• Matic
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Moses (sub)

On the game: good second half - worst after the substitutions.

Disgraceful first half though - there is no excuse for that kind of display. However, we don't have to concede 2 goals every time we play poorly.

Either the team is great and then Conte is not good enough by employing his so italian and defensive tactics, or the team is weak and conte is going to be a genius if he gets top4. Remember that the club signed Conte knowing how he plays....

I personally don't think it had that much to do with tactics as the players were just not working hard enough off the ball and that directly affected passing - more difficult to pass when no one is close to receive the pass.

Our squad may not be worse than Liverpool's (I think it is), but it is certainly not better. Coutinho is also in a far better moment than Hazard, which makes us a bit predictable atm as he is our only player with creativity and flair in the squad - notice that this is not detrimental to the other players as they don't build the squad do they? Oscar and WIllian are little workhorses, and it's not their fault the club built the team around them both; for me it's too much of the same thing.

We missed hazard in the second half though. The team was better, passing better, but hazard was average... so he had another poor game in my book. His crosses/passes into the box were pretty bad. Most of the time they they didn't even clear the first man. Aside from the flick to matic, can't really remember anything remarkable he did.

BTW, Ivanovic is currently in the unplayable category (Mikel has been there for years).

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't understand how a player with the ability to be the best player in the world like Hazard just has such a weak mentality. He just looks like he gives up if something doesn't come off for him. Goes into a shell. He should be looking to attack and assert himself but just doesn't. Really, really frustrating.

And if this wasn't the game where Conte realizes how terrible Ivanovic is I will rage. He's got cement boots. Ball watches and gets caught out time and time again. He was dreadful.

1 minute ago, kmk108 said:

Fucks sake, get a grip

We didn't lose 6-0. Everything else being the same, a freak strike from Henderson separated the two teams. The way you are all talking, we were laughed off the pitch.

We weren't going to get a new manager and instantly challenge for the title. The early wins really inflated some expectations for this team, but Conte isn't going to just come in and flip a switch that makes us a title contender. He's working things out, the players are working things out.

Agree completely... Who would have thought that Henderson out of all scores with that kind of freak shot!

Just now, Leif said:

the next terrorist attack we hear about from Europe will be done by an angsty Chelsea fan with nothing but an AK-47 and torn Drogba top on his back

he just can't take the shit anymore

This is just piss poor. I didn't watch this match and am so glad that this match was on Friday... My weekend saved.

I can't believe we didn't up our game against Liverpoo( one club I hate the most). Manager come in and go out but we fail to understand that it is the players who are at fault. 

SAF made sure players knew what it meant to wear the red shirt, about time we a manager who does the same for us.

Kick the players who can't commit to the Team and the prestigious blue shirt that they are wearing.

1 minute ago, Robguima said:

On the game: good second half - worst after the substitutions.

Disgraceful first half though - there is no excuse for that kind of display. However, we don't have to concede 2 goals every time we play poorly.

Either the team is great and then Conte is not good enough by employing his so italian and defensive tactics, or the team is weak and conte is going to be a genius if he gets top4. Remember that the club signed Conte knowing how he plays....

I personally don't think it had that much to do with tactics as the players were just not working hard enough off the ball and that directly affected passing - more difficult to pass when no one is close to receive the pass.

Our squad may not be worse than Liverpool's (I think it is), but it is certainly not better. Coutinho is also in a far better moment than Hazard, which makes us a bit predictable atm as he is our only player with creativity and flair in the squad - notice that this is not detrimental to the other players as they don't build the squad do they? Oscar and WIllian are little workhorses, and it's not their fault the club built the team around them both; for me it's too much of the same thing.

We missed hazard in the second half though. The team was better, passing better, but hazard was average... so he had another poor game in my book. His crosses/passes into the box were pretty bad. Most of the time they they didn't even clear the first man. Aside from the flick to matic, can't really remember anything remarkable he did.

the draw or even win was there for the taking, but as always, very late subs by the manager and players not showing up when most needed, Costa did his best and kept us in the game only for the other brainless chickens too fark it up, Hazard needs a kick up his arse big time. Cheers

Can someone please explain to me three things 

1- why is Oscar starting instead of fabregas

2- why are ivanovich and especially Cahill still in our starting line up 

3- why does conte always brings in the subs 10 minutes before stoppage time 

I need answers because if this is going to be our tactic this season we'd be lucky to get top 10

2 minutes ago, Leif said:

the next terrorist attack we hear about from Europe will be done by an angsty Chelsea fan with nothing but an AK-47 and torn Drogba top on his back

Is this supposed to be funny or something? Embarrassing.

This joke of a football game left me with such a bad taste I think I'll detach myself from any football on TV this week-end. To say that I am disappointed is an understatement. Pathetic tactics and team selection, absolutely awful. As much as admiration I have for Conte, he has to take the blame for this one. He is better than this, I know it, we all know it, but this one is on him. He is digging his own grave by starting Matic and Oscar. What a useless combo, there is no words to describe how shite this two are, especially the biggest fraud in world football, Oscar. Ivanovic and Cahill as well, frauds stealing a leaving. Unbelievable how 90% or more of the Chelsea fan base and probably neutral fans, too, can see that this four in particular are dog shite but they are still starting. There is definitely something wrong at this club when it comes to team selection and by the way, Conte must forget about his feud with Fabregas and bring him the fuck back. No creativity and no service with the two donkeys Matic and Oscar on the pitch and they are still on with 10 minutes to go??? Borderline ridiculous.

If this football game has not shown Conte that certain players must be benched then I don't know what to think anymore. 

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

the draw or even win was there for the taking, but as always, very late subs by the manager and players not showing up when most needed, Costa did his best and kept us in the game only for the other brainless chickens too fark it up, Hazard needs a kick up his arse big time. Cheers

yeah perhaps the subs did not have that much time to do anything. I thought he should have changed right after we lost the momentum mid second half.
I can certainly understand not to change when we scored and were playing better, but that died out later.

Yeah getting worried again... second game in a row for hazard who looked pretty much like beginning last season. Hope he turns it around though.

The irony of this game was that with all the talk about Luiz coming back, and it's Cahill who is involved in both goals (making a clear mistake in the first).

7 minutes ago, Kieran. said:

We'll see if Conte has balls now, he can't keep on with Ivanovic, Oscar, etc. 

Will never happen, I bet anything the board make Conte play them just like Mourinho, but Mourinho did like Ivanovic anyway.