Moses / Willian                        Hazard

Costa

What do you think?

Cesc in midfield against Liverpool's dynamic pressing?! :lol:

Ivan----Cahill----Luiz----Azpi

----------------Kante----------

Willian-----*Matic*-----Oscar----Hazard

-----------------Costa------ 

*Not a fan of Matic in this match simply because he's not mobile/quick enough to deal with Liverpool's athleticism/pace in mudfield.  

But because i doubt Conte will drop him, Matic will be the key player if we are to have any chance of winning this match. 3 things Matic has to do extremely well for us to win this game, is to make many key tackles, positioning has to be spot on, and release the ball as fast as possible before liverpool's players swarm to press him. Pretty much revert back to Matic circa 2014. No big deal. 

Am also not looking forward to Firminho vs Ivan... Nope, not at all. 

I think we need to try Oscar and Fab with Kante as our midfield three at some point, I just don't think this is the fixture for it with JT out.

I'd like to see this:

Courtois

Ivanovic - Cahill - Luiz - Azpilicueta

Kante      

Fabregas   -    Matic

Moses                                Hazard

Costa

We will almost assuredly see this:

Courtois

Ivanovic - Cahill - Luiz - Azpilicueta

Kante      

Matic   -    Oscar

Willian                                Hazard

Costa

As always we win if Hazard decides he wants to show up. He is our focal point and I really like the idea of Milner having to deal with him all day. I want us to be direct which is why I think Moses is an excellent shout for this. He can give Clyne lots to think about and hopefully pin him back in a way that Willian can't.

Mane is obviously a threat but I have a feeling Kante will be his kryptonite. I was hoping this wouldn't be Luiz's debut only because of all the attention that will be directed at him, there's a good chance Liverpool will target him and try to put pressure on him to play mistake free.

Its gonna come down to who can be most clinical when the opportunities present themselves there will without question be goals in this. We need Hazard to be man of the match followed by Kante, if that happens we win for sure.

4 hours ago, Beigl said:

A convincing win against Liverpool on my birthday- that would be nice! emoji4.png

Happy birthday dude lets hope so. Think this could be a classic Friday night at the bridge turn up the noise!

18 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

Since Terry is out injured i would like to see this lineup:

Tibo

Ivan          Cahill       Luiz         Azpi

Kante        

Matic / Mikel            Oscar

Moses / Willian                                    Hazard

Costa

or

Tibo

Azpi          Cahill       Luiz / Ivan         Alonso

Kante        

Matic / Mikel            Fab

Moses / Willian                        Hazard

Costa

What do you think?

The first line up without any doubt.I thing we should let Liverpool play,let them press us and play on counter attacks there defence is already awful so in counter attacks we could exploit that.Would love Fabregas to play but he under pressure is just awful but he would be a massive help in starting those counter attacks.

Antonio is a very likable person, unbelievable coach obviously but just can't understand why he treat Fabregas like some average player?!  Does he know that we were losing points badly in 3/4 matches before Fabregas in? I would say that if we didn't had him as a player 10- th place would be ours right now. He literally saved Conte's ass. 

3 hours ago, Chelsea4 said:

The first line up without any doubt.I thing we should let Liverpool play,let them press us and play on counter attacks there defence is already awful so in counter attacks we could exploit that.Would love Fabregas to play but he under pressure is just awful but he would be a massive help in starting those counter attacks.

I agree with your analysis. Cheers ;)

I think we'll see plenty of goals in this one. None of the 2 defences seem to be very stable at the moment.

Even though I think Cesc deserves a start, it can't be against the scousers. Oscar will do better IMO.

I doubt we'll see many changes aside from JT, but I don't like the idea of Brana at RB for this one. Maybe give Alonso-Azpi as FBs a chance?

Would like to see Moses instead of Willian. More attacking player for me, and we'll need that against them.

I fancy a 3-2 win

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

People have short memories and whilst Liverpool turned over Leicester with ease they got quite easily beaten by Burnley a few weeks ago.

If we continue our good football and intensity we will win.

The intensity from the start from Cfc could/should dictate the game and we take our chances and we dont get a cfcunt of a ref!