation/manager. Same thing if lets say Gta was more realistic and you would die everytime you crash, it would make the game less fun to play with. 

I do hate that fifa is becoming more and more commercial thing like iphone, because it makes sheeps buy game over pes or any other game just because others do. The developers still earn money and dont make proper changes every year as they should. And all this publicity stunts with ratings and club/league contracts instead of hiring people who would actualy watch games and then rate players instead of rating based on fame and how much they pay to EA. 

I personally don't want a footballing game on console to emulate the real game. It would bore me to death. Unless you play 45 minute halves which is never going to happen then I want to see action packed games for the 4 minute halves. The problem with Fifa is that you can learn where the sweet points in the game arw. Where to shoot, pass and skill your way through defences that are nearly unstoppable. With the old PES games you could acheieve something original that you couldn't replicate in another game. It was random but bizare genious at times. 

BlueLyon and quickpassnmove like this

On 10/8/2016 at 2:26 PM, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Doesn't that make my point lol? Games, now, are as cheap as they have ever been going by inflation.

I guess it all depends on area too. I am sure things were cheaper in the midwest than they were on the coasts as far as small shops like EBgames went:lol:

Last Fifa Game I bought new was Fifa 12.

I just bought 13 and 14 together off of amazon for 13.99$ Not so much to play them, but just so I have the box to stack on top of my other ones.

Yeah it does. I wasn't taking inflation into account. I remember getting games from stores like Walmart and Target the most. I'm sure they ran regular deals. I usually only got used games at EBGames. I could have spent hours in there looking at every game case.

I'm in my fourth season as a manager. I didn't really play manager last year. Was specific training put in just this year? I've wanted that for some time now. You can train young players instead of having to play them to boost attributes. I also like the more specific expectations, like having to promote youth players. I think they should combine aspects of The Journey with the career modes. Like when a player complains about playing time or wages, you can have a conversation with them. And they can have chemistry problems between players that you have to work out. In player career, you can sign boot sponsorships and do interviews to increase popularity.

And just for the kit nerds, please add where you can sign shirt sponsorship contracts and be able to customize kits (like the PES kit editors).