Fifa 17

MichaelDance

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it'll be the best FIFA in a few years. The new engine has really improved the graphics, I like the hold-up play and set piece changes.

I got really bored with pretty much the same thing every year with the career mode. I'm not an Ultimate Team player, so the career mode dictates how much FIFA I actually play on my own. In the demo, the journey character is wearing a Chelsea shirt, so I don't think it's just United. That would be a great way to ruin a good concept.

FIFA already has the market covered, but PES has improved a lot. If only they were able to get all the licensing.

19 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

I think it'll be the best FIFA in a few years. The new engine has really improved the graphics, I like the hold-up play and set piece changes.

I got really bored with pretty much the same thing every year with the career mode. I'm not an Ultimate Team player, so the career mode dictates how much FIFA I actually play on my own. In the demo, the journey character is wearing a Chelsea shirt, so I don't think it's just United. That would be a great way to ruin a good concept.

FIFA already has the market covered, but PES has improved a lot. If only they were able to get all the licensing.

Agreed on the trailer it has Alex Hunter in the Newcastle top, and City, but on the demo it's Man United but I'm hoping we can pick Chelsea at the start :D

4 hours ago, MichaelDance said:

Agreed on the trailer it has Alex Hunter in the Newcastle top, and City, but on the demo it's Man United but I'm hoping we can pick Chelsea at the start :D

You can pick any team from the PL at the start. And you'll have objectives like the standard player career mode. The only difference is we're gonna have a story behind the scenes.

3 minutes ago, Ledgi said:

You can pick any team from the PL at the start. And you'll have objectives like the standard player career mode. The only difference is we're gonna have a story behind the scenes.

Sweet even better :D still wish they'd give more than 1 match to try the Journey with since we have like a week to go. 3/4 matches would have been ok.

PES 2017 is even better than PES 2016. For me the best football game I've ever played. Last FIFA I played was 14, and I was frustrated with scripting, lack of control and tactics that prevented me from defending the lobbed balls to Ronaldo and Bale. 

Better than FIFA 16 for sure, but again, this game will be an online mess.

The passing is easier ( playing all assisted, yep i'm not a pro ) which means you can easily reach out the Ronaldo's and Bale while using minimum of building, which suit the majority of division 1 players ( I only play season mode online ). Using the wings to go in and let the striker tap it in is still impossible to stop even tough defensively EA made efforts trying to find the right balance, tackles are effective in lag-lesss games but again we are talking about FIFA servers here, matchmaking is terrible.

Beside that shooting is even more easier, only need to be with right foot and 9/10 cross shots are in. You can try it with some decent shooters, Alonso, Vidal, Ronaldo, Bale, Lewan, Costa... 

Players are too slow at certain animations when they need to move or to start a run, to fast when making a pass, defensively it takes ages to give a standing tackle.

Anyway, its still an enjoyable game to play and certainly with so piss poor PES hanging out there FIFA will still be considered as the best football game, but overall, FIFA's peak was 12 & 13, it went downhill since then. 

I personally haven't enjoyed Fifa since Fifa10. That for me was the best product Fifa have ever released.  I haven't been brave enough to spend £50 notes on a PES game. PES5/6 the ultimate footballing games. I hear rumours that PES 17 is making waves in giving Fifa a run for it's money. Though I thinj I will olay it safe and get Fifa 17. EA steal my readies again!

IMG_20160919_073313.jpg

PES faces are sick. Fox engine (made with Metal Gearl Solid V in mind, easily the best gameplay of this generation) is probably the best one around in terms of scan face. Faces and body movement are really natural. 

FIFA's faces are still bad, despite the Frostible engine, the players still look like wax models, and their body models are coming from early Xbox 360 games.