• Costa
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Moses (sub)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen a similar way of defending then the one before the first goal for a long time. Pool were all over the second post, a group of Chelsea lads just focused on the ball and didn't look back, maybe Courtois should have said something... but granted things happened quickly. Can't fold Conte for a mistake like that, surely the players must know better than this.

The second goal happens, (not good enough) clearance in open field and the instant shot which came right back at us like a boomerang.

Apart from the aformentioned two goals in addition to Origi's header, Pool controlled the game, but couldn't get much on target. Everything will be alright!

Anyone watching City? 2:0 currently.. Fantastic football. Total football without Aguero, Silva, Stones...... De Bruyne looks like 2 levels above everyone, Sterling from a shitty player to a top one and so....... It's all about the coach and mentality. 

Conte should've brought Moses and Michy right after our goal so we could keep our momentum going.

Milner was playing as a FB ffs and we didn't exploit that at all.. but then he was against Ivanovic and Willian for 84 minutes..

And their CB partnership, apart from Diego's goal were watching the game from the stands.

Pool were losing their legs in the second half cause of their pressing and running all over the pitch. And that's why I think they will not maintain this form for the whole season. It will show during the holiday period. After all the league is marathon, not a sprint.

But the overreaction here is big.. Conte started last of the all the managers in PL this season and this was his 6th game in charge.. They'll probably be a lot more games we'll lose this season but we need to give him time.

I'll be a lot more worried if we don't see any significant changes in the starting line-up and our tactics as a whole in the coming 2 months.

2 hours ago, Henrique said:

Easily the most optimistic guy around. 

It's not optimistic, it's realistic. We were absolute shit last season. We're not going to bring in a new manager and a couple players and be a title-winning side again. It's going to take time and patience.

Last night was not good, but EVERYONE has bad games. It's not like we haven't won a match this season. It's been one bad week.

4 hours ago, DYC. said:

I never believed in this worker team and never will. It's not the way forward. Italy was a worker team yeah but that was a handful of games. Chelsea need quality on the pitch. Players who can bring fear to their opponents and cause them to make changes and play differently.

Willian, Oscar, Matic, Kante, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Cahill. It's too much. They work but they can't play. Even Costa who offers little outside of goals. Chelsea need players who can play.

Well said.

The "worker" team and the "utility" players have be avoided like the black plague. The worker team, aside from the few odd years or games, does not win you anything. Of course there is Italy this summer, Chelsea in 2014-15, chelsea in 2012, Greece in 2004, Leceister last year, etc... but they are in the minority. And if you look more closely at those teams, you can notice that, although they are full of utility players, they still have a major strength upon which they can work. For instance, Conte had the best defense in the world during the last Euro and Chelsea had a magnificant Drogba in 2012. We do not have this possibility as our utility players are too numerous and also because our good players have too much flaws (clear example : Hazard goalscoring ability).

Furthermore, look where ended up worker teams after they won (or made a good performance) !? Greece came back to nothingness after the Euro 2004 ; Chelsea was the first (?) CL winner to be eliminated in the group stage in 2013 ; last year Chelsea was the worst (?) defending champion in the Premier League ; this year Leceister seems to take the same route as us last year ; etc..

In other words, worker team do not win regularly and most importantly are "disastrous" for the medium to long term.

And for Christ's sake, I thought that we were a football team — that is, a team of players that are supposed to play with a ball with their feet. Yet the overwhelming majority of them cannot do the basic with a ball at their feet. And the most pathetic thing out here is that they are paid at least 80k a week... I mean come on, this is grossly what a general practitioner win a year for fixing people's health problems while those so called "footballer" cannot even kick properly in a fucking ball. I do not even want to enter the debate of players' salary — my point is that, before you remunerate someone with millions pounds per year, at least make sure that he can do the basics for what he is paid for !!!

I cannot believe that Abramovich is okay with the shitty mentality and football "philosophy" (or lack of) that we have had for years ; I cannot believe he is okay with all those players that cannot even do the basics... I just cannot. As you said, it is not the way forward and as long there is not a shift of philosophy within the administration, we are doomed to the mediocrity both on the pitch and in the table rank.

On 17/09/2016 at 1:48 PM, petre.ispirescu said:

You know, I was wondering - was any of the transfered players on Conte's wishlist? Because I know for sure that David Luiz and Marcos Alonso were not. They were plan B, maybe plan C after the board failed with every other target.

It leaves Batshuayi and Kante. Batshuayi was the first and came in early. Maybe, I say maybe, he was Conte's request. But Kante, I don't know, I have my doubts. It came all of a sudden after Chelsea penny pinched for weeks for Nainggolan. I think Kante was the board's proposition to Conte and he vouched for the transfer in the end, seeing that Nainggolan's transfer is hard to reach.

Conte was presented at Chelsea as the "first team coach" and I think that now we can truly see that his role at Chelsea is to manage the squad only. And that's it. Even though he said that he gets in touch with the board for every transfer, I think the board have the last say and get the transfers done their way. Just like Liverpool with Brendan Rodgers. I mean, the Nainggolan "saga" was ridiculous, it was like the Chelsea board tried their everything for this transfer not to happen. Roma had set an asking price at first, but Chelsea was always close by a few millions. Not to mention the ridiculous 23m offer, Chelsea's first. Ok, Nainggolan is no Vidal, but come on, 23m? He is worth more than that. Roma was probably feeling from the beginning they are taken by fools. Can't blame them though. This type of 25m plus bonus, 26m plus bonus, 27m plus bonus offer is a joke. If they ask for 35m then offer that money, stop with the 32m plus bonus shit. What is 3m for a club like Chelsea if you really want the player?

Think the board let Conte down but he won't say anything because he is a gentleman for now. Maybe at some point over the years we will read in his autobiography how during his first summer at Chelsea he tried to sign and get rid of certain players, but the board fucked everything up.

You really comparing our transfer policy to Liverpool's? I'm sorry but that's absurd because..

1. Liverpool had a negative net spend this summer, we hit over £100m and had the highest outside of Manchester

2. Brendan alluded to how the transfer committee sign projects, £15m players they believe they can turn into £50m players, and if they get players without that intention it's usually on the cheap, ie Ragnar Klavan. I highly doubt any of our summer signings were made with profit in mind.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

You really comparing our transfer policy to Liverpool's? I'm sorry but that's absurd because..

1. Liverpool had a negative net spend this summer, we hit over £100m and had the highest outside of Manchester

2. Brendan alluded to how the transfer committee sign projects, £15m players they believe they can turn into £50m players, and if they get players without that intention it's usually on the cheap, ie Ragnar Klavan. I highly doubt any of our summer signings were made with profit in mind.

Not, not comparing, it was not meant to sound like that. Only a little similarity, this is what I was trying to say.

Ok, after nearly 48 hours to reflect, though Liverpool came out extremely focused, it took a one in a million strike from Henderson and a complete disaster on a free quick to lose 2-1. Very disappointed Liverpool was more focused the first 35 - 45 minutes, but it was not like we lost 5-0. We fought hard to get back into it just not enough.

I would have to make a few tweaks to the XI. I would get Batshuayi and Cesc in for Matic and Oscar. I would also have to strongly consider Moses for Willian. 

Have to wonder how United fans are loving Jose after losing 3-1 to Watford.

Hate Arsenal is the next PL opponent but then again :D

Come on you Chelsea!!

On 9/17/2016 at 5:43 PM, Peace. said:

I cannot believe that Abramovich is okay with the shitty mentality and football "philosophy" (or lack of) that we have had for years ; I cannot believe he is okay with all those players that cannot even do the basics... I just cannot. As you said, it is not the way forward and as long there is not a shift of philosophy within the administration, we are doomed to the mediocrity both on the pitch and in the table rank.

The sad state of affairs is that this the reality we've succumbed to. I don't really know how we sat back again after a negative transfer window in 2015, after seeing United and City recruit in such an effective manner as we had done in 2014 it was ridiculous. The last chase for a defender was nonsensical from the outset and we saw to what extent when Terry inevitably got injured.

In fairness with Manchester City you have to sometimes sit back and just think "now there's a football club that's run effectively by football brains". When you think about it, Guardiola wasn't this coup it seemed, it was 3-4 years in the pipeline. The recruitment of directors like Txiki Begiristain revolutionised City from a top-down position. We, meanwhile, have a board comprised of businessmen/women and negotiators. 

Roman's failure to recognise this is what is costing to this day. Back in 2004-10 it was okay because only Chelsea and Manchester United were the powerhouses of the EPL and thus were European giants at that point as flag bearers for English Football. City's emergence changed it, of course they also struggled initially but the long-term plan has come into fruition now. You look at how they invested heavily into their academy not long ago and already players like Kelechi are coming good, as is Rashford at Manchester United. 

The problem now is, because our model has been in place and 'successful' for so long it would take a paradigm shift in attitude for this club to get back on track. It would require the board to be revamped and get the balance of football & business brains working in tandem for on, as well as off, pitch success. 

That really is the difference as to why we were unable to recruit with any efficient manner this window. Our lack of European football was exasperated by a lack of structure. Conte was never going to be the one to do that, hence his title of Head Coach being so important. Pochettino was announced as a 'head coach' and his subsequent contract renewal announced him as 'manager', I'd put that down to changing the attitude of Tottenham enabling that successful season they had. 

This is my 2 cents anyway. I think until this shift happens we're resigned to this anti-Madrid model of changing managers but not personnel in the way we should. 

On 17/09/2016 at 0:07 PM, DYC. said:

I never believed in this worker team and never will. It's not the way forward. Italy was a worker team yeah but that was a handful of games. Chelsea need quality on the pitch. Players who can bring fear to their opponents and cause them to make changes and play differently.

Willian, Oscar, Matic, Kante, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Cahill. It's too much. They work but they can't play. Even Costa who offers little outside of goals. Chelsea need players who can play.

Perfectly put. It's almost as if the club decided that it's too ambitious to want more and are happy to settle for mediocrity.

When we pulled the goal back there was so little reaction in terms of momentum, it was as if we hadn't scored.

That first half was fucking atrocious. A scouser who works in my local betting shop said he text his mate saying "Are we away" Says it all really, we looked like a massive team of amateurs.

What a bad night for us. Damn! Liverpool just outplayed us. Wow! 

So I'm not that kind of person blaming the manager for everything. But I have to say: I dont get why Conte makes the changes so late. It's not possible for the substitutes to take influence of the game that late into the game. I dont get the strategy behind that, it makes no sense for me. And we got tactically outplayed against Liverpool. It was a bad match for Conte. 

Our defense is just in a very bad state at the moment. JT is missing and our defense is ruined. That shows how much we need John! He coordinates the defense in a brilliant way! 

Luiz played well, Azpi was okay. Iva is unplayable at the moment. 

Hazard and Oscar played very bad. There was no speed in the playstyle of Eden. And it's the speed and the handling with the ball that makes him a brilliant player! Oscar was shit! Kante was great again. Matic was ok. We really need Cesc in there! Bring him on please! 

We have the same squad for two years now! And we still didnt buy a lot of players I just dont know what the board is doing. 

There is a lot of pressure on Contes shoulders now. We need to change drastically or we end up like last season. And we have to bring on Cesc! Please!! Now Arsenal incoming. Best game to get back to the winning ways! LETS DO IT! Come on Chelsea! KTBFFH